Status: active x

Flea Bite

Venus

Her name is Venus, like the infamous fly trap. I find her about as pretty as a fly trap as well. Her hair is a sandy blonde color, as if she tried dying over a dark color without using a color corrector. Her features are dull, but her body is perky and gorgeous.

Which is why when I spot her walking with Frank, I cannot find it in me to get upset. Even with my sickening crush, even with my sore nipples, I am not upset.

The two are polar opposites, besides their reputations as sex addicts. His arm hangs around her waist, a small smile gracing his features as they walk beside me. He doesn't look at me directly -- he can't, he doesn't even realize I exist except for outside of school. But when he walks beside me, his demeanor becomes rigid and bothered. My heartbeat quickens.

I find myself walking into first block, sitting uncomfortably in the hard blue seat for the next ninety minutes, counting the seconds that go by until the final bell rings.

By the time lunch rolls around, my stomach is tied in a knot. Attempting to cool my mind of all painful thoughts that have been overthought one too many times, I sit next to my friend Elizabeth and give her a tight smile.

"Hey Rowan," she grins at me, scooping a spoonful of macaroni up to her lips. "How've you been? Glad to see you've finally gotten out of bed."

My cheeks burn with blush. I want to mention yesterday, mention the burning sensation of the way the metal felt going through my skin, but I don't want to face the questions and, more importantly, I do not want to face the humiliation.

"Yeah, I'm sorry for disappearing for so long. You know how I get sometimes." I offer her another small smile, eyes traveling throughout the cafeteria. They land on Venus, who's smiling and laughing obnoxiously with Frank and another girl. Elizabeth follows my gaze, eyebrow turning up.

"She's such a bimbo," Elizabeth hums. I don't deny it, I don't say anything. I merely look.

"I mean, who does she really think she is? Just because her daddy has money doesn't mean she's shit. The only reason boys give her any attention is because she puts out so quickly." Elizabeth continues to rant about Venus, about how she isn't even pretty, about how she used to eat glue in kindergarten and was such a nerd. About how Venus's boobs are probably fake.

"Maybe," is all I can force out. I feel worse now than before lunch started. Elizabeth puts her hand over mine and says something, but it goes unheard.

All I can think about is how Frank has his arm snug around her and if she would ever allow him to talk her into getting her body pierced.
♠ ♠ ♠
this chapter isn't as good as I wanted it to be, as I'm writing it on my phone and am growing tired of autocorrect. Anyway, thank you for reading ! (-: