I Miss You

Day Seven

Good evening, dear,

Today was a pretty great day. I woke up this morning at 12 and took a shower; I had to be at work at 3. I didn't do much before work, mostly laid in bed and played on Facebook.

Work was fine today; I noticed I was one of the few with four hour shifts. I spent most of my time rolling with Megan and we talked most of the time. It went by rather quickly as I was helping customers and lifting boxes. I'm not sure how much I sold, but I know it wasn't enough to make up for yesterday's failure.

I also met a new coworker; her name is Kenya and she's 18; I'm no longer the baby at work.

I loved hearing your voice today; I missed it so much. I was glad when you called me twice just to talk and it made me feel special knowing that you sleep with my shirt.

Honestly, a part of me was scared you wouldn't call and that this experience would distance us, but you know my anxiety is an ass all the time.

I know you want a piece of me to carry with you so I grabbed my class ring. I haven't worn it in forever, but it stayed on my hand constantly for three years; I never went anywhere without it. It's still meaningful to me though and I hope it brings you comfort.

When I went to my house, I grabbed some more clothes, my packages, and I printed off a few (shitty) pictures for you off my previous dinosaur of a laptop. They're not too fancy, but sadly I didn't have the time to have them printed somewhere else. I hope these will do.

The drive back wasn't awful, everyone was asleep when I left so I wasn't able to say goodbyes.

Oh well, it's past midnight and I'm going to try to wake up at 8.

Have sweet dreams, dear. I love you. Goodnight.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was the "baby" at work for seven months before they hired someone who was 17 (I was 18 at the time). He worked there for a month and I resumed being the baby up until now. There's the girl I mentioned who is 18, and there's another new guy who is 17.

Kevin was able to make his first phone calls today which made me so happy. He called me twice (after I got off work and then later when I was at my family home) and that just kind of made my entire day.

He told me that one of the guys who is also in the facility has a bandanna that belongs to his girlfriend. Kevin thought it was a cute idea to have something of mine (even though he has my shirt to sleep with) to carry around with him. I got the idea of putting my class ring on a simple chain necklace that he wears and he can carry it around with him.

He wanted pictures, but I wasn't able to go to the local CVS to get some printed out; I ended up using a computer and simple paper to print him two pictures of Zeppelin and one of the two of us together.