The Moment I Knew

Flowers and Messages

Alesha bit on her lip as she looked at the clock on the wall, Cristiano was late he had warned her he may be a little late for their first scan appointment, so she wasn't too upset but she hoped that he would arrive soon, she didn't want to him to miss anything. Things had been going well since she arrived back in Madrid a few weeks ago, while she knew they still had a lot of work to do to fix their relationship, she was more than a little hopeful that things would work out. Cristiano had been constantly by her side when he wasn't at training, he just wanted to prove to Alesha she had made the right decision giving him another chance.

" Miss Lane"

Alesha looked up at her name being called out, she slowly got to her feet and looked down the hall but there was still no sign of Cristiano, she sighed a little as she made her way over to the nurse who was waiting for her by the door to room one.

" Hi" Alesha smiled warmly as the nurse stepped aside to let her into the room.

The nurse smiled at Alesha " Is the father joining us today?" she asked.

Alesha shrugged her shoulders a little " He said he would, I think he is running a little late" she said quietly.

" Ah, that is okay shall we get started without him then?" the nurse asked.

Alesha nodded her head as she made her way over to the bed, she was slightly nervous about today, she hoped everything would be okay with the baby,

" Is this your first scan?" the nurse asked, as she helped Alesha onto the bed.

Alesha laid back on the bed " Yes" she replied.

The nurse smiled gently as she pushed Alesha's shirt up " You don't have to look so nervous, scans are usually nothing to worry about" the nurse said.

Alesha smiled politely back at the nurse silently hoping Cristiano would arrive soon, she didn't want him to miss out on anything. She flinched a little as the nurse poured some cold gel onto her stomach.

" Shall we check on baby?" the nurse asked.

Alesha nodded her head and laid her head back on the pillow to look at the screen, she couldn't wait to see their baby, hearing the door open, Alesha turned her head and smiled when she saw it was Cristiano, he looked a little harassed.

" I am so sorry I am late" Cristiano apologized " Did I miss anything?" he asked, as he walked towards Alesha.

Alesha shook her head " You are just in time" she said, reaching for his hand and pulled him closer to the bed.

The nurse smiled as the baby image came on screen she checked for measurements and for any things that shouldn't be there but it all appeared normal.

" Everything looks good, baby is a good size" The nurse smiled.

Cristiano stared at the image of his unborn child and he didn't know how to feel, he never got to do this with Junior it just felt very surreal to him right now.

" How far along am I?" Alesha asked.

The nurse looked back at the screen " You are almost fourteen weeks" she replied with a smile. " Now that everything looks good with the baby, I just want to check their heartbeat" she added.

Alesha smiled a little as she looked at Cristiano " Are you okay?" she asked, knowing he still had doubts about becoming a father again, those fears were not just going to go away over night.

Cristiano smiled as he leaned down to press a kiss to Alesha's head " I am good, you don't have to worry" he replied.

The sound of their baby's heartbeat rang around room it made Alesha smile she was so happy everything seemed to be be okay.

" You have a strong baby growing inside of you, everything is progressing nicely" the nurse smiled, as she printed off a couple of scan pictures and gave them to Cristiano.

Alesha wiped the gel of her stomach with some tissue and slowly sat up " Are we done?" she asked.

" Nearly, I just want to check your blood pressure and do some routine blood tests" the nurse smiled.

Alesha watched as the nurse took her blood pressure and then took some blood, she had to look at Cristiano while the needle went in, she hated needles. " Thank you for being here" she said to him.

" Where else would I be?" he replied with a smile.

Alesha looked back at the nurse who was writing something down in her notes " Everything looks good, I won't have to see you for another six weeks, if you have any problems you can always give us a call" the nurse smiled.

" Thank you" Cristiano said, as he helped Alesha down from the bed.

Alesha thanked the nurse too and then followed Cristiano out of the room, she noticed he had the scan pictures held tightly in his hand. " We should go for some lunch" she suggested.

" Yeah I would like that" Cristiano replied, as he held his hand out for Alesha, which she happily took and allowed him to lead her out of the hospital.

