The Moment I Knew

Lunch Date

Alesha stared at herself in the mirror, she had been in Madrid a few days, Cristiano and his team gave her a couple of days to settle in, she looked around the room they had booked for her and must admit it was rather nice, they had told her they would be willing to pay for her room, but she refused their offer, she was more than capable of paying for herself.

" You look Pretty" Hannah said, as she looked up from her phone, she had offered to Join Alesha for a few weeks to help her get settled into Madrid, something that Alesha was happy about.

Alesha pushed her hair from her face, she was not sure whether to leave it up or down " You don't think its too much for a lunch date?" she asked a little unsure.

" No, this is Ronaldo we are talking about, you will always have to look your best" Hannah answered.

Alesha rolled her eyes " You do know this is all just a showmance nothing is real right?" she laughed, as she reached for a bobble and tied her hair up into a ponytail.

" I still can't believe you ever agreed to this" Hannah smirked.

Alesha laughed a little as she sprayed some perfume onto her wrists " I still can't believe it either, maybe if we leave and head straight to the airport we could forget this ever happened" she joked lightly.

" Too late for that you signed the contract, I am sure Ronaldo won't be that bad, whenever I met him he was always polite to me" Hannah smiled.

Alesha glanced at her watch, she would have to leave soon, she wished she could take Hannah with her, but Cristiano had said no, he wanted to get to know her on he own.

" I better go" Alesha said, as she picked up her phone and placed it into he bag, she glanced around to make sure he hadn't forgotten anything.

Hannah smiled at Alesha " Good luck" she said.

Alesha smiled back at Hannah, before she left the room, she was suddenly feeling really nervous and she didn't know why, she didn't get nervous. Ignoring the feeling she made her way down to the waiting taxi and told him where she wanted to go. She just hoped that today would go okay, she would hate to be stuck with a person she hated for the next year.

***
Alesha bit on her lip as she made her way into the restaurant, that nervous feeling was back and she couldn't shake it off, she glanced around for Cristiano but could not see him, she glanced at her watch and saw she was a little early, she walked over to the waitress,then stopped what was she supposed to say, she didn't really know what name the table is booked up under and even if she said Ronaldo's name, the waitress would think she was another fan girl, so she decided to wait by the bar, that way she could see him when he walked in and could order herself a drink while she waited for Cristiano.

It was around another forty five minutes before Cristiano showed up and he was late, which didn't impress Alesha, she gave Cristiano the once over, he was in his usual blue jeans, white trainers and a tight white shirt, and he was wearing stylish glasses to finish the look. Picking up her drink and bag, she made her way towards Cristiano, placing her most confident smile on her face.

Cristiano smiled slowly as he finally spotted Alesha walking towards him, she looked so much better in the flash, he waited until she came to him. She stopped a few yards from him, he noticed the smile on her face, but saw the nervous look in her eyes.

" You don't have to look so nervous" he chuckled lightly, as the waitress showed them to their table.

Alesha sipped on her drink " I am not nervous" she lied, as she sat down in her chair.

Cristiano sat down in a chair opposite her, he just smirked at Alesha and it was a little unnerving she could see why girls go mad over him. She frowned a little at the thought then looked away from him.

" You are very Pretty" Cristiano smiled.

Alesha looked back at Cristiano, she could see he was laying on his charm pretty thick but she was not about to fall for it. " So are you" she grinned.

Cristiano ordered himself some lunch, the waitress turned to Alesha, she quickly ordered herself and salad and another glass of wine, she was going need it to survive this lunch with Cristiano.

" I just love your eyes" Cristiano said.

Alesha laughed a little " Does this work on every girl you meet?" she asked.

" Does what work?" Cristiano asked, as he sipped on his water

Alesha just smiled at Cristiano " The flattery because it won't work on me" she warned him.

Cristiano smirked he liked a challenge and he could see Alesha was going to make it hard for him, he was going to look forward to the chase.

" We shall see" Cristiano winked at her.

Alesha bit on her lip to hid the smile that was threatening to cross her face " So tell me a little about yourself Ronaldo" she said.

" You haven't googled me?" Cristiano asked arrogantly.

Alesha laughed again " Well Maybe a little but you know the internet is not exactly the most trustful" she replied.

" What do you want to know?" he asked, leaning back in his chair, with a lazy smirk on his face.

Alesha took a gulp of her wine, she had only been in Cristiano's presence for half an hour and that smirk was making her heart flutter a little, it probably made most girls hearts flutter.

" What do you like to do?" she asked, stuttering a little, she had never expected that this lunch date would put her a little on edge.

Cristiano smiled at the stutter, he would have this girl eating out the palm of his hands in a couple of weeks " I like listening to music, playing football, spending time with family" he replied.

" I like Football" Alesha smiled.

Surprise flickered in Cristiano's eyes " Really who do you support?" he asked.

" My team is Arsenal, I just loved them" Alesha smiled.

Cristiano shook his head " Arsenal that is amusing, don't you get tired of finishing 4th" he asked.

A evil smile crossed Alesha's face " Don't you get tired of finishing second to the best footballer of all time" she retorted.

Cristiano glared at Alesha, she thought maybe she had taken it a little too far but Cristiano totally surprised her and started laughing.

" I like you, you are different" Cristiano said, once he had finished laughing.

Alesha blushed a little, she hated getting compliments had done ever since she was a child, a awkward silence fell over the table, so Alesha was glad when the waitress came over with their lunch.

