Flour.

chapter six

The next morning, Sutton woke up early, not an unusual occurrence. It was approximately 7:25 when she rolled her, and saw the tattooed arm draped over her body. With wide eyes she recalled the events from last night and how exactly she ended up in the same bed as Harry Styles, one of the biggest stars in the world. Fuck! was her first and only thought as she tried to maneuver out of the bed without waking him up. She searched for her phone, knowing that Candace had probably sent tons of messages. Finding her underwear first, she located her bag where her phone was tucked inside. She quickly slipped her underwear on and grabbed her phone, lit up with texts from Candace.

So proud of you!! Tonight went so well!
I’m going to be passed out when you get home, btw.
Hey, I got up to pee and saw you weren’t here. Is everything ok? You’re alive right??
I can’t sleep. Are you okay??? Did you go home with someone??? We’re your kidnapped?
If you went to hook up with someone, please tell me it’s not Trent.
Sutton!!!!


Sutton sent a quick text that she was in fact alive and safe, that she spent the night with a guy. “Fuck” she mumbled, finding her wrinkled dress and pulling it back over her head. “God, what the fuck did I do?” She whispered, searching for her jacket and shoes, cursing the heels for being so strappy.

“Well good morning to you too,” Harry’s voice startled her, and she turned around with a sheepish smile. “You’re up early.” He said, rubbing at his tired eyes. Sutton was stressed, she wasn’t sure what the exact protocol for this situation should be. She wasn’t the type who hooked up with some she hardly knew often, and she usually managed to sneak out before they woke up. “Where are ya going?” He asked, letting out a yawn.

“Um, home?” She said, hesitantly. A crooked smile came to Harry’s lips.

“No. Come back to bed.” He commanded, outstretching his arm across the large and empty bed. “We can eat breakfast and I can have Steve drive you home. That way you don’t have to get a cab or something. And you can get a little more sleep.” She nodded hesitantly and Harry patted the spot next to him in the bed. She placed her jacket and shoes on a nearby chair, standing frozen at the edge of the bed.

“Do you do this often?” Sutton questioned, and he raised an eyebrow.

“Sleep with the girl that made me cupcakes? No, this is a first time thing.” He joked and she rolled her eyes. “Have to beg a girl to get back into bed? Usually, no. Most girls are not so willing to leave the next day.”

“No, I meant like after you hook up with someone. Do you always get them breakfast and drive them home? This must be the celebrity way, because it’s never usually like this. Isn’t that something Derek Jeter does? He also sends them gift baskets or something that have signed baseballs in them. Should I expect something like that? Because be prepared, it would go on Ebay immediately.” She asked, looking over at him seriously after crawling back into his comfortable bed. Harry let out a laugh.

“If you want my album, all you had to do was ask.” He teased as she sent him a glare. “No, I don’t usually ask girls to stay. I just pretend to be asleep when they are trying to sneak out so I they can think it’s not a big deal.” He said with a shrug, his fingers trailing up her thigh.

Sutton turned to look at him, his head lulled to the side as he smiled up at her, eyes tired. “Do you want be to pretend to be asleep so you can sneak out?” He asked as Sutton eye’s narrowed into a glare before she rolled her eyes, pulling her knee away from his touch.

“What a comedian.” She said, voice dripping in sarcasm. Harry smirked and leaned up to press his lips against her jaw. “I’m not really familiar with the protocol for this. I’ve never slept with a guy like you. Who hired me to make him cupcakes. I don’t think I’ve slept with anyone who’s hired me to bake them something, even. This almost seems like something that could fall under the spectrum of prostitution.” She pondered as he let out a laugh. “You are extremely sweet, therefore, I’m a little skeptical of it all. Too good to be true type deal. I’m not really one for the casual hookups, if you couldn’t tell. My time usually preoccupied with pastries, not the morning after a hook-up type thing. When you came to the bakery last night, I had every intention of turning you down.”

“What made you change your mind?” He asked, his voice quiet and husky, moving so he was on top of her, using his forearms to keep himself up. He connected their lips, feeling Sutton’s hand gently stroking his cheek.

“Must have been all the wine.” She whispered between kisses, feeling his smile against her lips. “Or that fact you are the most charming motherfucker I have ever met.” She joked as he laughed, nuzzling his head in the crook of her neck. “I haven’t done something like this in forever.”

“I am honored to be worthy. But offended you compared me to Derek Jeter.” He teased, hand running up her arm. “Do you really not hook up like this? You must be the long term relationship type then?”

“Not necessarily.” Sutton replied with a shrug. “I’m the stereotypical career-driven/workaholic type. I spend more time in my bakery that I do in my apartment. My free time has been dedicated to more baking and occasionally sleeping. I don’t have time to go out and meet new guys, because that would interfere with something for the bakery, which is like a child to me.” She sighed as he traced his fingertips up and down her arms.

“Did you really not know who I was when I came into your bakery?” He asked, head tilting to the side as she nodded.

“Yup, no idea.” She laughed, turning to lay on her side to look at him. “I had seen pictures of you in your boy band, forever ago. Your picture was everywhere the first couple years I lived in Europe. But I didn’t keep up with that show you were on. I never watched TV when I lived in France. And the only music I listened to was the punk kind of stuff I like. You had curly hair and wore lots of blazers. Very different than the boy who came in looking for an eclair.”

“Would you have slept with me then?” He teased and she let out a loud laugh.

“God, no. I thought you were a weirdo. You kept asking me questions and were taking so long to decide on something. I was so stressed; I couldn’t wait for you to leave so I could start decorating those cupcakes. Your good looks would not have been enough then.” She teased and he chuckled. “But then yesterday, I learn what an uncultured idiot I am and find out that I thought your bodyguard was your sugar daddy. Then, I ended up sleeping with you. What a wild ride.” She laughed, sitting up and stretching her arms.

