Small Town Girl

*Chapter 13*

*Time Elapse*

It's been 3 weeks since the guys left and Brent and I have been texting back and forth a lot. We also call one another before we go to sleep and after we wake up, occasionally if we have a spare minute during the day. Mel had come back to help me with Mama as much as possible. I had just hung up with Brent when I hauled ass to the bathroom and emptied my stomach into the toilet. "Elizabeth? Sweetie, are you okay?" "Yeah, Aunt Mel, I'm fine. That was really strange." "What happened?" She asked as we walked to the living room. " I'm not sure. I hung up with Brent and then I got this sudden feeling I needed to be sick." By this time Mama was listening. "Baby, wen was your last period?" I thought for a minute. " Um...I don't know. I think 3 weeks give or take before the trip." Mel gave Mom a look that I couldn't read and Mom simply nodded. "I'll be right back."

Mel left for about 20 minutes before returning with a CVS bag containing some pregnancy tests. She handed me the bag, "Go upstairs and take those. Don't ask questions, just go." I walked to the bathroom and did as I was told. Once I took them, I set them on the counter, washed my hands and walked downstairs to where Mom and Mel were sitting. I waited for what felt like forever but really it was only 5 minutes and those 5 minutes were the longest of my life. When the timer finally chimed, I went upstairs to look at the tests. The breath I was holding came rushing out with a whooshing sound.