" So Why don't you tell me a little about yourself" Cristiano said, once the waitress had left them alone again.

Alesha picked her salad as she thought about what to tell him " Not much to tell, I grew up in London, support Arsenal and now work as a model" she shrugged a little.

" Any ex boyfriends?" I should know about?" Cristiano asked.

Alesha shook her head, she had not had a boyfriend in a couple of years and she liked it that way " Nope, what about you?" she asked.

" I dated someone for a while but that ended badly so here I am" Cristiano laughed a little.

Alesha stared at Cristiano, wondering why he needed to hire a fake girlfriend, he could have anyone he wanted " Why did you agree to this arrangement" she asked.

" I also need to clean my image up, my agent thought this would be great for me" Cristano replied.

Alesha couldn't quite work Cristiano out, he was quite guarded when it came to his private life, but just talking to him right now he seemed nice enough.

" So how is this going to work?" she asked.

Cristiano shrugged his shoulder he had never done this before so he was pretty clueless too " I guess we will figure it out together as we go along" he smiled.

Alesha smiled a little as she stared down at her plate, she was about to ask him something else when she was cut off by a blonde girl walking towards their table calling Cristiano's name, she looked at Cristiano and could tell by the look on his face that this girl once meant something to him.

***
Cristiano forced a smile on his face as Isobel walked towards him, after they agreed to end things between them, he had been avoiding all her calls, he knew she had taken to showing up to training but he always made sure he wasn't around when Isobel turned up.

" Cristiano" Isobel smiled, completely ignoring Alesha, she figured she was just another girl that Cristiano was screwing.

Alesha sat back in her seat, a small smile playing on her lips she was enjoying how uncomfortable Cristiano looked right now.

" I am having Lunch, can we talk later Isobel" Cristiano muttered.

Isobel shook her head a she sat down in the chair next to him " I need to talk to you" she replied.

" What is left to say, I thought I made myself clear last week" Cristiano mumbled.

Isobel glanced at Alesha, before she looked back at Cristiano " Well I didn't I love you Cristiano, and I know you felt something for me too" Isobel smiled, reaching for Cristiano's hand but he pulled it back rather quickly.

" Isobel I have moved on, I suggest you do the same" Cristiano replied.

Isobel glared at Alesha " To her, please you will push her aside when you get what you want" she snapped at Cristiano.

" Not true, Isobel, this is my girlfriend" Cristiano lied.

Alesha stared at Cristiano she must admit he was a good liar, she almost felt sorry for Isobel and to save the girl further embarrassment as everyone was starting to stare she decided to step in.

" I think you should go now" Alesha said directly to Isobel.

Isobel eyes began to water and it and it made Alesha want to hug her, " I loved you and you gave me nothing" Isobel spat at Cristiano before she fled the table.

Once Isobel had left them alone, Alesha turned on Cristiano " You really don't know how to treat girls right do you?" she muttered.

" She knew the score before we hooked up, I told her I would not love her, so you can get that look of your face" Cristiano snapped at Alesha.

Alesha shook her head as she finished her wine " What look?" she asked.

" The disgust look that is sat on your face right now" Cristiano answered, Isobel showing up had put him in a foul mood.

Alesha waved the waitress over she could tell the date was over, Isobel turning had put Cristiano in a bad mood and she had feeling there was more truth to what Isobel had said, that Cristiano had felt something for her.

" What happened in your personal life has nothing to do with me" Alesha said quietly, as she paid her half of the bill.

Cristiano placed a couple of notes next down to Alesha " Look I am sorry, I just never expected Isobel to turn up" he replied.

" Its okay really" Alesha mumbled, just wanting to get back to her hotel room.

Cristiano stared awkwardly at Alesha, before he reached out and linked their hands, they may as well go public with their showmance right now.

" What are you doing?" Alesha asked, as Cristiano led her towards the door.

Cristiano pulled the door open " Going Public" Cristiano replied, as they stepped out of the restaurant, Alesha gripped onto Cristiano's hand avoiding the waiting paps, this would be splashed all over tomorrow's papers, things were about to get even more crazier.

***
" Thanks for bringing me back to the hotel" Alesha smiled a little, as she opened the car door.

Cristiano pulled Alesha back a little, he knew what the press was like and when they found out where Alesha was staying then it would be chaos, they may not be real but he wanted to make sure she was well protected.

" I think you should come and stay with me" he said.

Alesha glanced at Cristiano wondering if he was being serious " Cristiano your family does not know about me?" she reminded him.

" They will after today, Plus it will get my mother off my back if she saw I had a serious girlfriend" he smiled.

Alesha stared doubtfully at Cristiano " We have only met today, maybe we should leave it a few weeks then talk about it" she suggested.

Cristiano nodded his head it made sense he just didn't want to Alesha to get mobbed because of him, " Well I will see you at my game this weekend?" he asked.

" You want me at your game?" she asked.

Cristiano just shrugged his shoulders " You kinda have to be there to play the part" he smiled a little.

" Then I will be there" Alesha replied, as she climbed out of Cristiano's car.

Cristiano smiled at Alesha as she closed the door, she waved at him as he pulled away and made her way back up to her room, not sure how she felt today, it was all just too weird and confusing maybe when they got to know each other it would get better, she just hoped no more heartbroken girls would turn up, because that was slightly uncomfortable and she could do without them.