Steal My Heart

You're fired

Lily's Boss mouth kept moving, but she had long since tuned him out, she didn't understand why he hated her so much, wait she did it was because she turned him down when he asked her out a few weeks ago and since then had gone out of his way to make her life so miserable. Her boss continued to rant at her but she just shook her head, they didn't pay her enough to take this crap, four weeks on the job and she was ready to throw herself out the window.

It will be fun they said, it will be interesting they said, becoming a lawyer would be the making of her they said. They all lied, she hated every minute of it, she only followed her father into law to please him, but not anymore she was just done trying to please everyone.

" Is that so hard to understand?,..am I getting through to you?" Her boss yelled at her " When I said I wanted a Latte from Starbucks, I didn't mean a cheap knock off" he added.

Lily forced a smile on her face " Chill out you will give yourself a heart attack, its just coffee" she replied, knowing it would just wind her boss up even more.

" I want what I ask for not this shit you keep getting me" Her boss spat angrily at her, his eyes almost bulging out of his head, Lily almost laughed.

Over at her desk, her boss's Personal assistant sank lower into her chair, in case he switched his attention to her, she probably wasn't getting paid enough either only a complete brainless idiot would enjoy all this abuse every day on such a low salary. Lily hadn't even wanted this job but her father had told her it would help her to secure her future he lied, this job had bought her nothing but misery.

" Miss Davis are you even listening to me?" Her boss yelled, his face getting redder as each second passed, he was ready to explode and she wanted to be gone before that happened.

Lily just nodded her head just wanting her stupid boss to leave her alone, he always found ways to pick on her and she was sick of it.

" I want you to go and get me the coffee I asked you to get me the first time round" he demanded.

Lily stayed in her seat she wasn't about to do her boss any favors not after he had been yelling at her for the last hour, plus she wanted to give him a reason to sack her, she hated this job and wanted to leave.

" Get it yourself" Lily replied sounding braver than she felt right now.

Her boss looked over at his Personal assistant who had hid behind her computer hoping he would leave her out of his little tantrums " I pay you so get my coffee now" she yelled at Lily.

" Yes you do pay me, but I am not here to pick up your coffee, dry cleaning, kids or all the other million things you have asked me to do" Lily smiled coldly.

The silence in the room was deafening, Lily smiled as her boss's face went even redder if that was possible " I only hired you, because your father asked me too" he sneered at her

" Well there was your first mistake" Lily smirked, standing up and collecting her things, she didn't want to work for this idiot anymore.

Her boss watched as she cleared her desk " You are fired" he spat at her,before he stormed away into his office, slamming the door shut behind him.

Lily laughed as she walked out, she said goodbye to Penny, feeling a little sorry for that she was stuck with that monster currently throwing things around in his office.

***

Lily was making her way out the building when someone knocked her down, she cursed a little as she looked up at the man, who wore an arrogant smile on his face, she frowned staring up at him, she knew who he was well not exactly she saw him around the office a few times, he was friends with Mr jackass he would come to the office at least once a week.

" You need to watch where you are going" Lily hissed at him, slowly getting to her feet, of course the arrogant idiot just stood there and stared at her.

Cristiano smirked at the angry girl in front of him " You walked right into me sweetheart" he replied " I mean I know its hard not to get distracted by my good looks" he added.

Lily rolled her eyes she had just left one arrogant asshole just to bump into another one, her day was just going from bad to worse " All you had to do was say sorry like most normal people" she spat at him.

" I am not most normal people, I am Cristiano Ronaldo" he replied, smirking.

Lily wanted to wipe that smirk of Cristiano's face it just wound her up even more, she was sick of arrogant men that think they could do whatever they wanted " Is that supposed to mean something to me?" she asked.

The smirk fell from Cristiano's face " You don't know who I am?" he asked in disbelief, everyone in Madrid knew who he was, hell most of the world knew his name.

" I have no idea who you are" Lily replied.

Cristiano frowned as he stared at Lily " I am a well known footballer" he said.

" I hate football" Lily replied, scrunching her nose up a little.

Cristiano shook his head he couldn't believe this girl had never heard of him " Well you are missing out"he smiled smugly.

Lily laughed sarcastically " If you are the best football has to offer, I think I an do without" she replied, then walked away from Cristiano not bothering to wait for a reply.

