Status: Cautiously active

Before I Die

Two

Skylar Kim is a pretty girl. Some might even say Skylar is above being called just pretty, some people like herself in fact. Skylar would never describe herself as just another pretty girl but rather a true beauty, one to go down through the ages. With her thin nose, perfect pouty lips and wide almond shaped brown eyes. The only real problem with Skylar’s beauty is that she is acutely aware of it and its prowess, so much so that she uses it time and time again to get whatever and whomever she wants.

And Skylar knows exactly what, or who rather, she wants, Noah. Her oldest friend’s boyfriend. Skylar has loved Noah since she was a child and they went to their third grade dance together and danced together under a strobe light all night long. Her feelings for him have yet to diminish and she knows deep inside of her heart that they never will, which is why she has little conscious left about stealing her friend’s boyfriend.

She was in love with Noah first, Eden stole Noah from her. Sure Skylar never really voiced her feelings for Noah out loud to Eden but it was obvious to the plain eye what she was really feeling. And Eden didn’t take that into account when she accepted that date invitation from Noah nearly ten months ago.

Skylar is not alone in her feelings for Noah, she knows with certainty that Noah liked her back just as much. Whenever they are close Skylar can feel the sexual tension dripping off of them and the chemistry zinging between them like fireworks.

There is no denying that Noah and Skylar have feelings for each other, they have proved on multiple occasions when they have been alone. And nothing nor nobody including little miss Eden is going to get in the way of Skylar and Noah finding each other and declaring their undying love for the other. Which is why as Noah makes his way into the gas station store to pay for the petrol Skylar stops him, laying her hand on his chest with a sly wink, honestly not caring who sees at this point. Noah promised this weekend they would finally announce their relationship to Eden, so why does Noah look so angry?

“Stop!” Noah hisses through clinched teeth grabbing Skylar’s hand roughly and tossing it aside, tossing Skylar aside like she is nothing more than garbage. The look in his eye is murderous and Skylar takes a step back shocked at Noah’s strong reaction. “Not here. Not when Eden could walk out any moment and see us,”

Skylar is a nice girl Noah muses to himself, a beautiful girl even but she just isn’t Eden, and that is her biggest downfall where he is concerned, she just isn’t Eden. Eden is special and beautiful, truly magical and Skylar really is none of those things. Can’t Skylar understand this, that whatever is between them, is nothing more than a hook up? Apparently not as she stares up at him with her hazel eyes begging him to accept her, to love her like she loves him.

But he will never love Skylar, his heart belongs to Eden even if he isn’t the best as showing it, he truly does love Eden and would never want to hurt her which is why he needs to cool things off with Skylar and put a stop to their sexual relationship.

“What?” Skylar asks her eyes almost filling with tears. She is distraught at the thought of being rejected, her self-esteem is just so low, why else would she look for love with a boy that could never really love her back, and is obviously using her for sexual favours.

Noah isn’t a bad guy, not truly, despite his decisions the past three months with Skylar, he was just … confused. Eden runs so hot and cold despite being together for nine months and twenty-two days they have yet to consummate their relationship and he was simply frustrated. Skylar was the perfect release, now she is just a nuisance. A big ugly nuisance. Even after all this time together sometimes Noah doubts that Eden loves him, truly loves him like he wishes she would.

Noah knows that Eden is in the bathroom but that does not mean the Skylar can stake her claim at him, putting her hands on him like he is hers. He will never be hers, and she needs to start accepting that harsh truth. Maybe not is as good a time as any to explain that to her.

“Listen Sky,” He begins using his pet nickname for her to help soften the blow. Skylar’s shoulders rise and she knows what is coming, she has heard this speech at least a dozen times from a dozen different boys who have used and abused her in a similar fashion, she refuses to hear it now.

“We had some fun,” Noah says sounding like a big old cliché. Skylar is mad, pissed the hell off at Noah for dragging her along for months only to drop her at the sign of some interest from his frigid girlfriend.

“No you listen” She is the one seething now, “You even dare and end this and I will tell your precious little girlfriend everything.” She says wagging a finger in Noah’s direction, he looks beyond frightened and that is just what Skylar wanted. Sometimes people need a little push to figure out what they truly want and push Skylar will.

Skylar and Noah are so caught up in their argument and subsequent make-up that they don’t notice Callum standing next to the car they all drove up in watching the exchange with curious eyes. They also don’t notice the phone he holds in his hand, filming the entire lovers spat, with a smirk on his normally docile face.

Little does the couple know what a revealing weekend this truly will be. And when all is said and done, no one will be the same… ever again