I Miss You

Day Six

Good evening, dear,

I sleep pretty well last night, but I wouldn't doubt why; I was exhausted from work. I woke up to Zeppelin meowing loudly from your clothes basket; apparently, I was sleeping too long and he wanted his food.

This cat eats so much and I've never realized it before. I see why thought with the amount he runs around. His little canned food this morning was fish and it didn't help me any by getting it on my hands. The smell was lovely.

I didn't do much today besides make cookies and wash clothes. I didn't have many to wash so I ended up throwing the last of yours downstairs in with mine. I kind of wanted the basket to throw mine in for the time being as I didn't want to pull out the box again and have two just casually laying in the floor. I know that ends up cluttering things quite a bit.

It was really hot today; would have been a nice day to be at the pool.

I ended up wearing my pink shirt with flowers on it. I felt in the mood for adding some pinks and lilacs to my makeup today. Luckily, Walmart clearance had the perfect palette for that.

Your dad told me that you're getting out the 12th of August and I'm so happy I now have a date to look forward to. I hate having an undisclosed amount of time; I prefer to know when things are going to happen.

Jocey passed away before I went to work. She got her head stuck in a chip bag and suffocated. Your dad was on the phone with your mom when it happened. Your dad is really upset and I cried also because even though she was a pain, she could be sweet at times. It's just something so unexpected though.

Your dad took her to be cremated and currently, Zeppelin is wandering around as if he doesn't know what to do with himself. I know they were good friends and he's in another state of mourning as he was when you left.

Work today was awful. My boss told me I may not get one Sunday off due to tax free weekend coming up. I sold a total of $0 today which is the least amount I've sold in the entire year I've been at that damn shoe store.

The upside though was that I got to roll with Megan, who apparently hates her job as much as I do; and she actually has keys. We talked a majority of the time and were both frustrated because we didn't leave until 10. At this point, I want to quit so bad.

Today was a mess and I have another four hour shift to look forward to tomorrow.

Well, dear, I'm going to go try to get some rest. Maybe I'll hear from you tomorrow. I love you more than anything.

Sleep well tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
There really isn't much to say here...

The term "roll" for me at work is us stocking the shelves, filling holes that customers have left, etc.

I want to touch on Jocey's death though. I mean, I mentioned in my entry yesterday about her running after the people delivering the canoe and today... Well, her passing was tragic. I talked to his father after I got off work and I failed to mention that in my entry today. He's taking her death hard and I wouldn't doubt why. We never thought something so small like a bag of chips could end up doing that to her... She was only a year old.

I'll remember Jojo well because just today, I threw a cookie at her and she caught it. She listened to me when I told her to sit. When I'd take her outside during the day, she'd roll around in the grass and chase the cat if he was also out there with us. Just an hour before her passing, Kevin's dad was talking to me and she was pulling cat toys out of the box in the bedroom and running around with them. It's insane how life ended up like that. I hope she's running around the rainbow bridge with my former dogs and I hope she knows that she had a great life and she was well loved by Kevin's father, me, and probably even Kevin.

Rest in peace, Jocey.