Small Town Girl

*Chapter 6*

By this point I was crying. "Okay. I'll meet you at the airport. Will you grab my things?" "Yes I will and I'll see you there. Our flight is at 10:45." "Okay. Bye, Jimmy." I immediately began to look for my belongings that I actually had with me, tears streaming down my face the whole time. As I raced passed Brent, he grabbed my hand and pulled me to him. "Elizabeth? Is everything alright? "No, Brent, it's not. My mom had a doctor's appointment today and she and my Aunt Mel got bad news. I have to get home as quickly as possible." I told him as I grabbed my jacket and headed for the door. He once again grabbed my hand and pulled me to him. "I'm coming with you." "What? No. I can't ask that of you. You and the guys still have the tour to do. You have your own life. These are my problems and I won't let you put your life on hold for me. A woman you drunkenly married in Vegas and don't really know."

That's when he did something I didn't expect at all. He kissed me. "Elizabeth, we may have gotten married by accident but that doesn't matter. All that does matter is that you are now my wife and drunk or not I took a vow to be faithful, to take care of you, and to be there for you no matter what. You mom isn't doing well and I am going to get you to her. We will work out everything else later. Nothing else matters to me more than getting you home to your mom. Okay?" I slowly nodded. "Just let me call the guys and let them know what's going on. I can do that on the way to the airport." He grabbed his things and put his arm around me as he led me to the door. I was silent the whole way there due to my mind racing with all the horrible possibilities of what Mama found out. Turned out the guys were on their way to come see us so it was easy to explain we needed to leave. They understood completely so they grabbed their things and we all headed to the private jet hanger of the airport.

As we waited for the plane to finish fueling, I called Jimmy to let him know where to meet us. "Hey, Jimbo. I'm with some friend I met last night. Come over to the west wing where the private planes are kept. They're giving us a ride home. I'll explain everything when you get here." "Um. Okay? See you soon then." As soon as I hung up the phone, I felt someone hug me from behind. I turned around to see Zach with a sad smile on his face. "Hi, Babydoll. How are you holding up?" He asked quietly. "Hi, Zach. Not bad I guess considering I have no idea what happened. I don't want to freak out too much until I know what they found out. Ya know?" He nodded. "It'll be okay, Sweetheart." He said and hugged me again. I was hugging him back when I heard Jimmy walk up. "Lizzie Plum? Why are you hugging Zach Myers?" "Because he's my new lover. Sorry, Jimmy Bean." I said as Zach and I hugged dramatically. Jimmy dropped to the ground on his knees and hugged my waist and dramatically yelled. "Lizzie! No! You can't leave me! I need you! How will I ever survive!?" I tried not to laugh as I replied. "I'm sorry, Jimmy. We just weren't meant to be." I then threw myself into Zach's arms dramatically. That's when I heard laughing behind us.

I turned to see Brent, Barry, and Eric doubled over, holding onto each other for balance. Jimmy, Zach, and I began to laugh ourselves. When everyone could breathe again we did intros. "Guys, I'd like you all to meet my best friend, Jimmy. Jimmy, I'd like you to meet Zach, Barry, Eric, and Brent. I met them last night when you went to hang out with that girl. They saved me from getting my ass kicked by some creepy dude and his friends. They all did their guy handshake thing and Jimmy replied. "It's nice to meet you all. I'm a big fan." "It's nice to meet you too." They smiled. Jimmy then turned to me and said, "Sugarplum, that doesn't explain why they're taking us home or why you're still with them." I looked over at Brent and he smiled gently at me then came to my side. "Jimmy, I'd like you to meet Brent." "Liz. I just did." He laughed. "Jim. Let me finish. I'd like you to meet Brent. My husband." "What? Your husband? You got married last night? What the hell, Liz? You got married without me? I was suppose to be your MOH." He said all sad.

He then started to laugh. We all looked at him like he'd lost his mind. "Leave it to my sweet, innocent best friend to get married in Vegas." He then leaned over to hug me and said in what he considered was whispering tone, "but judging by the way you're walkin, you're not innocent anymore." I blushed like a mad man and looked down as everyone laughed. I pulled back from Jimmy and punched him in the arm as hard as I could. "Owwie! What was that for?!" Jimmy exclaimed as the guys all laughed harder. "For bein an assbutt!" He began laughing at my red face with the guys and I frowned crossing my arms. Just then the flight attendant told us we could board the plane. Shortly after we were on our way to my hometown.