The Other Me

1/1

There is someone in my head, but it's not me. I can't go on anymore. I can't take hearing the voices hissing in my ears.

'Worthless.'

'Ugly'

'They hate you.'

'Unlovable.'

'Just fucking die already!'

STOP! I can't take it anymore, I hear you loud and clear. No one else can hear them, but I can... they haunt me late at night and when I least expect it. No one else knows the pain and torture I am dealing with. My family and friends would think I was crazy and treat me different if they found out.

They tell me to cut, and I cut. They tell me awful things about myself and I believe them... why is this happening? I'm scared, alone and suffering. I don't want to be left alone with them anymore.

I now stand on the tallest bridge in town at the dead of night, there's no one around to stop me and that's okay. I look down at the murky water gently streaming along.

'Jump.' One of them hissed in my head.

'What are you waiting for?' Another voice shouted.

'Jump, jump, jump,' All the different tones shouted together.

"SHUT UP!" I screamed, grabbing my head and shutting my eyes tight.

'Jump, jump, jump' they continued to chant, ignoring my pleas to stop and growing louder.

Tears streamed down my face and I took a deep breath, looking straight forward as I gently closed my eyes.

"No more..." I whispered and then I jumped.