Status: Something new I am trying out.

What Have You Done

Breakfast Club

Slowly I could feel myself getting ready to wake up and I want to stay here and sleep for days. Emory did just as I had thought she would do. She was passed out next to me with her face smooshed into the pillow and her hair sprawled out everywhere.

I quietly chuckle. Typical girl. Taking over my bed and using me for warmth.

I wasn’t surprised that she was in my bed. It was a classic Emory move. I remember when we were teenager’s she would wait till everyone was asleep to wake me up and go star gazing in the back of my old truck or when she wanted to snuggle for a minute I would always open my arms to her and hold her tightly. It got to an every night thing it didn’t matter if it was my house or hers. One of us would always leave before anyone woke.

I didn’t think it was an odd thing and neither did Emory. I know it sounds weird knowing that she was only fifteen when it all started but I had known her since she was a tiny kid. She had fallen in love with me years before that.

Jimmy knew then that she had this crush but I think he pushed it aside and hoped he’d never have to deal with it. Guess he never expected what came out of it.

“Em.” I lightly pull the blanket off of her head and lightly shake her. “Em.”

“Shhh. Do not talk.” She mutters. “I’m not ready to face the daylight.”

“You didn’t even drink last night.”

“Brian,” She groans. “Go away.”

I pull the blankets off of my body and start rummaging through my clothes. “God, that must be where Owen gets it from.”

I know she heard me but fucking ignores me. Also a typical Emory thing to do. I walk back over to the bed and pull the blankets off of her sleeping body. “Get the hell up, lazy ass. I made plans with your brother and they will be here in thirty minutes.” I toss a towel at her head. “Go shower and I’ll make coffee.”

Emory slowly sits up and pushes the blankets off of her slender body. “They, as in Jimmy and Jade?”
I run my fingers down my face. I don’t have time for this bullshit drama going on between Emory and Jade. “Yes, Em. Those two don’t separate from one another.” I pause when I notice the look in her eyes. I try my best to change the subject. “We’ll go get Owen afterwards.”
Man, if looks could kill.

“You’re such a dick.” She slowly stands up. Her hair a mess, her eyes are tired, she’s stumbling like a drunk person. “I haven’t talked to Jade since I moved out.”

“Literally two days ago.” I say in disbelief. “You’ve been living here for one night and two days…it hasn’t even been 48 hours.” I push her towards the bathroom door. “Go shower.” I didn’t bother waiting for a response. Instead I walked out of the room and down the spiral stairs. I have no idea why I thought this many stairs would be cool. It’s an exercise every fucking time I go up them or down them.

Entering the kitchen I automatically went straight to the coffee pot. I knew if there was not coffee in the house by the time she was done showering that there would be blood.

She never was a morning person. I remember a time that Jimmy decided it would be a good idea to pour water on Jade and Emory to wake them up. It traumatized the poor girls. They didn’t enjoy pool games that involved splashing anymore.

A smile draped my lips. This tiff between Emory and Jade would soon get squashed. They were basically sisters and Emory needed people she wasn’t good at just saying that things weren’t OK and walking away from that long of a relationship.

“Hey ass hats, I’m here!” Jimmy’s voice boomed from the front door. “You look like a fucking mess. Emory stressing you out already?” He joked.

“No, you’re just so fucking loud and you never knock asshole.”

“Ooooh, you made coffee for me, thanks Syn. You know me to well.” He grabbed the coffee from my hands. “Where’s Em?”

“Upstairs getting ready. Do you know how difficult it is to wake up Emory in the morning? I thought of pouring water on her but decided I was too young to die.” I joked.

Jaded laughed out loud, “Oh man, she would have killed you. Remember when we all flew out for her surprise birthday and Zack poured water on her head to wake her up? I’ll never forget that. She kicked his ass.”

Jimmy took a sip of his coffee and wrapped his arm around Jade. “He had that coming; you don’t mess with her when she’s trying to sleep, not to mention she had been up working for 24 hours… she wasn’t even excited we were there till her actual birthday party.”

“Owen upstairs?” Jade asked.

“Nah.” I shook my head. “My parent’s stole him and aren’t giving him back until this evening. My parents can’t get enough of him I think a restraining order might have to be put in place.”

