Status: If you are reading this I would greatly appreciate it if you would leave comments about any adjustments that should be made. Please and thank you.

High School Nightmare

Graduation night 2006

It was the dead of the night as Mary Lynn Osborn walked home from her high school graduation, all alone and sad. Her night did not feel special like it was supposed to. Mary Lynn's parents and siblings didn't attend the event that would alter her life. They where to busy with their own fun. She was not going to even bother asking former classmates to hang out with her because they started partying right after the victory lap. Never did she imagine her night to be a total bust.
Mary Lynn continued to walk in silence under the street lamps. She was trying to clear her mind about her next step in life when there was a sudden burst of pain to the back of her skull. Mary Lynn slumped to the ground on her back. Trying to stay conscious, she raised her arms trying to roll over, but couldn't when strong arms stopped her from doing so. Mary Lynn then realized that she had been attacked and went into defensive mode and kneed, who she assumed was a grown man, in the stomach. For a brief minute she was free and tried desperately to crawl and stand up, but was pulled back down, falling down onto a stone and knocked unconscious.
Waking up wasn't easy for Mary Lynn to do. Every time she went to open her eyes they were really blurry and it made her head feel worse. When Mary Lynn could finally see right she noticed she was in the hospital. She looked over to her left to find a nurse sitting next to her.
"Excuse me?" Mary Lynn croaks.
The nurse looks up from her papers and a smile appears.
"Good. Your are awake. My name is Jenny." She said.
"How long have I been unconscious for?"
"You have been out of it for two weeks. Before you can ask more questions I have to ask you a few for your medical records. Do you remember your name, date of birth, and what year it is?" Nurse Jenny asks. Taking a moment for herself, Mary Lynn slowing answers the questions.
"I am Mary Lynn Osborn. I was born March 19,1997 and the year is 2006." She replies.
"Very good. Now what was thing that you remember?"
"I was walking home from my high school when a stranger attacks me. That's all I remember."
"Okay. I'll be right back with the doctor and she will explain your condition and go from there." Nurse Jenny says as she walks out the door with her papers.
Mary Lynn took the opportunity to think about her family. Where they with her in the hospital? Did they care enough to show up to support her and help her through it? After minutes of wondering the doctor walked in through the door. She was a short, lanky woman with long blonde hair.
"Hello Mary Lynn, my name is Dr. Emily Wilson, and I am so happy that you are awake." Greeted the doctor. "I can see from your chart that you don't have any amnesia and your language and hearing are working just fine."
"Can you tell me who found me? Or how much damage was done to me?" Mary Lynn asks with a determined voice.
"Yes. Your sister Kloe found you laying in the middle of the street on her way to your house. Are you sure you want to know your condition right now?" Dr. Wilson cautiously asks Mary Lynn. "I would highly recommend your rest for another day or to before knowing my answers."
"No, I would rather know now than postpone the inevitable please."
The doctor bites her lip with worry, but slowly nods.
"Your attacker did much damage to your body, but nothing.....permanent. You hit your head pretty hard so you have fifteen stitches to the side of your face." Dr. Wilson walked over to Mary Lynn's bedside and took a seat. "You will have them removed next week. Scrapes on your elbows and knees. Let's see," She looks down at my chart. "You received bruises on your sides.....and on the insides of your legs. Would you like me to continue?"
Mary Lynn took a deep breath and nodded.
"We did a rape kit to eliminate the possibilities and your test came back positive. I also had tests for any diseases done and those came back negative." Dr. Wilson hesitated.
Mary Lynn noticed the look and asked her what else there was.
"I had another test done four days ago and it came back positive. Your are pregnant Mary Lynn."
That last piece of news hit Mary Lynn hard. She didn't think she had been raped, only mugged. Mary Lynn looked away from the doctor and closed her eyes. Just then the questions just started flowing like a river in her mind. What was she to do? Mary Lynn couldn't hold back the tears of sadness and pain any longer.