I Miss You

Day Twenty-One

Good evening, darling,

Almost the same as yesterday, my morning has been lazy. I woke up at 10 with the cat curled up behind my knees. When he realized I was awake, he started walking on me and meowing. I climbed out of bed and your dad was cleaning up around the house. He took the furniture off the back porch and stared cleaning up the spare room. He's throwing some stuff away and is donating others to Goodwill.

He also checked my headlights for me. He thought it might be a fuse and he went to go get me a new one. They said it'd be in later in the day so he'll fix it for me tomorrow.

I'm glad I got to talk to you before going into work today; I've been stressing slightly due to my dumbass coworker, but I'm hoping for the best. There may be a lot of snooty people buying shoes for their kids, but there's always the ones who are pretty nice and friendly and actually thank me for my assistance in finding what they're looking for.

Well, I don't have to worrk about that anymore as I am now jobless. Your dad came in and had a discussion with John which resulted in my boss coming back in. She told me the matter had to be reported to home office and it would result in chaos. I knew I was going to lose my job for not reporting the harassment and having an affair with my coworker while employed.

I got at least six hours, a lot of tears, and a panic attack out of it.

I had been planning on quitting anyways as you know.

Your dad and I talked on the front porch for a few hours after I got home. He gave me a hug and told me everything was going to be taken care of. Your mom told me something similar and that makes me feel great. I feel like so many pounds have been lifted off my shoulders due to this. I mean, the situation was bad and I had to admit my affair to my boss, but I'm better now. I feel like I can breathe again.

I'm glad I now get to see you tomorrow; I'm excited as per usual. I'm debating on if I should dress nice or not; I mean, I'm going to be in tank tops mostly for the next few days since I'll be seeing you then. I'm just really hoping for the best now that I feel better.

Goodnight, my dear. I hope you sleep well. I'll see you tomorrow. I love you.
♠ ♠ ♠
The story goes as such:

Kevin's dad came to fix the fuse on my car as he had picked it up. He showed up just in time for me to go on break. I did not inform Kevin's dad of what happened yesterday, but I did inform Kevin earlier in the day. Kevin's dad stared down John and had a talk with him after I got off break. My boss had left for the day by this point...

Boss comes back in three hours later and tells me to come to back. Asks me what happened, why I didn't report it, when the affair was (November 2016 to April 2017), etc. She told me that due to the fact it happened on company time, she'd have to report it to home office. I was crying as I knew I was going to lose my job and she told me to take a break, calm down, and then come back to work.

I went to my car, called Kevin's dad, talked to him, talked to my parents when they showed up randomly, smoked a cigarette, and made my final decision. I talked to my boss and told her that I was quitting which resulted in her calling the home office lady again asking what paperwork I needed to fill out due to this ordeal. I had to write a paragraph on a blank sheet of paper stating why I was leaving (which I had been planning this anyways). My boss wished me the best of luck and I went on my merry was.

Was John fired on the spot? I have no idea; his car was no longer in the parking lot though when I left. I know I'll be getting a call from home office about this and I understand and I'll tell them the same thing I told my boss; I asked to not be touched that way and he did it anyways.

So fuck it.