Emory POV

The laughter in the kitchen made me feel a little nervous. I hoped this was going to go as smooth as what Brian had thought. I took in a deep breath and walked down the stairs. I saw Jimmy hugging on to Jade in a protective manor. I may have been pissed off at Jade but I’d never physically hurt her.
I overheard Brian say, “Emory’s isn’t going to bite. I promise.”

“I’ll bite you.” I walked over to Brian’s side and lightly bit his collarbone he jumped back, wincing in pain.

“Dude that was all skin. Fuck you Emory. That’s going to bruise!” He yelled at her.

Jimmy ran his fingers down his face, “Do not bite Brian, if his blood gets in your mouth you will probably catch a disease.” He teases. “Oh wait you two have already exchanged liquids.” He said making himself gag.

“You’re an idiot.” I walked over to Jimmy and grabbed the coffee from his hands. “That’s mine”
Jimmy pushed my shoulder. “You tell mom and dad yet?”

I shake my head no and avoid the rest of the question. “Where are we going?”

“We were thinking the diner down the street sounded like a good place, we haven’t been there forever!” Jimmy bounced up and down clapping his hands. “It will be like old times when we used to skip school!” He laughed. Jimmy pulled his keys out of his pocket. “Let’s go bitches.”

The group of us piled into Jimmy’s SUV. Brian and I made ourselves cozy in the back seat. Out of habit I rested her head on Brian’s shoulder. This morning is killing me softly. I could hardly keep my eyes open. Brian pet the side of my head in a relaxing manor and tried his best to keep me somewhat awake. He dropped his hand when he met eye contact with Jimmy in the rearview mirror. My brother raised his eyebrow at Brian suspiciously. He had to of assumed this was bound to happen all over again…I mean we did just talk about how badly I wanted us to be a family the other day.

“Jimbo. Eye’s on the road!” Jade reminded as she yanked the steering wheel. “Fuck, I don’t feel like dying.”

I immediately opened my eyes when my phone started buzzing in my pocket. Brian adjusted making enough room in between us. I knew he was slightly afraid of Jimmy who kept making eye contact through the mirror.

“No, no, no.” I said pressing ignore on my mother’s phone call. “Not today Satan.”

Brian nudged my shoulder. “Em, you can’t ignore them forever.”

I could feel my jaw clench in annoyance. “Don’t.” I didn’t care if Brian was right. My relationship with my parents had gone to shit years ago. It only got worse when I left home.

I saw Jade cringe out of the corner of my eye. She knew that I was touchy about the subject. “Oh look we’re here!” She yelled for a distraction. “Race you inside!”

The group laughed at Jade running into the restaurant with the rest of them behind her. “Four please!”

The waitress smiled and handed us menus, “Sit where ever you’d like.”

Jimmy made sure to seat us in a corner booth next to the jazz band that was playing soft music. He wanted to gaze out the window and people watch. It was his thing whenever they went places; he needed to be by the window with his back against the wall. He claimed it was to people watch but everyone knew he was paranoid of people recognizing him.

“Hey Syn, I gotta go powder my nose. Wanna come with me?” Jimmy teased.

“What are you trying to say Rev, is my face not good enough for you?” He stepped out of the booth and followed Jimmy to the exit where they both lit up a cigarette.

‘Fuckers.’ I knew exactly what they were doing. They wanted us to be alone, hoping that we would talk everything out. There wasn’t really anything to talk about anymore though. We got it all out the day of the concert.

I see her brown eyes travel from her menu to me. I wonder if she’s judging me for looking at the drink menu this early. Part of me wanted to crack a joke and the other part of me just didn’t give a fuck.

“It’s quiet without you in the apartment. Rex searches all of the rooms for you and Owen.” She pauses but I don’t look up at her. I continue to stare at the menu. “I miss you.” She says.

I want to forgive her, I really do but something inside of me is not letting it go. I know that I hid Owen’s father away from them but that was for different reasons…this seriously could have been talked about four years ago and we wouldn’t be in this weird cycle.

“Just pretend I’m gone again.” I couldn’t stop my word vomit. “That way you can fuck my brother where ever you want.”

