Status: Work-In-Progress

Limerence

Hey, Stalker

“Peter Parker is Spider-Man.” I told Lea as soon as I was back home and alone. It was nearly midnight before my dad finally let me be alone. He had a friend who was a nurse so he had her look over me about four times before he finally believed I was okay.

“Oh, come on. He is not. You’re just saying that because you’re into him.”

“Yeah, but that’s not why I’m saying this! I can prove it. Sort of. Things just aren’t adding up, Lea. On top of everything with Liz’s party that I told you about, now he was the only one not in the Washington Monument.”

“Neither were you and Michelle.”

“For the last time, Michelle is not replacing you.” I rolled my eyes. “But Michelle and I were together when Spider-Man was saving everyone, so there goes that theory.”

“Maybe he was sick and in the hotel room—“

“Spider-Man almost called me Callie. Ned said Peter was up in the elevator, but Peter never came down from the tour. Peter didn’t even go to the decathlon. He left his hotel last night wearing a hoodie—“

“You’re obsessed.”

“Lea—“

“Callie. Come on.”

“Okay. Fine. Let’s say I am crazy… who else could it be?”

“Probably some stalker.” I pinched the bridge of my nose, frustrated at my best friend.

“Lea—“

“Lea! Why aren’t you asleep!?” Lea’s mom yelled over the other end before the line suddenly cut out. I groaned and tossed my phone onto my bed. I’m not crazy. There’s no way it could all be anyone else. Coincidence? No way. Peter Parker is Spider-Man. I just need to find more definite proof. And I will! Even if I had to stay up and research all night.

No. Now I sounded crazy. I was not about to let this cloud my judgement or my thoughts. I needed to focus… but it was going to be so hard. I walked over to my window and opened the blinds to take in the night sky, but my eyes were immediately drawn to the only bedroom light across the road. Peter’s. Of course. He was looking over an open book at his desk, visibly frustrated at whatever he was reading. I leaned against my windowsill to watch him… in a non-creepy way, obviously.

Did his aunt know? How was he hiding it so well? How did he do this and the Stark internship? Was this the Stark internship? I jumped as my phone buzzed on my bed.

Peter: Hey, stalker.

I looked back up and saw Peter smiling at me and waving. I returned the gesture.

Callie: You looked back. I think we know who the real stalker is, Penis Parker.

Peter: Oh, god. Not you, too.

Callie: Nah. Didn’t like how it sounded