Status: In Progress

Juxtaposed Lies

Exposure? Or More Lies?

You stood there, frozen. Pain shot through you as you thought about your parents murder, and stared at the murderer.

"HEY WHORE!" You turned quickly to see Alfred and his friends making their way to you.

'Shit,' you thought as you turned and ran though the doors and down the stairs. Half way to your siblings' school, you looked over your shoulder to see if they were still chasing you. Big mistake.

1) They were right behind you.

2) That forgein exchange kid, aka your parents' murderer, was with them.

3) You tripped on the sidewalk.

You grabbed your books and tried to get back up, but Alfred caught you and threw you back to the ground. The wind was knocked out of you as you fell back, your head hitting the cement. You gasped for the oxygen then pushed yourself back up and leaned against a sign as Alfred and his friends surrounded you. Alfred threw the first punch as Matthias and Gilbert held your arms.

Gut.

Gut.

Gut.

You waited for the next blow. But it didn't come.

When you finally forced your eyes opened, you saw a mop of messy blonde hair standing infront of you, holding Alfred's fist in his hand.

"Well, 'ello you yank. Tell me, why are you beating on this girl like some bloke?"

You knew Alfred was thicker than a door and didn't understand what the guy said, but the way his eyes burned in anger was enough to tell you that he knew that he was insulted.

Alfred pulled his fist back from the Brit as Matthias and Gilbert threw you down to the ground. You landed on your back with a Oof! as the two grabbed the Brit by his arms.

You got up and ran before the fight could continue. You ran until you got to the school where the twins and the triplets waited out front for you. You quickly led them back down the sidewalk and stopped when you saw Gilbert and Matthias limping away, lugging an unconscious Alfred. You starred in awe as the brit picked your books and bag up and walked to you.

Suddenly, more memories flashed into your head...

Your mind was reeling, your heart racing as you felt a blade to your neck. You couldn't see, your arms were bound. Everything was bigger, and you were small. So little. So insignificant to the rest of the world.

The cool blade traced along your neck lightly, send tingles to your brain, telling you that this was the end.

"She's a monster!" A male voice hissed angrily.

"We should've done away with her when she was born!" A female's voice growled.

"Now they'a know of her exsistence. Soon'a the war will be over, and the kingdoms unite under'a her rule," an itallian voice bubbled lightly. "Kill'a her now!"

You heard a loud thud as the door was swung open.

You felt someone about your hieght, and likely no older than you as well, crawl behind you to escape.

You gasped as you returned to reality and had fallen onto the sidewalk.

"Are you okay, love? You blacked out."

"____!" You heard your foster dad call out to you as he and Malery ran down the sidewalk.

You blinked and realized that you head was in that guy's lap.

You pushed yourself up and rubbed your head, "Ow... my head."

"Sorry, love. My backpack wasn't exactly the softest thing to through under your head once I saw you falling."

You blinked.

"It would've been worst if you hit the concrete. Your head might cracked or something the like."

You nodded, "Thanks, then."

He nodded.

"_____! Are you okay?!" Your 'dad' began to examine you for any other injuries.

"Dad, I'm fine. Its just my head that hurts. And its more of a headache than hitting the ground," you explained calmly, and honestly, to the frantic man.

He began rambling on about calling mom and asking her if you should go to the hospital.

"Dad! I'm fine!"

You turned to the brit and eyed him, "What's your name?"

"I'm Arthur Kirkland. Nice to meet you, love," he bent and kissed your hand lightly.

That got your dad's mind off of your fall and onto the fall.

You blushed lightly and bowed your head softly, "I'm ______. Thanks for saving my life. Twice."

You swung your bag onto your back began walking home with the others.

"What do you mean by twice?" Your father asked infront of you.

"Nothing, dad. Just laughed so hard at lunch that I started choking," you lied. If he knew you were being bullied, he'd make you transfer and move. But you didn't want that to happen.

~Later~

"Honey, we're going. Are you sure you don't want to come with us to grammie's?"

"No thanks, mom. I have alot of homework to do. I'm probably just going to go the library, get chinese, and come home," you told your mom as you helped her pack the car. "Plus, I can't really miss a whole week of school."

"Okay, honey."

"No boys!" Your dad called from the otherside of the car.

Your mom looked at you with a puzzled expression. You shook your head to imply that he was being stupid again. She nodded in understandment.