Jorge Mendes had witnessed the exchange between Cristiano and that brown haired girl and he liked the way she stood her ground with him, maybe there was still time to get around to hiring someone to look after Cristiano. After the last few months of partying and genuinely not caring about anything, it was time someone tried to sort Cristiano out, it was clear his family were struggling so maybe someone outside the family would work, he would need to find out who that girl was to arrange an interview.

***

Lily tried to block out her fathers yells but it was hard to do when he was standing in front of her waving his hands in her face, she knew that he wasn't going to be happy about losing her job again but she didn't care, she was sick and tired of trying to please her father, she wanted to do what was right for her, not was right for him.

" You don't realize how long it took me to set that job up for you" Matthew yelled at his daughter.

Lily sighed a little as she stared down at the floor " I wasn't happy there Dad" she admitted " My boss treated me like his own personal slave" she added.

" Lily when you are first starting out, you have to start from the bottom" Matthew replied.

Lily didn't have any problems starting from the bottom what she did have a problem was her boss treating her like dirt because she rejected him. " I just don't think I am cut out to be a lawyer" she said quietly.

"Now you are just being silly" Matthew said, not willing to hear Lily out.

Lily looked to her mum for help, but she just shook her head and silently went back to reading her book, she was sick of no one fighting her corner " Dad I don't want to be a Lawyer" she mumbled.

" You can't give up your dream" Matthew yelled loudly.

Lily laughed a little " I am not giving up my dream, I am giving up yours" she replied.

" You silly girl, I have spent a lot to get you where you are today, you are an ungrateful brat" Matthew hissed at his daughter.

Lily flinched a little at the harshness of her fathers words " I will pay you back every penny" she replied.

" Too right you will" Matthew muttered as he stormed out the room.

Lily shook her head as she got up to follow him, she didn't want to fall out with her parents over her career path, she looked at her mother hoping she would understand.

" I am doing this for me" Lily said, not sure who she was trying to convince herself or her mother.

Mary smiled at Lily, she fully supported whatever decision Lily made, her husband would come around eventually " He just needs time" she replied.

" He has my two brothers in Law so I don't get why he is so bothered that one of us don't want to do law" Lily sighed.

Mary put her book down " I think he just wanted you all to be in law and build a little unit together, your father just got carried away" she said.

" Well that isn't my fault" Lily mumbled, as she headed out, she needed a little space to think about what she was going to do next, the fact she didn't know what she wanted to do with her life now scared her a little.

***

Lily yawned a little as she made her way to her small apartment, after walking around for a few hours clearing her head, she decided it was probably best to head home and start searching for a new job.

" Miss Davis"

Lily looked up and saw and oldish looking man walking towards her, well oldish she would say he was in his early fifties. " Can I help you with something?" she asked

" Hi, My name is Jorge Mendes" he said, holding his hand out for lily to shake.

Lilly politely shook the mans hand wondering what he wanted " How do you know my name?" she asked, a little worried she had never seen this man in her life.

" I saw you talking to my client today" Jorge replied.

Lily groaned as she remembered her encounter with that ghastly man " We didn't really talk" she said. " He was bragging about himself" she sneered.

Jorge smiled at Lily, he could tell she didn't like Cristiano all that much, which was why she would be the perfect person to whip Cristiano into shape " That is just typical Cristano" he chuckled.

Lily rolled her eyes as she looked at her watch " He didn't send you did he?" she asked.

Jorge shook his head " No, I came here because I want to offer you a job" he answered carefully.

" You want to offer me a job? " Lily asked,a little confused, " Working for him?" she added.

Jorge knew if he said yes the chances of her accepting the job would be slim to none " You will be working for me, not Cristiano" he lied.

Lily knew she was in no position to turn down work, but she wasn't sure if she believed Jorge " Can I think about it?" she asked.

Jorge nodded his head and pulled out a bit of paper and wrote a number and address on it " This will be where you will find me, I hope to hear from you soon" he smiled.

Lily watched as Jorge walked away, she clasped the paper tightly in her hand, not sure what she was going to do, it could be months before she was offered work again, she really was in no position to turn down work, she stared down at the bit of paper knowing she was going to have to accept this man offer, even if it was only for a few months it was better than not working at all.