Dangerous One.

second time's a charm.

Melanie and I were sitting at a cafe on a busy main road. The cafe was bright with large windows and we sat right next to one. Not many people were here, it seemed to be only myself and four other people. This cafe never really gets busy, the food here sucks but the coffee is the best in town.

"So," Melanie starts, taking a sip of her black coffee, "Did you have a good time at my birthday?"

I smile, "Yeah, can't remember much though."

She laughs, her red hair bouncing, "Neither, but I know I had sex with Jacob."

I roll my eyes, "You know he's a pig, right?"

"He's a guy," she shrugs, looking down at a magazine in front of her.

I sigh, reaching to grab my milky coffee and bringing it up to my lips.

"Hey, we should go to that new nightclub tonight." Melanie states.

I groan, I hate the nightlife in this town. "Why?"

She shrugs, "Something different."

A moment of silence comforts us as she reads her magazine and I think about going to the nightclub. I'm not keen, but we can go check it out for awhile and if it's really shit, we can just go home.

"Let's go."

----


We arrive at the club and I suddenly feel overdressed. My skirt is a little too short, exposing the tops of my thighs and I clench my leather jacket to my sides. I look down at my shirt, not realising how much cleavage I was showing.

If I didn't know myself, someone would think I was trying too hard.

"There's Jacob!" Melanie screams into my ear, causing a moment of deafness, before running off and jumping into his arms.

They actually seemed happy and like a couple, I wonder if that would work out for them. They're both horn dogs and have a rep of sleeping around, I guess they're pretty much perfect.

I sit down next to the kissing couple at our booth and take my chance to look around the club. It's pretty typical looking, dark spots for seating, a dance floor with bright lights and coloured ones moving around like a disco ball. A large bar to the opposite side of the room and a really cute bartender that I haven't seen before.

"I'll be back," I say to the busy couple, not caring if they didn't hear me. Obviously too preoccupied.

I approach the bartender and I notice the familiar shaggy dark hair and muscley build. I furrow my brows trying to pin point his name.

"Danny?" I question and he turns around, looking at me.

He looks surprised, especially when his eyes look down my body. I ignore it and lean onto the bar, peeping over at the alcoholic collection.

Still feeling his eyes on me, "Can I have a captain morgan and coke?"

"Really?" He raises a brow.

I laugh a little, wondering why he's questioning my drinking choice. "What?"

"Lemonade is better," he says with a smirk.

I shrug, not really caring, as long as I get tipsy I don't mind. He makes the drink and I take in his appearance. He's got a professional black button up on and the same baggy, but not, jeans.
He places my drink on the counter with a napkin underneath.

"How much?" I ask.

He smirks, "Try it first. If it's better than coke, I'll charge you nothing."

"Won't you get fired?" I question, sitting on the bar stool.

"Nope," he says, shaking his head.

I bring the cool glass to my lips and I can feel him watch as I take a sip. I smile, giving him a thumbs up and he chuckles before serving another person.

In a couple hours of being here, I've had five of those bad boy drinks and I was getting pretty loose. I have no idea what happened to Melanie and Jacob, but they've disappeared. The place was packed with people grinding and getting drunk.

I ended up stumbling into this guy, who was pretty good looking. He steadied me and flashed me his pearly whites.

"You alright there?" He chuckles.

I think he has blue eyes, but they look dark in the club. He's got shaggy blonde hair and a skinny build. He wore a black sweater and blue jeans that were very tight. I wonder if those jeans fit me.

"Yeah," I laugh, "I'm good."

I adjust my skirt and he scratches the back of his head awkwardly as he looks me up and down. He goes to speak but was cut off.

"Wanna get out of here?" His husky voice says into my ear and hand touches my waist.

I clear some build up in my throat, "Okay."

I give an apologetic look to the cute blonde before disappearing with Danny outside. He breaths in the fresh air and chuckles to himself, leaning against the wall near a black ute. I sway a little, debating on how drunk I am in my head. Maybe I had more to drink than I thought.

"What'd you put in my drink?" I ask.

He looks at me, blank face, "Nothing."

I nod and look up to the stars, clutching my body trying to keep warm. I hum a tune, just a random one that popped into my head. I suddenly felt a layer of warmth wrap around my shoulders. My hands go straight into the sleeves and into the pockets.

"You're welcome," he chuckles as I don't say anything.

I'm not sure what's wrong with my voice right now, but I don't seem to want to talk anyways. I nod slowly and start to feel nauseas. I pull my hands out of the pockets and clutch my stomach.

I look at Danny who's staring at me with a raised brow.

"I don't feel so good."

