Status: If you are reading this I would greatly appreciate it if you would leave comments about any adjustments that should be made. Please and thank you.

High School Nightmare

Reminder

Driving the streets after ten years of absence would be one of the awkward things Mary Lynn would ever do in her life. That is saying a lot since she has done pretty awkward things when she was a teen in high school. It saddened her to be back in her hometown in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Mary Lynn knew, though, that she had to do what needed to be done for herself and her ten year old daughter, Kassey.
As Mary Lynn drove past the stores and neighborhoods she had small flashbacks to the very few good memories she had growing up. Days in the rain, splashing around with her group of friends. Pulling small pranks on Halloween night year after year. An invisible smile grew on her face just thinking of those memories. Mary Lynn looked over at Kassey wondering how things would have turned out if had she raised her daughter in the same place where she was raised. She had endless questions, but as usual she ignored them like flies.
Mary Lynn drove down Irving Avenue to her childhood home. After her parents died the house and half the money went to her sister, Kloe, and the other half to her brother, Darrel. As for Mary Lynn, she got family heirloom toys that she had as a child and gave them to her daughter. She had a lot of happy memories, but being at the house wasn't one of them. Mary Lynn didn't get along with her siblings and her parents weren't home all the time unless it was time for breakfast and bed.
Pulling into the driveway, Kloe was already standing on the front porch waiting for us to arrive. Mary Lynn was surprised to see her sister. She was surprise when her sister offered to open her home to Mary Lynn and her daughter. Kloe had changed since that day in the hospital. Once a tall, plump young lady and now a tall, in-shape woman. But if Mary Lynn had to choose to stay with anyone in her family Kloe would be her first choice.
"Now I want you to be on your best behavior while we are here." Mary Lynn said. "I don't want you pulling pranks like you do back home. In this town they don't put up with anyone's crap."
"Yes ma'am." Kassey replies.
"Now go see your aunt and I'll get our suite cases." On that note Kassey took that opportunity to get out of the car and run for the porch. Mary Lynn sat in the car for a few minutes still trying to soak up the fact that she was back in her hometown. Now it was her turn to walk up the steps and embrace her past. As Mary Lynn did so her sister pulled her into a long embrace.
"I am so glad to have you here." Kloe says. "And there is so much that I would like to talk to you about." Mary Lynn pulls away nodding with a fake smile, but didn't say a word. She always knew there would come a time where her sister will want to apologize, but she didn't want it to be this soon. Mary Lynn wasn't ready for any apologies.
"Please, do come in," Kloe politely sidesteps gesturing towards the door. "After all this is still your home."
Walking into the house was like walking into a stranger's home. Bizarre and scary though it looks as if nothing was moved but added onto. Pictures on the walls of the hallway from Mary Lynn's childhood all the way up to the present day. The only way to see the actual wall was if someone took down a photo.
Followed by her sister Mary Lynn walked down the short hallway into the living room. Connected to the left was the kitchen and to the right are the bedrooms and bathroom. It was overwhelming to remember how simple her home was. Mary Lynn turned to her sister.
"I am going to retire for the night." She says without looking up. "It has been a long road. Feel free to take Kassey out and go for a walk or something. Oh and Kloe will you take us out to dinner tonight?"
"I already planned on it." Kloe states. "We have a reservation at Ryan's at 6:00."