Harry had grown to really like Sutton and how honest and straight forward she was. He liked the way she was passionate about her business and how obvious the hard work she put into it was to anyone who walked by or tasted one of her deserts. How excited she was when explaining every detail of her bakery to him made him smile, the passion and dedication radiating from every ounce of her. His eyes followed her as she slipped her jacket back on, and gathered her belongings. He slipped out of his bed, following her out and to the direction of the door.

“Thank you for a fun evening, you are a very charming man.” Sutton spoke softly, smile on her lips.

“You sure you don’t want to stay for breakfast?” He asked, leaning against the doorframe clad in only his boxers, a small smirk on his face.

“You don’t share breakfast with your one-night stands.” She said with a knowing smile, hand gripping the door-knob. As much as she enjoyed being around Harry, any longer might result in becoming attached and then having to deal with never seeing him again. Harry was easy to talk to, thoughtful and, extremely attractive. Which all served as a confirmation of the fact that Harry Styles was too good to be true. He was not a real person, not a normal person. He was a celebrity, with who knows how many similar encounters with girls like Sutton. He was a great distraction, but that’s all Sutton would allow him to be. Harry Styles was the type of boy who could ruin your life with one charming smile.

Harry stopped her at the door, pressing his lips to her once more as she smiled into the kiss. “Good luck with your record, it’s going to be spectacular. It was a pleasure meeting you, Harry.” Sutton offered a hand to shake and Harry took it with a crooked smile.

“It’s been a pleasure, Sutton.”

Sutton got back to her apartment thirty minutes later, after taking the subway. The entire subway ride, she was googling facts and information about Harry Styles. As soon as the door shut, Candace popped her head out of her room, rushing to meet her friend before she could get ten feet into the apartment.

“Tell me everything.” She insisted as Sutton dropped her keys onto the counter and threw her purse next to them. She moved to the couch, kicking off her shoes and slumping into the cushions.

“You probably won’t even believe me.” Sutton started, letting out a deep sigh as Candace sat down next to her, taking guesses of who her friends might have slept with. “It was Harry Styles.”

“Shut the fuck up!?” She exclaimed, looking at her in disbelief as Sutton slowly nodded. “Oh my god. That’s wild! How did it happen? How was it? Was he good?”

“Yeah, I’d rank it in the top quartile.” Sutton said with a nod as her friend grinned. Sutton ran her hands through her hair. “I can’t believe I did that, though. It was weird. He came with me to the bakery last night, drank some wine and before I knew what was happening, he had me on top of my own counter! Such a charming motherfucker. I tried to leave early this morning, and he made me stay. Wanted to have breakfast and stuff. I couldn’t do that though, too weird. I’m in a weird state of shock. He didn’t seem too happy when I left, but I’m sure that just means he’ll have to find someone else to hook up with or resort to an old booty call.”

“Sutton, this is one heck of a story to tell your future children. You slept with one of the hottest musicians. And, his accent, god that was sexy.”

“Who did Sutton sleep with?” A shirtless Leo asked, walking out of Candace’s bedroom. Sutton rolled her eyes, unsurprised by his interest in her personal business.

“Aren’t you two fighting? Why are you in my apartment? I thought I clarified you must be clothed when you’re in here, goodness.” Sutton complained, only for her complaints to be ignored.

“Harry fricken Styles. From One Direction. Who she made 500 cupcakes for. I cannot believe you slept with an actual rock star.” Candace giggled with excitement and disbelief as Sutton rolled her eyes once more.

“Wow, good for you Sutton.” Leo congratulated as she shot him a side glare. “Hitting a big shot.”

“Let’s chill, alright?” Sutton asked, fishing her phone out of her jacket pocket and passing it to Candace. “Look, I Googled him, and literally he’s a womanizer. I think everything he did was just some shitty move he probably has used on other girls. While you’re excited, I am feeling potentially degraded. I can’t believe he dated Taylor Swift! She’s probably too good for him anyways.”

“Stop always taking Taylor Swift’s side, Sutton. You are not a part of her inner circle, you have no idea what type of person she actually is. Maybe she’s the heartbreaker. Her last album was supposedly written about Harry. I can’t believe you like her music, she’s not punk at all and she’s a terrible excuse of a feminist.”

“Feminist and Taylor Swift in the same sentence is just laughable. But I just like living in a world where I can believe Taylor Swift and I would be good friends, please don’t crush my dream Candace. I feel we would have similar personalities. She likes to bake; I like to bake. She likes cats, I like cats.”

“Can we get back to Harry?” Candace asked as Sutton shook her head, standing up.

“Nothing to talk about. I slept with him. The sex was great. I will never see him again. The end.” She said, turning around and heading in the direction of her room with the intentions of taking a shower. She stripped out of her clothes and turned the water on high, hoping Candace and Leo hadn’t already wasted all the hot water. As she rinsed the shampoo out of her hair, she thought about Harry and the way he looked when he woke up. “Damn it.” She mumbled, becoming aware of the fact she was still thinking about him. Harry was dangerous. Sutton was not the type that let men come in the way of her work. Harry was the type capable of doing that.

After showering, Sutton got out and got changed into a pair of loose jeans and an old t-shirt, flopping down onto her bed and letting out a groan. She rolled onto her back, closing her eyes for a second as she reflected on her entire day yesterday. From getting up early to make sure everything was running smoothly at the bakery, to ending up in Harry Styles’ hotel room. It was something that she could not wrap her head around. She picked up her phone, opening up her browser window to see the pictures of Harry still in her search results.
♠ ♠ ♠
thank you to all you beautiful human beings for reading this i love & cherish each and every one of you