Status: Active ♥

My Heart Belongs to You

Two

They had been talking for nearly two hours, when Dylan's phone rang and he stepped into the kitchen to answer it. Taylor knew who it was, when Dylan returned looking less than happy and announced that he had to get home.

"Thank you for listening to me complain," Dylan said as Taylor showed him out, "I know that you and Michelle don't get along, but I still think that you're pretty cool."

"This wasn't about Michelle... it was about you," Taylor replied, "My doors always open if you need someone to talk to."

"I'll definitely take you up on that offer," Dylan stated with a smile, before turning away and heading across the yard to his house.

Closing the door, Taylor leaned against it and took a deep breath as she tidied up. Making her way upstairs, Taylor grabbed her laptop and logged into Facebook to see if Tammy was online. Seeing that she wasn't, Taylor clicked on the status box and let her fingers hover over the keys for a few moments in thought.

'The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason you held on for so long.'

Shutting her laptop down, Taylor opened her diary to a clean page and started writing down the thoughts that she couldn't share with anyone else.

'Dear diary
So there's this guy that I've known for a while and I really like him, but he is with someone else. I listen when he talks and melt when he smiles a genuine smile, but my heart breaks every time I see him with her. What do I do? How can I stop my heart from hurting?'


Falling asleep quickly, Taylor woke up the next morning to her mom shouting downstairs and got ready for school. Making her way down to the kitchen, she poured herself some juice and sat at the counter to eat.

"Can you drive me to school today?" Taylor asked as her mom hung up her phone.

"I wish I could sweetheart, but I have meetings all morning and they're extremely important if I want to expand my business," her mom replied.

"Whatever," Taylor mumbled, putting her glass in the sink and heading towards the front door with her bag slung over her shoulder.

"Taylor," her mom called, causing her to look back over her shoulder, "We'll spend some time together tonight, perhaps we can watch a movie and order take-out."

"Sure," Taylor agreed, opening the door, "If you can fit me into your busy schedule that is."

Slamming the door behind her, Taylor fought back the tears that threatened to fall and looked up as someone shouted her name to find Dylan approaching her looking concerned.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"You look like you are about to cry, that normally doesn't happen if you're fine," Dylan said as Michelle pulled up next to them.

"Dylan, what are you talking to her for?" Michelle demanded, throwing Taylor a glare, "Get in the car, I don't want to be late."

"Don't get your panties in a twist," Taylor stated, "Your boyfriend was just trying to bribe me into doing his homework for him, unfortunately my work is worth way more than he was prepared to offer... a can of Monster and a rocky road bar, really?"

"Whatever, weirdo," Michelle snapped, glaring at Dylan as he failed to cover his laughter, "Dylan, just get in the car already."

Hesitating for a moment, Dylan sent Taylor an apologetic look and climbed into the passenger seat of Michelle's pink convertible. Watching as Michelle pulled away, Taylor rolled her eyes at the scene that just played out in front of her and made her way to school. Arriving late, she rushed to her English class and took her seat beside Tammy.

"Why are you late?" Tammy whispered.

"I was busy contemplating all the things I could do during the time I waste in this class," Taylor replied in an equally hushed tone, causing Tammy to chuckle and punch Taylor playfully on the arm.

"Had another argument with your mom this morning then?"

"We're supposedly going to have a movie and take-out night tonight, but I can guarantee that it won't happen."

"Maybe she'll surprise you."

The thing was that Taylor knew that it wouldn't happen, her mom would get a call from work as she always did and Taylor would once again be left alone. Of course, her mom would apologize profusely and promise to make it up to her, but in the end, it was just words. Taylor never complained, she wasn't deprived of the things she needed and despite experiencing rough seas at times... her life was pretty good.