Status: Active ♥

My Heart Belongs to You

Nine

It had been nearly two weeks since her argument with Dylan, but they still weren't talking and Taylor didn't know how she could fix it. Walking into school Monday morning, Taylor could just tell that it was going to be a bad day and she wasn't wrong. Making her way to her locker, Taylor spotted Michelle strutting in her direction and bit her tongue as she was barged into the wall.

"You ruined my relationship," Michelle hissed.

"Oh my god," Taylor stated angrily, "For the hundredth time, I had nothing to do with Dylan breaking up with you... just leave me alone."

"I don't think I will," Michelle added with a smirk, "I warned you about what would happen if you didn't stay away from him."

"Look, Michelle, it was your mouth that got you into the situation you're currently in with Dylan," Taylor told her honestly, "Besides, Dylan isn't talking to me either.. So your excuse for harassing me is moot."

"I guess I just like messing with you," Michelle said, causing the girls behind her to laugh, "Watch your back, troll."

"How is this my life right now," Taylor mumbled to herself, putting her stuff in her locker and heading to her first class.

Lunch time soon came around and Michelle took the opportunity to attack, by knocking Taylor's food all over her with a satisfied smirk. Ignoring the concerned calls of her name, Taylor rushed out of school with tears rolling down her cheeks and headed straight home. Letting herself in, she dropped her bag at the bottom of the stairs and went up to her room to get changed.

Entering the bathroom, she got dressed into clean clothes and stared at her reflection in the mirror. She knew that a little-spilt food was hardly worth the tears that were still careening down her cheeks, but it was like it forced something fragile within her to snap and she just couldn't hold them back anymore. Hearing the front door close, Taylor splashed her face with water and made her way down.

"What are you doing home so early?" Her mom asked as soon as she entered the kitchen.

"I needed to get changed," Taylor replied, sitting at the counter and picking out an apple from the fruit bowl.

"Well, I don't want to hear that you've been skipping classes," her mom warned, "So, I suggest you eat on your way back to school."

Returning to school, Taylor ignored the obvious whispering and smiled as she approached Tammy. Knowing that her smile wasn't fooling anyone, Taylor shook her head to tell her best friend to let it go and hooked their arms. Not wanting to go home after school, Taylor let Tammy drag her back to her house and followed her into the kitchen.

"Hey mom," Tammy greeted, kissing her mom's cheek and pouring them both some juice.

"Hello love, how was school?" Her mom inquired, glancing back from her position at the oven and smiling at Taylor, "Taylor sweetie, how are you?"

"I'm fine thank you, Mrs. Weaver."

"Good, are you staying for dinner?"

"If you have room for one more."

"There will always be room at our table for you, Taylor," Mrs. Weaver stated, "Now, why don't you girls go upstairs and I will call you when the food is ready."

Following Tammy up to her bedroom, Taylor flopped onto one of the big bean bags in the corner and put her bag down beside her. Accepting the laptop that Tammy was offering her, Taylor put some music on and screeched in shock as Tammy's brother, Kevin burst into the room singing.

"Kevin, what the hell?" Tammy shouted as he dropped down next to Taylor, wrapping his arm around her waist to stop her falling on the floor and shifted them into a more comfortable position.

"I just came to see what my little sister was up to," Kevin replied, resting his chin on Taylor's shoulder as she settled back against his chest and whispering in her ear, "I didn't mean to scare you."

"I'll live," Taylor told him with a chuckle as she logged into her Facebook.

Clicking on the status box, Taylor thought for a few minutes and then started typing. 'The best way to make a bad day better is to spend time with some of your favorite people #BadVibesGone'

Getting her phone out of her bag, Taylor motioned for Tammy to get in the picture and took a couple to upload. Attaching one to her status, she posted it up and then updated her profile picture as well.

"That's my favorite picture of us," Kevin commented, pointing at an old photo of them and earning a smile from Taylor, "Was that taken at the lake?"

"It was," Taylor confirmed.

"That was the summer you broke her arm," Tammy added.

"I did not break her arm," Kevin argued, "We were all jumping out of that tree into the lake and she missed the water... it was funny until I realized that she was genuinely hurt."

"It was pretty funny," Tammy said, lying on her bed, "All I remember is Taylor shouting Cowabunga and then watching as she hit the ground."

Sending Tammy a glare, Taylor slapped Kevin's hand to stop him from laughing and chuckled as he tightened his hold on her slightly in apology. It wasn't long after that, that Mrs. Weaver called them all down for dinner and they all sat at the table to eat.
♠ ♠ ♠
I found this chapter hard to write as I wasn't sure what direction to take with it, hopefully I made a good decision... Happy Reading ♥