The Moment I Knew

Give Her Time

Alesha ignored her phone as it vibrated in her pocket, she knew who it would be, the same sad person that was trying to drive a wedge between herself and Cristiano. She was getting more and more pictures from that person, pictures of Cristiano with random girls and she would be lying if she said it didn't bother her, she hated that these pictures were being used against her and was trying so hard not to take it out on Cristiano, if he found out she had been getting these messages and pictures for weeks and hadn't told him, he would be furious. He already suspected something was going on, but Alesha just kept telling it him it was nothing and quickly changed the conversation.

Alesha forced a smile on her face when she spotted Cristiano walking towards her " Congrats on the game and your goals of course" she said, as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

Cristiano smiled as he leaned down to give Alesha a quick kiss " The goals were for you by the way" he smirked, pulling back slightly to look at Alesha.

" Aw ain't you sweet are you ready to get out of here?" Alesha asked, she just wanted to go home cuddle up and watch a film together.

Cristiano grimaced a little, he had already told Sergio and Pilar they would be at theirs tonight " Sergio has invited us over to theirs tonight" he replied.

" You could always say no" Alesha said hopefully, she was not really in the mood for hanging out with the team, his teammates were nice but she was just a little tired and the messages were taking a lot more out of her.

Cristiano put on his best pouting face " I said we would go for a little while" he said quietly.

" Ugh Cristiano, I am tired and just want to go home" Alesha sighed, resting her hand on her little bump.

Cristiano pressed a quick kiss to Alesha's head " Please just for a little while, we barely do anything together anymore" he pleaded.

Alesha glanced up at Cristiano, she could see he really wanted to go " Okay fine but only a couple of hours agreed?" she asked.

" Agreed" Cristiano smiled, as he linked their hands together and led Alesha out the stadium and to his car, he was relieved that Alesha had agreed to come with him, he had been a little worried about her, she rarely wanted to go out these days and he had a feeling there was something else bothering her.

***

Alesha quietly followed Cristiano into the house, she nervously looked around the room and saw that most of the team were already here, she reached for Cristiano's hand and linked it with hers.

" Glad to see you made it" Sergio grinned at them, with Pilar by his side.

Alesha smiled at Sergio " Cristiano was so desperate to come" she replied.

Cristiano laughed a little as he pulled Alesha closer to his body, he could see she was still not happy that they had come here tonight but hoped she would quickly warm up to everyone.

" Everyone is out the back" Pilar smiled at them.

Cristiano nodded his head and pulled Alesha along with him, as they made their way out towards the garden, Alesha forced a polite smile on her face as they were stopped a few times so people could talk to Cristiano. Once out in the garden, Cristiano was immediately pulled to the side by Karim and Luka, he dropped Alesha's hand and followed Karim and Luka to the left side of the garden, leaving Alesha standing on her own, looking around at everyone. She made her way over to the table, to get a soft drink, she was about to take a sip when her phone vibrated again.

Alesha pulled out the nearest chair and sat down, sighing she pulled out her phone, angrily swiping the screen she stared down at the screen, there was more images of Cristiano kissing different women, she knew this person who was sending the messages just wanted to get a reaction out of her, and she wasn't about to give them one. Shaking her head she was about to lock her phone when another message popped up.

You can keep ignoring the pictures but it doesn't change facts, Cristiano will never change, once a cheater and all that.

Why would you stay with someone like that?

By the way you look so lonely on your own tonight, pretty but lonely.

Alesha froze as she read the last message, she glanced around the garden, the person who had been sending her these messages were here tonight, or they wanted to make her think they were here, she shook her head and put her phone away not letting them get into her head that is what they wanted.

" Hey Alesha"

Alesha looked up and smiled at Pilar " Hey " she smiled back.

Pilar sat down next to Alesha " How are you?" she asked, she had from Sergio that Alesha and Cristiano had been going through a rough time recently.

" I am tired but good" Alesha lied, as he glanced over at Cristano he was sharing a joke with Luka.

Pilar saw through Alesha's lie " You know its okay not to be okay, especially after everything you have been through lately" she said.