He just rolls his eyes and before I knew it, he was holding my hair back as I puked in the parking lot.
How fucking embarrassing.

I don't remember much after emptying my stomach of its contents. But I do remember the lights flashing by, the warmth of his ute and hum of the engine.

Then he stops the car and I'm suddenly sobered up.

"God," I groan, leaning forward onto his dash, "I'm never drinking again."

I hear him chuckle, "You will though."

I feel kind of annoyed how assuming that was so I snapped at him, "You don't know me."

He looks a little taken aback but then smirks, "Doesn't seem like I do."

I roll my eyes and take in to where we were, a small house with the outside light on was in front of us. I didn't recognise the sandstone brick and dark windows.

I furrow my brows, about to ask him where we were before he beat me to it.

"It's my house," he says.

"I'm not sleeping with you," I state, before he got any ideas.

He laughs, genuine and deep, "I don't care if you do or don't. But you're intoxicated, I thought this would be the next best thing to sleep at than a parking lot."

I nod and we both get out of the ute. The warmth leaving me and I notice I'm not only wearing my jacket but his as well. I tighten it around me and put my hands into the pockets, warming them as they're so numb from the cold.

We approach the door and he unlocks it, opening it and moving to the side to let me walk in. His house is really fucking cold and I shiver. He closes the door and turns on a couple lights. I look around, open plan kitchen and living area. Huge flat screen television, a bookcase of movies, nice dark carpet and long L shaped couch. It was basic, but neat.

Surprising for a guy like him.

I watch as he turns the TV on and sits on the couch, leaning down to untie his lace up shoes. I suddenly feel awkward standing near the door. I swallow some courage and walk to where he was and take a seat a few inches from him.

"You want water and food?" He questions.

I turn to him and smile, "Sure."

Some cartoons were playing on the TV that I didn't really pay attention to, my eyes were getting sore and droopy. I don't know how long I was doing this for until a glass of water and a bowl of mac and cheese was placed in front of me.

How would I not smell mac and cheese cooking?

My eyes widen in surprise and I look at him, "Thank you. This is nice."

He shrugs and walks away, leaving me to eat and drink. He sits beside me after I finish eating and I lean back into the comfortable couch, letting it consume me. I sigh in content and hear a chuckle from beside me.

"What?" I question, sleepily.

"Nothing," he says quietly. He seems to move from the couch and disappear for a few minutes. I'm so cold and I shiver, pulling my legs up to my chest, using the oversized jacket to cover and not expose my inapproriate underwear.

I zone out watching cartoons and he throws a shirt at me, covering my face. I huff, grabbing the shirt and looking at it. It's a plain black shirt and I look towards him.

"It's for you, if you want to change out of that," he motions towards my outfit.

I nod, "Turn around then."

He raises a brow and I get up, taking his jacket and my jacket off. I watch as he slowly turns so I face his back. I then strip off my skirt and top, throwing it on the couch and quickly throw on the shirt. It goes to my thighs, it doesn't hide much of my legs but it's comfortable.

I shiver and decide to throw the jacket on as well. I clear my throat and he turns back to face me.

"You cold?" He questions.

"Your house is freezing," I say, "don't you have a heater?"

A small smirk is playing on his lips, "In my room there's one."

"Can I...stay in there?" My teeth are chattering now.

He stares at me for a moment as if he's thinking until he sighs and nods his head, motioning for me to follow him. I follow him down the hall and to the bedroom.

A large king bed with heavy logs is the first thing I see and it looks very inviting. The heat engulfs me and I quickly run to it, bending down and trying to warm my legs and hands.

"Get warm, I'm going to turn off the TV." He says, going out of the room.

I sit cross legged on the thick carpet, my hands in my lap to stop the shirt from riding up. He comes back and I watch as he pulls his shirt over his head, throwing it to the floor. He had abs, who knew. They weren't overly defined but nice enough to look at. He had the palest skin though, but had a nice build of muscle so it wasn't like he looked sickly and skinny.

He goes to the side of the bed where I can't see, but I know he pulls down his pants and then he hops into the bed. I wonder if he wore boxers or briefs.

"You can hop in too." He states. My face flushes, I'm not sure if that's the heater doing that or him.

I stand up and notice he's staring at me, I take off his jacket and pull my long hair to the side of my neck. I glance at him and he's still watching me, very intently.

I clear my throat and slowly hop into his bed, pulling the warm white comforter over my legs and up to my chin. I smile, moving my legs and enjoying the warmth.
I look at him and he has a small smile playing on his lips.

"My name's Ashley, by the way." I say with a smile.

He chuckles, "Well Ashley, nice to meet you."

With that he turns on his side and turns his lamp off.