***
Alesha leaned back in her chair as she looked over at Cristiano, he had been on his phone for most of lunch, the couple of hours they had been in the restaurant had been pleasant, but she noticed he had been a little distracted and wondered if Isobel had been bothering him again.

" Are you going be on your phone all day?" she asked, with a teasing smile.

Cristiano looked up and smiled a little " Its just Marcelo he has been sending me stupid videos he thinks is funny" he laughed. " You have my full attention now" he added, putting his phone back on the table.

" Wow I have Cristiano Ronaldo's full attention, I am so honored" Alesha joked, pretending to be a crazy fan girl.

Cristiano laughed loudly " You are such a dork" he replied.

Alesha had missed Cristiano laughing, she hadn't heard him laugh properly in weeks it was good that things were slowly starting to get back to normal between them " Now that things are improving I think we should talk" she said, a slight smile on her face, she just wanted to wind him up.

Cristiano frowned at Alesha not liking how this sounded " What do you want to talk about?" he asked warily.

She just wanted to mess with him to see how he would react " Now we are having a baby together, I think we should get married" she said, trying not to smile.

Cristiano choked on his water that he had just been sipping , he stared at Alesha like she had just grown horns " You can 't be serious" he said, stammering a little.

Alesha was enjoying watching Cristiano squirm a little, it was hilarious " I always wanted to get married" she said, continuing with her wind up. " I always wanted a big white wedding" she added, struggling not to laugh at the look of panic on Cristiano's face.

" Don't you think that would be rushing things" Cristiano said, panicking a little.

Alesha couldn't contain herself any longer, she burst out laughing loudly, she saw the confused look on Cristiano's face " I was just winding you up, I just wanted to see how you would react" she smiled.

A relieved look Crossed Cristiano's face he had nearly believed her for a second " That is not cool winding me up like that" he smirked.

" I thought it was funny" Alesha smiled.

Cristiano laughed shaking his head " I will get my revenge" he warned.

" Bring it on" Alesha replied, winking at him, enjoying the banter with Cristiano, it had been a while since they had a little fun together. She would love it if it stayed this way for a while, she had enough of all the drama lately.

***

Alesha laughed as she followed Cristiano into the house, after lunch they had gone to get some ice cream and had spent some time at the beach it had been a lovely day , she had enjoyed spending time with just Cristiano.

Taking her coat off, Alesha hung it up and was just about to head upstairs when Dolores came towards her with a bunch of flowers " These came for you today while you were out" she said, handing Alesha the flowers.

" Are you sure they are for me?" Alesha asked surprised, she looked at Cristiano thinking they were from him, but he just shook his head.

Dolores handed Alesha the card " It has your name on it" she replied.

A frown crossed Cristiano's face " Who is sending you flowers?" he asked curiously.

" I don't know many people in Madrid, so I don't know" Alesha replied, as she handed Cristiano the flowers so she could read the card.

Alesha pulled the card out of the envelope she was a little curious, she noticed Cristiano moved a little closer to her, so he could read the card.

Until we meet, I Cant wait for our date x

Alesha shook her head and looked at Cristiano who had clearly read the card " What is this?" he asked, jealously clear in his eyes.

" I have no idea what this, I have not agreed to meet anyone" Alesha muttered.

Cristiano stared at Alesha " You must have agreed, why would they send you flowers" he hissed loudly.

" I wouldn't do that to you" Alesha replied " Come on do you really think I would?" she asked.

Cristiano shrugged his shoulders " I haven't exactly been the best boyfriend to you lately" he pointed out.

" I still wouldn't cheat on you" Alesha sighed " God you have given more more than a millions reasons to, but I still wouldn't do it" she added, hoping he would believe her.

Cristiano stared doubtfully at Alesha " You must know who sent you those flowers" he muttered.

" I really don't look at my face, you can always tell when I am lying" Alesha replied.

Cristiano looked for any sign of dishonesty from Alesha but he found none " I believe you, but this is just weird" he said, heading to the kitchen with the flowers.

