Steal My Heart

I don't Need You

" So how is David?" Matthew asked his daughter, since Lily had turned away from Law he hadn't taken much to do with her life these days, but he had liked her boyfriend and hoped that a wedding would be in the near future.

Lily took a long gulp of her wine, so far dinner with her family had been stressful, her dad and two brothers had kept on at her for giving up their choice career for her and just for once she wished her mother would back her up, it was so unfair how her father and brothers thought it was okay to try bully her back into law.

" David and I broke up weeks ago" Lily replied.

Mary wasn't surprised to hear that, she knew Lily heart wasn't in it after David had cheated on her and she was a little happy that Lily had the courage to end things.

" David was so good for you Lily" Jason told his sister.

Lily shook her head at her brother " He cheated on me Jason how is that good for me?" she asked.

Matthew glared at his daughter " You keep chucking things away that is good for you" he said coldly, ignoring the warning look his wife gave him.

" No I am chucking away the things that you deemed good for me and that is the issue here" Lily snapped at her father.

An awkward silence fell across the room, Lily looked towards her mother for help, but like usual she just shook her head and stared down at her plate.

" David was a decent man, he made a mistake but you never gave him a chance to fix things" Matthew muttered angrily.

Lily glared at her father, her anger beginning to boil over " I did give him a chance but it was too late It was over the minute he cheated on me" she yelled.

" Calm down Lily" Robert said quietly.

Glancing at her older brother she wished that for once they would be on her side " I will be calm when you all stop trying to force me into being something that I am not" she snapped, pushing her chair back and got to her feet, she was done with this dinner.

" Lily where do you think you are going?" Matthew asked.

Lily smiled at her father " Anywhere you are not sounds pretty good right now" she replied, before she stormed out of the house, ignoring the yells to come back, she needed a stiff drink after that awful family meal and she knew just the place where her family would not come looking for her. Cristiano had taken her to the bar for lunch a few weeks a go and she had liked it so much, she had gone back a couple of times in the last week.

***

"Another" Lily slurred, she was more than a little drunk and she didn't care that she had to be up early for work tomorrow she just wanted to get drunk.

The barman looked at Lily " Are you sure that is a good idea?" he asked.

" Just pour me another drink" Lily muttered, offering the barman some money.

The barman reluctantly poured Lily another drink " Make this one your last one okay" he said.

Lily just nodded her head and lifted her glass to her mouth, but the glass was gently pulled from her hands. Frowning Lily looked to her left and squinted her eyes at Cristiano " I was drinking that" she told him.

Cristiano shook his head as he handed the glass back to the barman, he had been watching Lily for the last hour, she had heen drinking herself stupid " I think you have had enough" he said gently.

Lily narrowed her eyes at Cristiano " You don't get to tell me what to do, you are not my family, friend or Boyfriend" she slurred " You are my boss that is all" she added with a slight sneer. She was still annoyed at him for the other morning, she had stayed in that night and looked after him when he had been drunk, when it wasn't her place yet he acted like she was in the wrong, he had spent the last few days avoiding her.

" I am just looking out for you" Cristiano said, glancing over at Irina she was still on the phone to her sister and would be for a while.

Lily laughed loudly " I don't need you of all people looking out for me" she retorted.

" Someone should, you are in no state to look after yourself tonight" Cristiano replied, gently helping Lily to her feet.

Lily felt a little dizzy maybe she had drunk a little too much tonight " Where are you taking me?" she asked.

" I am going take you home" Cristiano replied, wrapping his arm around Lily's waist.

Lily giggled as she stared up at Cristiano " You don't even know where I live and I am not telling you" she sang loudly.

" Then you will just have to come home with me" Cristiano sighed.

Lily shook her head she wanted her own bed " I think my own house will be just fine" she replied, as her eyes landed on Irina who was walking towards them and she didn't look best pleased.

" What the hell is going on here" Irina demanded, looking at Cristiano.

Lily smiled at Irinia, forgetting that she hated the model " I was at the bar minding my own business she said.

" I couldn't leave her at the bar Irina, she is totally drunk" Cristiano replied.