“Dude.” She pauses. “This is fucking hard for me too. I lost my best friend and roommate in two days.” She takes a drink from her coffee. “You aren’t the only one going through shit. You got your brother back and him and Brian seem like they are doing peachy.” She inhales deeply I know she is trying to keep her cool. “You know what Em? I’ve put up with so much bullshit drama from you our whole lives and I’m still here even after the whole shit show with Brian. We have to put this shit behind us Em. Jimmy and I are getting married and that isn’t going to change.”

“Hey, do you guys know what you want to order?” The waitress kindly asked.

Jade grabbed the menu; she didn’t bother waiting for me to say anything. “We’ll start with four Bloody Mary’s and four waters.”

The waitress smiled, “Alright thanks guys I’ll get that started for ya.”
“Jade-.”

Jimmy and Brian saved me from having to respond.

Jimmy made a box with his hands, “What do you think, am I beautiful?” He scooted beside Jade.

“Ugly as fuck.” I teased. “We ordered bloody mary’s.”

Jimmy shook his head disapprovingly. “We have similar faces, so there for you are ugly as fuck too...”

Jaded swatted Jimmy in the chest. “Don’t be a dick.”

Jimmy took a swig of his drink, “Did you guys have a nice chat? Do some family bonding and shit?”

I glared at Jimmy with an obvious ‘What the fuck do you think’ look. Brian and Jimmy could feel the tension between us two so why the hell would he ask.

I know that Jimmy saw the look in my eyes again, the one that I was famous for. ‘Get me the fuck out of here’ Brian easily caught on, he’d always been able to read me like an open book.

Brian leaned in to whisper in my ear while the other two were cutely making fun of each other. “Should we go?” Brian quietly asked.

I nodded my head. I couldn’t handle it anymore. I’m a twenty-two year old who has a nasty temper like a damn child. Brian pulled his wallet from his back pocket. We slowly scooted out of the booth.
Jimmy looked at us with curiosity. “Where the hell are you going?”

“Home.” Without another word I made her my way out of the café.

Jade’s POV

“I can take you guys home if you wait till I’m done with my damn drink.” Jimmy laughed. “Why is there such a rush?”

“I think Ms. Sensitive needs to blow off some steam.” Brian joked. “Still up for the Barbeque at Matt’s tomorrow?”

Jimmy beat his hands on the table and nod, “Yeah, we’ll see you there. Try to convince Em to come.”

“How am I supposed to do that? She pissed.”

“Tell her that Zack will be there. That seems to be the key to getting her place. She loves Zack.” I stick my tounge out in a teasing manner. “Vengeance is her favorite even if you don’t want to admit it. I mean where did you think she was when you weren’t around?” I knew I’d hit a nerve. I could see it on Brian’s face.

Jimmy put his arm around me, “Aw that’s my girl. Besides, she needs to get over this shit, man. She’s been dwelling on it for five days now.”

“Dude!” Brian through his hands in the air. “You and you…” He said pointing at them. “Lie to her for what, almost five years? You know that she should have been the first to know. She’s sensitive as fuck, you guys should know this shit by now.”

“Fuck you. You knocked my sister up when she was a minor!” Jimmy yelled.

“See…this is it. None of us are able to fucking let go man. There is always going to be this fucking weird tension now.” Brian pauses for a second. “Don’t act like I’m a fucking bad person. I still took care of them even when I lived in America. I was still a part of my kid’s life.” He didn’t say another word. He headed for the door and watched Brian comfort Emory.

Jimmy looked me directly in the eyes. Curiosity filled his mind and I wasn’t sure what he was going to ask.

“You think they will make it?”

I shrugged my shoulders. “It’s been working for almost five years with her being in a completely different country.” I paused wondering if I should spill the beans or not. "You know there is a part of me that always wanted her to end up with Zack not Brian. Brian is a manipulator and he's going to take advantage of her age."

“Do not ever fucking say that again. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the Brian thing already." He laughs. "Is that why you said the thing about Zack? God you are a bitch and I fucking love it.” Jimmy downed the rest of his drink. “Lets get out of here. I need to go talk to my parents.”
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think Jimmy and Jade are up to?
comments and recs are loved. I'll update when I get some opinions. Thank you for reading!