Status: In Progress

Juxtaposed Lies

Surfacing Flames

You felt it. You smelt it. You could see it and taste it.

Fire.

The heat burned your hair, but not your skin. The room smelt of burning flesh. You could taste the sot in your mouth as you watched them burn. Your mother was dropped into a pile of burnt flesh, and now your father was engulfed in flames. You heard him scream in agony and curled in the corner, squeezing your eyes shut while holding a spell book to your chest. You heard your father mumble some fast words.

You jolted forward in your bed, sitting straight up in a cold sweat. Your hand clenched in a fist, ruffling the satin gown that covered your heart.

'That memory...' you thought as you panted, tasting and enjoying the cool, moist air of the basement you called a room.

~Flash Back~

You remember that when you were seven, your parents were burned before your very eyes by a powerful warlock. Your father had you teleported somewhere safe with what little energy he could muster as his skin and flesh was being burned. A side-effect of the spell put you into slumber, but when you woke. Two people stood over you. A pair of newly-weds had found you on their porch. The smiled at your opening eyes and offered you food to eat.

The woman took the book and looked at it. Her eyes widened when she saw an incantation. She looked at her husband and they talked into another room before walking in to talk to you.

'Miss, what is your name?' The woman said as she sat in front of you.

'My name is ______,' you said quietly. Unsure of what they were going to do to you.

'We know that you were born a dark witch. We knew your parents well,' the man said as he joined his wife on the couch. 'Would you like to stay with us? We will protect you and take care of you.'

You sat there thinking about how you didn't know these people, yet they were being so kind to you, even though they knew that you were a dark witch. And... they... knew your parents.

~End of Flash Back~

You walked over to a window and saw that the sun was slowly beginning to rise. You decided to get an early start, seeing as how you had little chance to go back to sleep.

You walked up stairs and took a long, skin burning shower.

~Time Skip~

After the shower, you went back to your room and slid on your black jeans, purple shirt, and black sneakers. Tossing your black hoodie over your shoulder and grabbing your school back, you walked up stairs to join your 'parents' and 'siblings' in the dining room.

"Morning guys," you said gruffly as usual patting the heads of your 'brothers' and messing up the hair of you 'sisters'.

"Morning," the boys yawned, sleepy drool still apparent on their faces.

"AH! We spent all morning working on our hair, ____!" Jessica exasperated.

Malery giggled and said, "Good morning, sister."

You smiled at Malery, grateful that she wasn't as girly as her twin, Jessica.

A stack of fresh pancakes appeared in front of you and you turned to see your 'dad', Mr. Hagglesworth, standing next you with a grin of delight. You smiled back at him before turning to the delicious breakfast he made.

"I'll walk you guys to school. Hurry up and get ready," you yawned to your 'siblings' as you began eating, knowing that they had already finished.

They ran off to finish getting ready. The boys brushed their teeth, triplets, and the girls ran to fix their hair, though Malery could really careless.

After 15 minutes of waiting on the porch for the kids, some boys, more specifically, the ones who picked on you your whole life since you became Janey and Kalvin's 'daughter,' came walking and stopped infront of the house, and began to laugh at you. You had recently cut your hair. All of your long, beautiful locks and bangs were now down in your room. They would help you to make potions and spells.

"Haha! Hey, ugly!" One of the boys, Alfred, called over to you.

Malery came out and stood next you.

"You are a fatt and ugly whore, ____!" Mathias yelled.

Your eyes, hidden with in the hood, began to glow and a purple aura surrounded you as you turned to them.

They continued to laugh and call you horrible insults as they just stood there. Soon all of your siblings had come out. If they weren't there, you would have incinerated them. You walked down the steps and looked Alfred straight in the eyes.

He grinned, "What are you going to do? Smack me?"

You smirked as you lifted your knee quickly to damage him right in his nad-nads.

With your 'siblings' trailing you, you began to walk towards their school, hood down. You could still hear Alfred's groans of pain as you turned the corner. You smirked and you heard Malery tell Jessica and the boys what happened.

"They were calling her names and laughing at her. Now you see why she never brings a boy home. They're all jerks!"

"No they aren't! ____ is just a big bully!" Jessica argued.

The boys were silent.

You sighed and rolled your eyes as you neared their school building.

"Go to school guys, see ya later," you watched them walk into the building before turning back around to go to school in the other direction.

As you neared the corner, you heard Alfred grunt as he stood up. You kept walking as they started following you. You sighed and pulled your hood on, putting in your ear buds and turning the loudest metal music you had on. You lowered your head and let your body take on a sulking form.

You could have been sleeping, that's how dead it felt in your bubble. You ignored the men walking behind you, but knew that they were getting closer. You yawned and looked at your watch. You were going to be late, but so were they. You smirked as a plan developed.

You quietly muttered some words and suddenly there was a wall that kept them back; they watched as you continued to walk on. You smirked as you changed your position. Turning off your player and dropping it into your pocket, you ran to school and made it there on time.

You sat in the back row, in the darkest corner of the class room. You finished the only thing your teacher had planned, a test, and decided to just sit there. You fell asleep and was taken back to a different memory. The first time you used your powers.

~Flash Back~

You were running down the streets. You were nine and was sneaking out to see if you could find some ingredients for a potion. It was dark. Really dark. You took a turn and ran into dead-end alley. You heard pebbles and shattered glass shift behind you. You turned around to see three tall, burly mean. The were half dressed, and reeked of alcohol.

They approached you slowly. You just starred at them, waiting for instincts to kick in. The got closer and you saw that each of them still had bottles in their hands.

"Zhis une's a zmall une, isn't shay?" One of the man's voices slurred.

"Hm. 'es, but jat'll unly mean shay ztills has he varginerty," the second man slurred with a heavy, drunken voice.

The third one began to walk faster, as if he was impatient and starving.

Your heart raced and your eyes widened as you felt your instincts take in what was about to happen. You were wearing a purple dress, a pair of shiny black dress shoes, and your black cloak that was hooded and had sleeves. You closed and then opened your eyes. You felt a purple aura radiate off of your naturally (ec) irises and spread to make your eyes glow.

Your hands began to heat up, as if they were on fire. They were on fire, with a dangerously bright, glowing purple aura. You suddenly began to levitate from your power. The men starred at you in disbelief. You muttered a few words and shot them with the purple aura that was glowing off of your hands. They were shot out of the alley and then scrambled to their feet to run away.

~End of Flash Back~

You sat up and smiled at the teacher, just in time to collect homework assignments. A twenty page report, three chapters from the book 'Of Mice and Men,' and a big packet of work sheets due by Monday. You smiled at the list and packed your things. A straight A student, awesome self defense, and a dark witch.

You walked down the halls, preparing to leave for the day when you heard a familiar laugh. 'No. Not him. Where is he?' You thought as you looked around. 'No, no, no. He found me. He found me!' You started to panic and then you saw him. Arthur Kirkland. A British exchange student. You listened to him laugh, that familiar, omnious laugh you heard in the past... when your parents were killed...