Alesha frowned a little " You know everything?" she asked.

Pilar chuckled lightly " Nothing stays a secret with this team" she answered.

" That doesn't surprise me" Alesha sighed, as she took a sip of her drink.

Pilar just smiled " You know Cristiano is crazy about you right?" she asked, knowing it wasn't her place to say anything.

Alesha nodded her head " Yeah" she replied.

" When you were in London, yes he acted like an idiot but he was over here quite a few times upset over you" Pilar smiled.

Alesha was surprised to hear that, she just assumed he had been too busy sleeping around " We are trying to work it all out, slowly but surely" she smiled a little.

" That is good to hear, I am sure you guys will just be fine" Pilar smiled, as Cristiano and Sergio walked towards them.

Cristiano sat down next to Alesha " What were you talking about?" he asked, with a smile.

" About you" Alesha smiled shyly, as Cristiano placed his arm across Alesha's chair.

Cristiano smirked at Alesha " All good things I hope" he joked.

" Maybe" Alesha grinned, as her phone vibrated in her pocket again, Cristiano stared pointedly at Alesha, but she just leaned over to kiss him hoping it would distract him and it worked, she knew she had to tell him eventually but this was an important time for the team she didn't want Cristiano to lose focus when they were so close to winning trophies.

***

Alesha leaned her head against Cristiano's shoulder, he was talking about Madrid's remaining games with Gareth and Lucas, she closed her eyes hoping they could leave soon, she was getting even more tired.

" As long as we win our remaining games Barca don't stand a chance" Cristiano said smugly.

Alesha opened her eyes and smirked up at him " You are awfully confident, Barca could easily still win" she reminded him.

Cristiano scoffed at Alesha " We won't bottle again" he replied.

Alesha laughed a little as she moved away from Cristiano " We shall see" she grinned at him.

Cristiano smirked at Alesha " Fancy making a bet?" he asked.

Alesha shook her head " No because I will probably lose" she smiled.

Cristiano leaned into Alesha " Chicken" he teased.

Sergio laughed loudly " Ronnie is mocking you Alesha" he joked.

Slowly standing up Alesha shrugged her shoulders " We shall see who has the last laugh at the end of the season" she teased, leaning down to give Cristiano a quick kiss, then excused herself to go to the bathroom.

Cristiano watched as Alesha walked back into the house, he was glad that she seemed to have come out of her shell a bit more and was more like the old Alesha.

" She is a keeper, try not to screw up again" Sergio grinned.

Cristiano smiled, shaking his head " I am not going to screw up again, this is it for me" he admitted.

" Aw Ronaldo is all growing up finally" Isco teased, earning a few chuckles from the team.

Cristiano laughed along with the team " I am just glad she came tonight, she has been a little off for weeks and won't tell me what is wrong" he muttered.

" Women are like that Cristiano, just give her some time she will open up when she is ready" Sergio advised.

Isco looked between Cristiano and Sergio " Sergio giving advice the world is definitely screwed up" he joked.

Sergio laughed while playfully shoved Isco off his chair, Cristiano rolled his eyes at the pair as he kept an eye out for Alesha, he was going take Sergio's advise and hopefully he was right and that Alesha would start to open up to him again.

***

Alesha covered her mouth as she yawned, she made her way towards the stairs, she was glad that Cristiano had made her come with him tonight, she had a good time tonight, it had been a welcome distraction from all the messages that she had been getting lately.

Hearing something behind her, Alesha stopped and looked back but nobody was there " Hello" she called out, silence greeted her, she shook her head she must have been imagining things, she started for the stairs when she heard another creek behind her, she looked back again but no one was there, maybe it was just a creaky house.

Slowly walking down the stairs, she got half way down when she felt someone behind her, she didn't even get to turn around to check as someone pushed her on the back roughly and she went stumbling down the rest of the stairs head first, she groaned as she laid at the bottom of the stairs, her hands immediately going to her stomach, she tried to open her eyes but couldn't as she slowly began to lose consciousness, muttering Cristiano's name before she blacked out.