I Miss You

Day Nineteen

Good evening, dear,

Today was not very interesting. My alarm went off at 8:30, I reset it for 9 and went back to sleep. I really debated whether or not to get out of bed. I did though and went to work.

Work wasn't awful, I did end up mad on more than one occasion though. The first was when I found out a brand new employee is running the register with ease. She's been there maybe two weeks and in the same amount of time, I was ripped off the register and told I wasn't trusted to run it. I almost quit right then and there.

The second circumstance is that this is one of those times of year that customers think they have the right to act shitty. Yes, I know your kids need new shoes for school, ma'am, but no matter how much you yell in my face will not make their size appear in that shoe.

Tax free is literally a hellish weekend.

Luckily, I only had to deal with one person like that today and she was looking for shoes for herself. She came to us for a question and when one of the key-holders misheard her, she threw a fit saying that she didn't need help and she was fine on her own. We don't even carry what she was looking for which was non-slip shoes in a size four or five. She made me want to beyond leave and it was only 1 by that point.

The last hour of work, I was starving and went straight to Arby's when I was able to leave. Your dad and I talked for a while and then you called and he was laughing at how excited I was. Later, he went to the store and I was on puppy sitting duty, but that was fine because she was still sleeping on the bed from earlier. I woke her up and carried her into the living room only for her to follow me back into the bedroom. I think she's becoming attached to me by this point.

Zeppelin went outside earlier for a really long time. Your dad gave him and Scarlett a bath. We took both the animals outside and when it was time to come back in, Zeppelin refused. I grabbed his collar to nudge him, forgot it was a break-away and it popped off. I tried to incite him with treats, but he just took then and ran. Sneaky cat. He finally came back in and it only took me a few minutes to put his collar back on.

He jumped on the desk when you called and has since fallen asleep there. He seems comfortable so I just decided to write on the bed. He's so soft from the bath; I know he doesn't like them, but sometimes they're needed.

I'm hoping for the best tomorrow; I know I'll probably need all the good thoughts I'm going to get. Sleep well, dear. We only have to survive the weekend now. Sweet dreams. I love you.