Irina glared at Lily annoyed that their date was ruined by Cristiano's crappy assistant " Cristiano, Lily is a big girl am sure she can handle herself" she said.

" That is what I have been trying to tell him" Lily giggled.

Cristiano just shook his head " Lily is coming with us and that is the end of this discussion" he said.

" Do you even know where she stays?" Irina asked, she hadn't been impressed when she had heard from Cristiano's brother Hugo that Lily had stayed over a few nights ago when Cristiano had been drunk, she had just thought that Lily would see him to bed and just leave.

Lily gasped loudly when the cold air hit her face when they stepped outside " No he does not" she replied.

" I guess Lily will be coming home with us" Cristiano sighed.

Irina shook her head " Great" she muttered sarcastically and walked a ahead of them.

Lily giggled again " I don't think your girlfriend likes me very much" she whispered.

" She doesn't like many people" Cristiano replied.

Lily frowned a little " Then why do you stay with her?" she asked " You cheat on her all the time so what is the point in being with her? she added.

" Could you lower your tone" Cristiano hissed at Lily, as he helped her towards his car.

Irina didn't even look at them, as Cristiano unlocked the car " I think you should take me home" Lily slurred.

" Well if you tell me where you live I gladly drive you home" Cristiano replied.

Lily climbed into the car and gave Cristiano her address, she closed her eyes and leaned her head back against the seat, she listened to Irina bitch at Cristiano for a few minutes she really did not get those two as a couple, all they did was argue.

***
Lily opened her eyes just as Cristiano stopped the car outside her house, he told Irina he would only be a few minutes making sure Lily got inside okay. He helped Lily out the car, she pushed him away a little she could manage on her own, even if she was stumbling a badly. She struggled to find her keys, Cristiano eventually took pity on her and grabbed her bag and after a few seconds he pulled her keys out and opened the front door for her.

Stumbling into the house, Lily didn't wait to see if Cristiano followed her inside, she stared to unbutton her shirt, ready for bed. Cristiano closed the door behind him gently and followed Lily just wanting to make sure she was okay.

Cristiano found Lily in the kitchen her blouse undone pouring herself a glass of water " Are you okay" he asked.

Lily finished her water, wiping her mouth she just shrugged her shoulders " Define okay" she laughed uncontrollably

" What or who has got you into this state?" Cristiano asked, keeping his eyes on Lily's face.

Lily stared at Cristiano, her smile fell a little " You are my boss this really doesn't concern you" she replied quietly.

" It does when you are drinking heavily the night before work" Cristiano sighed.

Lily put her hand to her mouth, feeling a little sick " Its family matters" she muttered.

Cristiano's phone vibrated in his pocket but he just ignored it he knew who it would be " If you want to talk about it I am a good listener" he offered.

Shaking her head Lily took a step closer to Cristiano " No I can't confide in you, we are not friends" she slurred.

" We could be" Cristiano smiled.

Lily shook her head again " We can never be friends, you are my boss" she replied.

" Okay have it your way" Cristiano said turning to go.

Lily reached for Cristiano's arm " I am sorry just ignore me, I am just drink and upset" she replied.

Cristiano pushed some hair out of Lily's eyes " You should probably go to bed"he suggested.

" Yeah I think that is for the best" Lily mumbled, as she took a step closer to Cristiano " Thanks for bringing me home" she whispered, leaning up to kiss his cheek, but he turned his face and her lips landed on his.

Just for a few seconds Lily felt Cristiano kiss her back, his arms went around her and just as quickly as it started It ended, Lily pushed Crisiano away staring at him in shock, she hadn't intended on kissing him.

" I think I better go" Cristiano muttered, not looking at Lily as he quickly made his way out of her house, he knew she was drunk but that kiss felt a lot more than what it was. Shaking his head he decided he was just going to pass it off as a drunken kiss and forget all about it.

Lily placed her fingers on her lips, kicking herself for being so stupid for kissing her boss, she was drunk, but what was Cristiano's excuse he kissed her back, she felt it. Tomorrow was going to be as awkward as hell for her but she hoped that Cristiano would pretend like it never happened so they would not to talk about it, it was not going to happen again she would make sure of that.