This was a usual thing; them going on a week long trip to see her mom, you opting out for quiet time, and you and your mom being able to communicate through looks.

You waved at them as they pulled away, then went downstairs to your room. You took your shirt off and looked at your stomach in the mirror.

More bruises. You looked at your arms, bruised. You stripped your jeans off and looked at your knees, scraped and bruised. You turned to see a majority of your back, bruised. You sighed and changed into something that would let you blend in a little more.

You slid on red skinny jeans, paint splattered with greens and blues, a yellow shirt with a sparkly red letters on it that said "Kiss Me, I'm Real" with a pair of equally red and sparkly lips next to it, you then slid on a pair of black flats and a pink hoodie of (local community college).

You grabbed your bag and left, locking the door behind you.

You went to the library and got started on your twenty page book report. Selecting the largest historical biography and began to draft your web.

Main topic: How has the Theory of Evolution Changed Religious Beliefs?

You began to read some of the book, finished the first chapter by closing time. You left and went to a chinese restaurant.

"Man! Why couldn't we go to McDonalds or something and get burgers?!"

Your blood ran cold as you heard Alfred's voice rise from a booth. You hurried into the girls bathroom.

"Damn it! Can't I go anywhere without bumping into those morons!" You shouted into a mirror before digging in your bag for your emergency disguise kit.

You pulled your hair up into a bun and used bobby pins to secure a blonde wig to your head. Putting on typical teen girl mascara and eyeliner, you mentally wanted to vomit. You quickly pulled off your hoodie and put on some eyeshadow and blush. Shoving your hoodie into your bag, you applied some sparkly cherry lip gloss and slung your bag on.

You sighed and walked out into the restaurant.

"Ma'am?" A waitress looked at you.

"Table for two please," you had to make it look like you were expecting someone, then act like you were stood up until closing time. Which meant checking your phone frequently for his text, and looking all sorts of busy.

The waitress led you to a table, sadly in eyeshot of Alfred.

"What would you like to drink?"

"Diet Coke please," you smiled up at her as you sat.

Once the waitress walked away, Alfred took the opposing seat, with the rest og his gang watching from the sidelines.

"Sorry to keep you waiting, babe. Just never knew someone like you exsisted."

"Oh, sorry. No, I'm waiting for someone else," you cocked your head to the side and smiled softly.

Alfred smiled, "That's cool, dudette. Mind asking your friend for a raincheck? Because I plan to spend the whole weekend with you." He winked in a way that made your stomach churn.

"Oh, uh, no. Sorry, he's... very special to me," you tried to play it cool, though you wanted to vomit all over his face.

"Well, if he wasn't here before you," his hand came across the table to hold yours, "then you mean nothing to him."

"Uh..."

"Exquese me, yanker. I believe this is my seat."

You both looked over to see Arthur.

"N-No problem, man!" Alfred jumped up and dusted the seat off, then rushed back to his table.

"So, love, how are you this evening?" He leaned closed and kissed you hand. He winked at you, clueing you in that he knew it was you.

You blinked and fluttered your eyes, playing the role of girlfriend properly, "Great now that you're here."

The waitress came back and sat your drink down then left to get Arthur's warm cup of tea.

After you two finished dinner, and he payed for you like the boyfriend would, you both left together.

"Thanks again, Arthur," you said as you dug through your bag, pulling out your hoodie and stripping yourself of that awful disguise.

"No problem, love."

"But, how'd you know that it was me?"

"Your eyes," he said simply.

You turned and looked at him, his face was slightly flushed.

Your cheeks began to heat up, too. And it burned... burned... burned... burned...

You were burning... you were hurting... much too much.

"STOP!" You heard a voice call out.

"Damn it!" the itallian voice screeched before disappearing.

The flames were gone, but you still felt the burn. And heard his voice echoing... "'Til we'a meet again, ragazza~"

You gasped and looked around. You were being carried. By who?!

You looked beneath you to see Arthur's messy blonde hair. 'He killed my parents... he killed my parents... HE KILLED MY PARENTS!'

You pushed yourself off of his back and used a spell to throw him to the wall.

"You killed my parents!" You shouted.

He blinked. You were her.

"____! Wait, love! Let me speak!" He didn't use his magic to fight back.

"What do you have to say?!"

"They weren't your parents!"