Small Town Girl

*Chapter 1*

So here's a few things about me. My name is Elizabeth Jane Sheppard, I'm 23, and I'm a waitress at a small diner in small town Kansas. I know, real glamorous. I live with my mama in a small farm house that we've been in for as long as I can remember. I look just like my mom. We both have dark chocolate brown hair and bright green eyes and we're both 5 foot 3. Mama got really sick when I was 15 and I've been taking care of her ever since. I don't know my dad and don't have any siblings. I don't really have any friend due to not really having time make them. I do have one though and he's been by my side since we were kids. His name is Jimmy and he is the craziest person I've ever met. But I love him to death! He has been my rock and shoulder to cry on since Mom got sick. When I'm not working or taking care of Mama, Jimmy and I are listening to THE best band ever. Shinedown. Like I said, we live in small town Kansas. There's not too much to do around here. So we do this. Anyway back to what I was saying. We both love Shinedown. We've always planned on eventually going to an concert but expensive and not really in either of our budgets at the moment.

So you can imagine my surprise when Jimmy showed up at Mel's Diner, where we work, with a mischievous grin on his face. I knew something was up as soon as he walked through the door. "Okay, Jimmy, what'd you do this time? And how much is it gonna cost me?" "Now my dear, sweet, Elizabeth, can't I just come see my best friend at work?" He asked, the grin still firmly intact. I gave him a "what the hell are you on?" look and replied, "Not with that look on your face. Now tell me what's going on before I go tell Mel you're here and can cover Luna's shift." "Ugh, you're no fun but ok. You gotta promise you won't scream or freak out." "Ok, I promise." I replied impatiently. That's when he pulled out a manilla envelope and handed it to me. He didn't say a word. Just sat there smiling at me. Which for him to be silent is really weird.

I opened the envelope and gasped. Then slowly looked up and started hyperventilating. "Whoa! Lizzie! Calm down. Breathe, just breathe. I've got you. You're ok." I finally calmed down and got my breathing back under control and looked at him as if he grew two heads. "You got tickets to the Shinedown concert? And not just any concert but one in Vegas?" I whisper/yelled. "Um yes?" He gave me a nervous look as he answered. "You know I'd love to go, Jimmy, but I can't. I've got work and to take care of Mama. I'm sorry but I can't go." I said sadly, going back to work. I heard him sigh and walk out of the diner.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it! Please Read and Review!