Status: New and Active!

Cigarette Burns

x 2 x

Shay pulled into Corey's driveway slowly, checking and double checking the number on the house just to make sure she was in the right place. Finally deciding she was, she climbed out of her car and sighed heavily before walking up the sidewalk and ringing the doorbell. She listened inside the house and could definitely hear someone moving around, but the door remained closed in front of her, so she rang the bell again.

"Fucking come in!" Corey screamed from within the house somewhere, and sighing again, she did so.

"Corey, it's Shay!" she yelled at him wherever he was. It was silent for a minute and then his face appeared at the top of the stairs.

"Come up here, would you?" he asked her, and she dropped her purse by the door and did as he asked. She followed him into a room which had obviously once been an office of sorts at some point. Currently, though, it was full of debris and a glance at Corey told her he held a baseball bat that she hadn't seen before. Without warning, he took the bat to the already half-broken desk, making it let out a loud crack from his might.

"What the hell are you doing?" she asked him, stepping in front of him as he made to swing the bat again. She closed her fingers around his hand, trying to pry the bat away from him. He looked at her with a rage that momentarily scared her just slightly before his whole demeanor softened and his eyes seemed to almost glisten at her.

"Hitting a desk with a baseball bat, duh," he said calmly, releasing the bat and letting her take it.

"Any particular reason why?" she asked him, leaning the bat on the wall and crossing her arms over her chest. Corey smirked and shrugged, seeming to think her question over like it was the hardest thing anyone had ever asked him.

"I was pissed off," he said finally, and she nodded slowly.

"Feel better now?" she asked, and he shrugged again, his crystal blue eyes boring into her and making her palms sweat just slightly.

"I'm not sure I ever noticed that you're pretty fucking cute, Matthews," he informed her, smiling as he turned on his heel and left the room without even a glance back in her direction.

"Do we have actual work to do today or were you just planning on exerting your aggression for me?" Shay asked as she followed Corey down the stairs.

Corey laughed shortly in front of her and flipped around to face her. She stumbled slightly and he caught her by the shoulders, his fingers resting there for a moment longer than necessary.

"You don't like me very much, do you?" he asked her, catching her off-guard.

"Why would you say that?" she asked, and he smiled just slightly.

"For starters, you look at me like I'm a disease," he said, and she shook her head, doing her best to keep her eyes level with his while also fighting off the intense urge she had to kiss him.

She'd been in his company for a grand total of ten minutes and already she was finding her attraction to him quite distracting. From the second she'd walked into the office upstairs to the very moment they were living in currently, there'd been nothing she'd wanted to do more than pull him into her arms. She'd always known he had a raging temper; he was somewhat infamous for it. What she hadn't known, though, was how ridiculously attractive he was when he was angry.

"I... like you just fine. I barely know you," she stammered out finally, watching as his gaze left hers and slid down her body in a way that made her tingle.

"I've heard you think I'm an ass," he informed her, barking out a laugh as her eyes went wide.

"I... maybe I've said that in the past. Maybe you can prove me wrong," she said, and he shook his head.

"Or maybe I'll prove you right," he said, inching his face closer to hers, causing her mind to momentarily go slightly fuzzy at how absolutely fantastic he smelled. It was a mixture of what she was sure was coconut shampoo, spearmint, and something dark and woodsy. She studied him, from his grown-out curly mohawk that looked like it might've been styled before he'd had his little rampage, down to his plain gray t-shirt that looked much softer than she would've expected, down to his black jeans, and landing on his old worn-in black Converse. She pulled her eyes back up to his and shook her head.

"Doesn't matter if you are or not. I'm just your assistant," she reminded him, and he nodded and turned back around, leading her to the front door.

"Yeah, and I think we're gonna have a whole fuckin' lot of fun together, don't you?" he asked her, opening the door and motioning for her to go out. She did so, mentally cursing herself for taking the stupid job in the first place. They were gonna have a whole lotta something together, she just wasn't sure 'fun' was the right word for it.