Oh, Glory

We Never Planned On This Disaster

"Oh my God! Zac, Josh, we've got to think of a name!"

I paced the garage and thought up everything I could possibly imagine.

"Uh...Blue Rice Noodles?" Zac suggested, eating his Cup Noodle.

I looked at him in exasperation. "Zac?"

"Sorry!" He gestured to his noodles. "Plus it goes well with the Ramen theme."

Josh sat silently in a corner on the bucket I was sitting on not too long ago. "Josh?" I prodded him.

"I don't know yet...it's got to be something good, that nobody knew where it came from. But it's got to just stick with people, so that they remember..." I nodded in agreement but I don't think he noticed.

Mrs. Farro came down the steps to the garage. "Zac, Hayley, Josh? Do you want anything to eat? Wait - Zac, never mind."

"Salmon and tuna sashimi?" I said, following her into the kitchen with Josh. Zac came just to throw his styrofoam cup away. We sat on stools around the nook in the counter.

By the time I was done washing my hands and showering just for the sake of showering (and trying to let the running water help me think), Mrs. Farro was done. As I was eating, I thought some more. Josh had some leftover BBQ from the fridge.

"Hayley? Josh? You guys seem pretty quiet today. What's on your minds?" Mrs. Farro asked.

"We're trying to think of a name for the band," I explained since Josh wasn't offering an answer.

"Oh! Well, I'll ask around with some of my friends and see what I can do to help," she said. Zac looked at her in horror.

"We don't want names from the fifties or whatever!" he cried out.

Mrs. Farro just shook her head sternly at him and left the room.

?

At dinner (which was fettucine alfredo - CHEESE!), Mrs. Farro was just about to say something when Josh spoke up.

"How about paramour?" he said. I frowned.

"Excuse you, Josh," I said, thinking that he might have accidently swallowed something whole while trying to get the word out.

"It's French, Hayles," said Josh, finally cracking a smile for the first time in what felt like forever while Zac was laughing his head off.

"Whatever. Why that?"

Before Josh could answer, though, Mrs. Farro spoke up. "That's what I was going to say! My friend's maiden name was that and she suggested it for us. It means 'secret lover.'"

That silenced all of us up pretty fast as we stared at Josh.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for not updating in a while.
Working on my site - http://amanda.jetspray.org/
Check it out & comment!

~ Comments for the story as well?