" What are you doing Cristiano?" Alesha asked, as she followed Cristiano.

Cristiano dumped the flowers into the bin " Putting these where they belong , unless you want them" he said, looking at Alesha.

Alesha shook her head " No dump them, I don't want them" she said quietly, a little unnerved that someone she didn't know sent her flowers.

That answer seemed to calm Cristiano down a little although his eyes were still a little troubled " You would tell me if you didn't want to be with me right?" he said.

" This is ridiculous I have not met anyone else, I don't know who sent me those flowers, but I am not interested" Alesha muttered " The only person I am interested in is standing in front of me doubting me" she added.

Cristiano sighed as he pulled Alesha into his arms " I am sorry I was just a little taken by surprise that someone sent you flowers" he muttered, pressing a kiss to her head.

" I was just as surprised" Alesha replied as she wrapped her arms around Cristiano's neck, wanting to go back to before Dolores had handed her the flowers where they had been laughing and joking, she didn't want to fight about some pointless flowers she hadn't even asked for.

Cristiano leaned down to kiss Alesha, still a little bothered by the flowers but he wasn't going to keep making a huge fuss about them, he saw that Alesha didn't even want them and that was enough for him.

" Put her down Cristiano" Ricky grinned as he stepped into the room, he was glad to see that Cristiano and Alesha were getting on better lately, he just hoped it stayed that way for a while.

Alesha laughed a little as she pulled away from Cristiano " I am going upstairs to rest for a while, I will leave you with your boyfriend" she joked. giving Cristiano one more kiss before she made her way upstairs to the guest bedroom.

***

Alesha heard the knock at her door, she slowly opened her eyes and groaned, she looked at the time, it had just gone midnight, she turned on her side and was about to go back to sleep when the knock came again, and it was getting louder, climbing out of bed she slowly made her way to the door and pulled it open.

" I can't sleep" Cristiano complained as he stepped into the room.

Alesha rolled her eyes playfully as she closed the door " So Naturally you came to wake me up and annoy me" she said with smile.

" I came to see if I can sleep in here" Cristiano smirked as he moved towards the bed.

Alesha shook her head " I think you should go back to your room" she replied.

Cristiano ignored her and climbed into the bed " I can't sleep without you" he said.

" I am touched but I think you should back to your own bed" she replied.

Cristiano shook his head " No, I am staying here" he smiled.

Alesha sighed a little as she made her way back to the bed I thought we were supposed to be taking this slow" she reminded him.

" Alesha get into bed, we are just going to sleep, I promise that is all we will do" Cristiano smiled, as he closed his eyes.

Pulling the duvet back, Alesha climbed into bed next to Cristiano " Just to sleep nothing else" she warned him.

" Just sleep" Cristiano agreed as he wrapped his arm around Alesha and pulled her closer to his body.

Alesha closed her eyes and just as she was about to drift off to sleep, her phone vibrated loudly on the bedside table, she reached for her phone, ignoring Cristiano's sighs. She swiped at her screen and frowned when she read the message that she had just been sent.

Do you know what your lovely boyfriend got up to while you were in London?

Alesha shook her head, she already knew what he had got up to while she had been away, she had read all about it in the papers, she quickly sent a reply.

Who is this? she texted back.

A few seconds later she got a reply.

I don't really matter but you will find out soon, I promise you.

" Alesha what are you doing?" Cristiano groaned, the light from her phone keeping him awake.

Alesha looked up from her phone " Sorry" she mumbled, about to put her phone back on the bedside table when it vibrated in her hand, shaking her head, she opened her message, only this time it wasn't a message it was picture of Cristiano coming out of soon strip bar with some girl.

There is more to come, How well do you really know that boyfriend of yours? was the message written under the picture.

Alesha decided not to reply, she would ask Cristiano about it in the morning, it was probably one of his crazy fans but how the hell would they get her number, she frowned a little as she settled down beside Cristiano, first the flowers and now the text messages, clearly the person wanted to drive a wedge between herself and Cristiano, well she wasn't about to give them what they wanted, she would change her number if she had too.