I Miss You

Day Fifteen

Good evening, darling,

I got to see you again today! I woke up this morning at 9 and tried to roll over and sleep a little more, but Zeppelin decided to poke me in the face with his paw. I think he knew I needed to wake up. After that, I took a shower, finished my laundry, and ate a couple cookies because I was in the state of being nervous and excited.

Your mom, grandma, and stepdad picked me up not long after that and we made the journey to where you're at. I was really excited; after not seeing your face for a week, I liked seeing you. Time went by so quick for me after the orientation.

After we left, we went to Popeye's and had dinner; I had to bring home leftovers.

When I got back to the house, I ran to Walmart to make an engraved tag for Zeppelin and to see if I could find him a collar. The only one they had was pink with a fabric flower. Needless to say, I did not purchase it. I'm going to Pet Sense tomorrow to get one as I'm sure they'll actually have a selection. His tag is cute though. The smallest one they had was a silver heart, but it was enough for his name and your phone number. It was a bitch to get the little ring on with these nails though.

I also ran by Food Lion to get some groceries and then finally went back to the house. Your dad showed up about 7:30 and we talked for a while. He asked how you were doing.

I'm glad you called me; I was worried you wouldn't. Bedtime calls help me sleep at night.

I found Zeppelin's old collar and fought with him to put it on. He keeps going after the bell and the tag. He seems comfortable in it though. I was able to fit a finger in between the collar and his neck. It's funny to watch.

I also bought some Sharpies today and I'm planning on doing something with the inside cover of this journal; I haven't decided how to execute it yet. I'm just hoping it won't ruin the first page.

Oh well. Sleep well, dear. Goodnight. I love you.
♠ ♠ ♠
A large portion of this journal was removed for privacy reasons; it pertained to my visit with him and those are just details that I'm not willing to share. I apologize for how short this entry is due to my decision.

Kevin's family came to pick me up because I didn't want to drive down there myself. I'll be doing that enough with the four-day program and this will be the last time I see him until then unfortunately.

I've been on the hunt for a collar for Zeppelin. In the case that he gets lost from now running around outside, I want for someone to have an ability to have a number to contact us (even though he had been microchipped). I already had the tag engraved at Walmart and not at a cheap price. After talking to Kevin last night, he told me where Zeppelin's collar from when he was a kitten was, and I put that on him, but it was stretched out to the max; that's why I went to get another one.

I'm also designing the inside cover page of my journal. So far it's a sea turtle and some fish.