Steal My Heart

Distracted

Lily watched as Cristiano placed his arm around Irina, and pulled her in for a hug, he pressed a soft kiss to her head then pulled away. He briefly looked towards Lily, a guarded look on his face, he had been avoiding her for days since that night she had kissed him, he had chosen to completely ignore her, whenever she walked into a room. His family were starting to notice there was a problem, Cristiano was making it blatantly obvious every time Lily walked in a room, he walked out of it. Lily had tried to apologize for kissing him, but he just kept ignoring her that in the end she just gave up trying to sort things out and just got on with what she was paid to do.

" How do you feel about a week in Miami?" Cristiano asked Irina.

Irina smiled at Cristiano just glad that he was putting her first for once, she had noticed he had been a little distracted lately and just wanted to spend some alone time with him to reconnect. " I would love nothing more" she replied. " It will just be us two right?" she asked.

Cristiano nodded his head, as he glanced at Lily again, he needed to put some between them, that kiss in her kitchen had thrown him a little and he wanted to forget all about it " Yeah just you and me" he replied. " Lily can you arrange it?" he asked.

Lily nodded her head but didn't say anything, she just found it really amusing that after months of moaning about his rude girlfriend that he would be willing to go away for a romantic break with her, shaking her head she didn't know why she was so bothered about it, he was nothing but her boss to her and it was time to remember that.

" I will go and do it now" Lily replied, as her phone vibrated on the table, she picked it up and her brow raised high after seeing she had a notification from Neymar, he had requested to follow her on Instagram, she shrieked loudly without meaning too.

Irina stared oddly at Lily wondering what had got her so excited " What is wrong with you?" she asked.

Lily looked up from her phone, a huge smile on her face " Neymar has just requested to follow me" she replied.

An odd look Crossed Cristiano's face " It could be be a fake" he scoffed.

Lily stared down at her phone again, the blue cross at Neymar's name told her it wasn't a fake " It looks genuine to me" she shrugged, showing Cristiano her phone.

" Why would he want to follow you?" Cristiano sneered a little.

Dolores rolled her eyes at her son's question, she knew her son all too well, it was obvious he was jealous but he would never admit it.

" Maybe because he likes me?" Lily grinned as she accepted Neymar's request.

Cristiano frowned at Lily " I thought you don't like football" he said.

" I don't but Neymar seemed so nice at that awards gala" Lily smiled, noticing that this was the most Cristiano had spoken to her in days.

Cristiano just shook his head as he looked away from Lily " Don't you have work to do?" he replied harsher than he intended.

Lily smile froze on her face as she stared at Cristiano wanting to retort but knew it won't be worth the hassle " In case you haven't noticed this is my lunch hour" she pointed out.

Cristiano glanced at his watch " Well not anymore, get back to work and don't forget to book my holiday" he snapped at Lily.

" Cristiano you are being a little harsh son" Dolores smiled.

Lily shook her head as she got to her feet " Its fine, I should get back to work" she muttered, leaving the room without looking back at Cristiano, she didn't know what his problem was now but hoped he would snap out of it, she was over that ill advised kiss so he should be too.

***

Lily laughed loudly as Neymar had sent her another picture, it had been a few days since he had started following her, they had regularly been sending each other messages, she liked him, he was fun and she needed a little bit of fun. Cristiano right now was like a bear with a sore head to be around and he would constantly bark at her to get things done, if she didn't need this job, she would have walked days ago.

" What has got you laughing?" Ricky asked, as he stepped into the kitchen.

Lily placed her phone on the table, as she looked at Ricky " Nobody important" she smiled, as she poured some coffee into a cup.

" Nobody important has you smiling like that?" Ricky said with a teasing smile.

Lily blushed a little " Its not like that" she insisted " I don't really know him, its just a bit of fun" she added with a shy smile.

" Who exactly are you having fun with?" Ricky asked.

Lily smirked as she took a sip of her coffee " I told you its nobody important" she said again.

" Come on Lily you can tell me, I thought we were friends" Ricky smiled.

