Oh, Glory

How Close Is Close Enough?

I picked up a bottle of water on my way to the garage. Josh had grudgingly called Jason to remind him of practice and then hung up as quick as possible.

I dragged the bucket over to the front of the drum set and Josh's position as guitarist and sat there, waiting. I heard footsteps on the other side of the garage, and then the sound of the bell. A few minutes later Zac came in with Jason, who smiled and nodded at everyone.

Zac grinned enthusiastically as he picked up his drumsticks. Josh slung the guitar strap over his head and I raised an eyebrow.

"Mind if I try that?" I asked him, looking pointedly at his guitar. Looking surprised, he shrugged and gave me the electric.

I tried D major. I didn't know much about guitar, but I kind of knew the beginning of 'Hey There Delilah' and that was about it. My fretting hand - index finger fourth string, second fret; ring finger third string, third fret; middle finger second string, second fret. My right hand - I thumbed the fourth string and used my index finger to get both the second and third strings.

Dum-dum, dum-dum, dum-dum, dum-dum. I stopped and removed my fretting fingers. The tips had indents of the strings and as I tried to switch to some random chord - A major - I yelped "Ouch!" and pulled back my fingers. They hurt.

"It takes some getting used to," chimed in Jason from his place on the other side of Zac's drum set. Josh nodded in agreement and reached out for his guitar back.

I cleared my throat and snapped open the bottled water. We decided to start with 'Conspiracy.'

?

I chugged the water violently as everyone was cleaning up. Zac left the garage quickly for some food, I think, and that left me, Jason, and Josh alone.

"I guess - I guess I'll wait up here," Josh said quietly, and left his guitar against the wall before heading upstairs after his brother. Well. That left me alone with Jason.

My heart pattered on noisily, picking up the pace. I kept my eyes deliberately averted to the grey paint on the walls.

I didn't know Jason came closer. I didn't hear him at all. But suddenly, he was next to me and pulling on my arm, forcing me up. Then, he kissed me.

At first, I didn't know what to do. His lips were against mine and that was basically all I could feel. Then, I kissed him back. His lips were soft, his fingers of his right hand tracing invisible lines on my face. His left hand slid down to my waist and sat there.

I quickly pulled away and breathed. He was standing there, silent, but with a smile in his eyes. He knew that I knew that I couldn't deny I liked it. I bit my lip and tried not to break the silence with the snappy response I always gave the Farro brothers.

"I'll leave now," he said softly, and turned around, picking up his guitar before heading out. I was alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha. The guitar reference is about how I'm currently teaching myself.
And yes, it really does hurt your fingers properly.
x.x

I NEED COMMENTS?! FEED ME!
Loveeelyyyy.