Status: Work-In-Progress

Limerence

Gotcha

They won! Our school won! And not to brag, but I got some amazing pictures. “Guys! Amazing job! I knew… none of the answers.” I laughed as I met with them outside of the auditorium. “I’m so happy for you guys!”

“Thanks, Callie.” Ned pushed past me, instantly grabbing his phone from the basket of belongings.

“Okay everyone! We’re going to the Washington Monument to celebrate!” Our teacher was way more excited than we all were.

“Weren’t we going to do that anyway?” Michelle grabbed her book from the basket.

“Let’s just go.” He sighed and we all followed him across the road to the Monument.

“You know… I think I’ll just stay down here.” I said as I looked up at the tall building. No way in Hell I was going up there.

“Yeah, me too.” Michelle plopped down on one of the benches, opening her book.

“Come on, guys. Why not?”

“I really don’t feel like celebrating something that was built by slaves.” Michelle shrugged as she gestured to the building.

“Oh come on. I’m sure it wasn’t…” A security guard gave our teacher a nod. “Okay, then. Enjoy your book. Callie?”

“Yeah… I’m terrified of elevators in tall buildings. And heights in general.” He hung his head in defeat and walked into the Monument.

“Really? Heights and elevators?” Michelle scoffed and turned the page in her book.

“You can fall from heights and an elevator can crash and kill everyone. They’re legitimate fears, Michelle.” She gave me a slight nod and I sighed, looking around for good photography spots. I had gotten a couple pictures of the Washington Monument at different angles when I turned my focus to the reflection pool. Then I saw him. “No. Freaking. Way.” That was Spider-Man. What the hell was Spider-Man doing here?!

I jumped at the sound of a boom coming from behind me. “Oh my God!” Michelle yelled and jumped up, pointing up at the crumbling building that I was standing dangerously close too, but too terrified to move. “My friends are up there!”

“Uh, don’t worry ma’am, everything is gonna be okay.” I felt something slap against my lower back before pulling back on my t-shirt. I was jerked backwards just before a giant piece of the building crushed me. I fell back into a strong pair of arms and turned to face my rescuer. “Are you okay?” Spider-Man’s hands fell to my waist as he seemed to check over me. My heart was pounding in my ears. “Hey, Cal—uh, ma’am. Are you okay?”

“Y-yeah. Sorry. I’m okay. Thanks.” He nodded and almost immediately started up the side of the building. My breath staggered as I stepped back and bent over, placing my hands on my knees. “Oh my God. Oh my God.” I felt sick. I thought I was going to throw up. I told Lea I could die living in New York! She didn’t believe me!

“Callie!” Michelle ran up to me and grabbed my shoulders, pulling my back up to face her. “Holy shit, are you okay?” I nodded and tried to fix my composure. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah. Yeah, I’m okay Michelle.” I took a deep breath and ran my hands through my hair and over my face. “Oh my God I almost died!” Yep. There was the panic.

“Are you like… going into shock or something?”

“Nope. Just coming to terms with the fact that my life almost ended!” My breath began to quicken as I paced back and forth.

“Okay, come with me. A few more steps away from the building.” She gently took my arm and lead me away and to the sidewalks, far from danger. We both turned around and watched intently as the next ten years—sorry, minutes—passed. As soon as our classmates came out of the building, I felt the most relief I had ever felt in my entire life.

“Oh my God, Ned!” I ran up to him and wrapped him in a hug. “I’m so glad you’re safe!”

“Spider-Man saved us, man!” Flash ran by us and I parted from Ned, smiling at him.

“He really did, you know.” Ned nodded his head in Flash’s direction. “Save us. Pet—uh, Spider-Man, did.”

“How did he even know?”

“What?”

“How did he even know we were here? He’s usually back home in Queens… and we’re… here. Who all was up there?”

“Everyone. Well, except you, Michelle, and Peter.”

“Peter?”

“Did… did I say Peter? No. He was definitely up there.”

“Why isn’t he down here now?”

“What?”

“Where is he?”

“I uh… gotta…” Ned turned away and took off in the opposite direction.

“Gotcha.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I really hope you guys are enjoying this story so far! I'm having tons of fun writing it. I actually have two more chapters written out!

Next update soon, and lots of love to you guys who have recommended and subscribed and commented! <3