I Miss You

Day Eighteen

Good evening, dear,

I did not want to get out of bed this morning. I was going to get up and take a shower, but I opted for just making my breakfast and getting ready for work.

Work wasn't extremely awful. It was just me, my boss, and two key-holders there until about 1:30. It was the other key-holder and my boss left not long after that. I'm hoping she won't come in tomorrow; she said she's in overtime anyways.

My shift started off by finishing shipment, then rolling men's, and we were swamped with customers today. I helped a lot of people. One lady was really rude. I didn't help her, but she was at the register when I went to throw something away.

A key-holder had just went to the back to get the mate to her shoe (she had gotten it from outside) and the lady asked if the key-holder was the store manager. I told her she was one of the managers and I could get the store one if she wanted me to. The lady muttered something under her breath which I assumed was an insult and I replied, "I'm sorry?" She snapped back, "Nothing. I just want my shoes so I can get out of here." Rude.

I went to the back because her attitude pissed me off. I mean, we have to put those shoes in the back to prevent theft. On top of that, she had to wait in line and that made her huffy-puffy. That's retail though.

I'm sorry I missed your call. I had been at work for two hours when you called me and your voicemail melted my heart; it was so sweet.

After work, I went to Walmart to buy some groceries before heading back to the house. I got to hold the puppy and she sat in my lap in the bedroom since she kept whining for attention. I like her, she's a sweetheart.

I spent an hour and a half working on the drawing in the journal. Most of it has been spontaneous, but it keeps me busy. I just have to finish the background now and some last little details. I did most of it while waiting on your call.

I jumped when I heard the phone ring because the house has been mostly quiet, minus me coloring with Sharpies and Zeppelin's bell.

I have a distaste for those phones you use; they make the call break up badly and frankly hard to talk. It's still lovely to hear your voice though; it puts a smile on my face.

Sweet dreams, my dear. It's less than a week until I see you once again. Goodnight. I love you.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tax free weekend is coming up here in Virginia and everyone has their pants in a twist.