I Miss You

Day Four

Good evening, darling,

Today was a little frustrating for me. I woke up at 11 and met my aunt in town. She was telling me about a recovery program at her church and she gave me some information on it. It's mostly church based (which lost my interest), but I'm going to save the info in case you might be interested in going.

I tried on another set of fake nails today. This set doesn't have the clear in them so you can't see the glue, which makes me less likely to pick at them. Usually, if there's some kind of flaw with my nails, the polish or fake nails start to come off. It's a nervous habit, but I also more or less need perfection with my nails.

So, I thought I was going out to Amber today, but it's six now and I haven't heard from her since 12. Apparently, her new boyfriend lives down the road and they ended up in North Carolina somehow. If I knew I was going to third wheel, I wouldn't have accepted her offer to go out. If I don't hear from her, this will be the fourth time she's cancelled on me since we graduated in 2016.

I'm frustrated because I dressed nicely; I'm wearing my blue/white tie dye dress, and I worked hard to get my makeup this nice. I tested out a new silver glitter I bought and paired it with dark blue. My eyebrows are even perfect!

I mean, I've known her for a long time, but damn.

Random things that happened today:

Zeppelin surprised me with a hairball when I woke up.

Your canoe is coming tomorrow; finally.

I downloaded an app on my phone and I now have a cat constantly on my screen; I named her Treasure. She's kind of a reminder/personal assistant. You can ask her to open apps, make calls, etc. I can also pet her while she's on the screen and that cheers me up a little. You can have other pets and I'm eyeing a Ragdoll that I can get, but I have to earn enough "money" to get them. I can dream for now though.

Another thing I forgot to mention, Zeppelin has been picking up and moving his water bowl around. I noticed it yesterday when I shut him in the room and came back to it laying against the door; he made me spill it in the doorway. I tripped over it after I got out of the shower because he had moved it again.

I've never seen him do that before; such an odd cat.

He did crawl up in bed with me last night after I laid down. He stood on my chest and I petted him; even ended up with some kitty drool on my face which was marvelous as always.

Amber finally contacted me around 7:30. We went to one of the Mexican places and got dinner and talked for a while; we had a lot of catching up to do. We went to Walmart for a while and we almost got the lion; it gets so close each time though.

She said she spends more time down here now so if we all wanted to get something to eat one day, we could. I missed her quite a bit.

Well, I'm going to head off to bed; the canoe is supposed to arrive between 9 and 1 tomorrow so I have to wake up early.

Sleep well, my dear. We're only a few days from seeing each other once again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Touching on things:

I ended up not third-wheeling. It was just Amber and I.

The app I downloaded was HelloPet off the Google Play store. It's fun to play around with and I like having a cat running around my screen giving me reminders.

The canoe has been something Kevin has been talking about getting since we got together. He finally ordered it and it's finally coming around tomorrow. I'll be glad when we finally get the thing so I can stop worrying about it.