Oh, Glory

You Always Thought That I Was Stronger

The next morning I didn't feel like getting up. I knew my door was closed and I could hear Josh and Zac faintly from beyond it.

I buried myself deeper under the covers and pressed my face down into the pillow. Everything had gone so wrong, even though we now had a half-name for the band. But a band without a bass player. Ugh.

So I hauled myself out of bed and banged the door open. Lucky for me, the Farro parents had already left for work and I really didn't have to explain to them why there was a dent in their wall in my bedroom. Not yet.

"Josh? Zac?" I yelled down the hall. They appeared at the very end and I could hear the TV in the distance.

"Yup?" Zac said, walking forward to me. It looked as if he wanted to comfort me but wasn't sure what to do with his hands.

"I'm going over to Jason's. Next door," I said, keeping my voice as calm as possible.

Josh stiffened ever so slightly. "We'll come with you." Josh turned to him in a we will? gesture but then raised his eyebrows and agreed silently.

I changed into a dark blue cami layered over a white tank top and black boy shorts. Then I put on socks and my Converse and followed the Farro brothers next door.

Josh rang the doorbell and waited impatiently. Jason opened the door. His hair was a huge mess and it was so messy it was hard to tell anything apart. He was squinting at us, then said, "Huh?"

"Hayles wanted to see you," said Josh flatly. "We just came. As props."

Jason grinned and led us inside. There was a living room directly behind the front door and we sat down on the couches. Everyone looked expectantly at me.

"What? Oh," I said, feeling utterly stupid. "Well, uh, Jason, I was wondering if you played an instrument close to bass guitar."

"Rhythym," said Jason, nodding his head. "I play rhythym. Why? You need me?"

Josh looked as if he had his whole body going towards no, but then admitted grudgingly, "Yes." I glared at him and vowed to ask him later what his problem was.

"Awesome. Uh, but I think I should just come to practice one time, you know."

"Yea - you should come over today. Noon," I told him quickly before Josh could say anything. Zac was looking amused and on the edge of laughter. I decided that I should get them out of here before we had a full-scale riot going. Something clicked in my head but I ignored it. "Come on, guys."

They obeyed and Jason shut the door behind us. As soon as we were on the Farro front lawn, I turned on them. "Okay, what the hell has gotten into you boys?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took wayyy too long.
D=

COMMENTS?!