Angel Gifts

In distant lands, magic chooses those who it deems worthy and gives gifts to those who earn it. Magic will inhabit individuals, giving the specific gifts; but one person in every generation receives them all. These beings are called Angels of Beyond. They have the power to see the past and the present. They have full control over the four elements: fire, water, rock, and air. They can control two mental elements: actions and thoughts. They have enhanced senses and speed.

While these are all life changing abilities, the physical toll can be devastating. Once an Angel reaches the age of eighteen, they have a choice: live in beyond with their people, or remain the the mortal world to distribute peace throughout their lifetime. If they choose the latter, their people will watch over them as their life progresses. If they are deemed worthy, they will be summoned to Beyond and join their people in the afterlife.

Scarlett Hurik is an Angel of Beyond, and serves as a full-time assassin for Ash. With her deadly training and gifts, her secret could lead to disasters. When some of their own begin to turn on the band, Scarlett finds herself questioning where her loyalties lie. As she gets older, her world might start to crumble beneath her feet. She could do nothing to stop it, but retreat to her own world and watch from afar.