I Miss You

Day One

Good evening, sweetheart,

Today was a rough day. I woke up at 10 this morning snuggled up with your shorts (the irony). The bed was kind of cold and lonely and I didn't sleep very well last night. After I laid down, I texted one of my friends until about midnight before finally going to bed.

Work today... I was there my whole shift - 12 to 6:40 - and during that time I was moody. Apparently, with all the new hires, they still haven't finished rolling; I did that most of my shift in a skirt. That coworker you know I don't like very much was supposed to be helping me, but wandered off for 30 minutes. When she came back, she pissed me off and I wanted to walk out. Instead, I went outside and straightened the tables.

I kept to myself most of my shift, but still sold over $700. That's a feat for one of my bad days.

After work, I went to Arbys and got dinner.

I was shocked by a text message from John. He had the audacity to ask me if I wanted to meet up and "hang out." Needless to say, I shot him down pretty quick. I'm not interested in fooling around with anyone at all anymore; minus you, of course.

Bruised his ego while I was at it also; apparently he doesn't like being told that there's someone better than him.

Changing subject, I decided to use a recipe that my stepmother has, to cook; it's called hamburger pie and when she makes it, it's perfect. I'm gonna go to Kroger tomorrow and get the ingredients; don't know if I'll make it tomorrow or Tuesday though. I'd like to clean up a little tomorrow if I'm feeling up to it; I'm trying to stay busy while you're gone.

I hope your first full day went well. I've been thinking about you all day. I love you. Only 7 more days until your first visitation!

Sleep well tonight, dear. Maybe we'll find each other in our dreams.
♠ ♠ ♠
Touching on some things:

Once upon a time, I came home to find my boyfriend sleeping with a pair of my shorts. He left his on the bed before we took him to the facility and I didn't realize they were there until after I got in bed last night. The irony is I caught him sleeping with my shorts and now I'm sleeping with his.

My goal for my shift if I had worked a full 6 hours was $624; since I was over that, it was brought over into the extra 40 minutes I worked. I think I did about $780 today, to estimate. Also, the term "rolling" is for when we're stocking the shelves, putting in new shoes, filling the holes that customers have left by buying shoes.

John is not this boy's full name, but it's close to it. During my previous relationship, I used to fool around with him when my former boyfriend and I weren't sleeping with each other. Bad choice, I know, but in the end, John ended up being rude anyways. I learned my lesson after the last time we "hung out."

I'm also not that good of a cook so the hamburger pie is going to be essentially the first thing I've done on my own. I found a recipe in a cookbook that I have, but I wanted to find out my stepmother's to see if it was any different or the same. Another note, I clean his and his father's house during the weekdays while I'm here alone; I enjoy it actually.