Placing her cup down beside her phone, Lily laughed softly " Okay I will tell you" she replied "Its Neymar" she finally admitted.

Surprise flickered across Ricky's face " As in the Footballer?" he asked, now Cristiano's recent bad mood made sense.

" Yeah I met him when I attended that awards gala with Cristiano and I guess he just found me on Instagram" she replied.

Ricky sighed a little as he leaned against the counter " Do you like him?" he asked.

" I guess but not like that, I don't really know him" Lily smiled, " We have only been exchanging messages for a couple of days" she confessed.

Ricky grinned at Lily " So that explains why you and Cristiano are barely talking" he muttered.

Lily shook her head " Neymar has nothing to do with why Cristiano is not talking to me" she replied " I did something stupid that I wish I could take back" she sighed.

" What did you do?" Ricky asked curiously.

Lily blushed again but refused to even tell Ricky what she did " That is between Cristiano and me" she replied quietly.

" He will tell me eventually" Ricky pointed out.

Lily laughed again but her laughing stopped abruptly when Cristiano yelled out her name and he didn't sound at all happy, in fact he sounded so angry, she shared a look with Ricky.

" What have you done?" he asked again.

Lily shrugged throwing her hands up in the air " I don't know" she mumbled, as Cristiano appeared at the kitchen door, his brown eyes filled with anger.

" Can you give us five minutes Ricky" Cristiano asked, not taking his eyes off Lily, if looks could kill she would be dead.

Ricky nodded his head and smirked at Lily " It was nice knowing you" he said before leaving the room.

***
Cristiano stepped into the room, he slammed the door closed behind Ricky, he leaned against the door as he glared at Lily " What did I ask you to do the other day?" he asked, folding his arms across his chest.

Lily frowned at Cristiano not sure what she was supposed to have done wrong " You will have to remind me, you have asked me to do quite a few things" she replied carefully.

" I asked you to book my week trip with Irina to Miami" Cristiano yelled at Lily.

Lily gasped a little she had forgotten all about that " Oh that" she mumbled " I am so sorry I forgot" she added.

" I asked you to do one thing Lily and you can't even do that" Cristiano yelled again.

Lily stared at Cristiano wondering why he was getting so worked up, she could book his holiday today " Its fine I will book your holiday today I promise" she said in attempt to calm him down.

Cristiano just glared at Lily " This wouldn't have happened if you weren't constantly texting Neymar" he pointed out.

" No this is my fault,It has nothing to do with Neymar" Lily insisted.

Cristiano laughed coldly " How sweet of you to defend Neymar" Cristiano replied with a sarcastic smile. " Tell me why I shouldn't have you fired right now?" he muttered.

" I am good at what I do" Lily replied.

Cristiano moved away from the door " That is debatable, You are always late, don't do what I ask and lets not forget the fact you came onto me" he smiled cruelly.

Lily scoffed a little " A drunken kiss doesn't mean I came onto you, I apologized for that" she sighed, shaking her head. " I can fix your precious week away with Irina today" she smiled weakly.

" You shouldn't have to fix it, When I ask for things to be done, I expect them to be completed" Cristiano replied, a sullen look on his face.

Lily sighed a little as she stared at Cristiano " I have said sorry what more do you want?" she asked, her own temper beginning to rise.

" I want you to do your job" Cristiano yelled loudly, as he stopped close to Lily. " Don't think I haven't noticed how distracted you have been lately and we both know who that is down to" he sneered.

Lily glared at Cristiano " What is your problem?" she asked " I have already told you this has nothing to do with Neymar" she pointed out.

" So you don't like him?" Cristiano asked, his brown eyes fixed on Lily.

Lily sighed deeply shaking her head as she stared down at the floor " I hardly know him, we just send messages and they are all innocent" she yelled back at him. " Who I message really isn't any of your business" she mumbled.

" That is where you are wrong Lily" Cristiano smiled " Who you message while I pay you to work for me is my business" he insisted.

Lily rubbed her head as she looked up at Cristiano " What do you want from me?" she asked.

" I just want you to do your job" Cristiano muttered.

Lily closed her eyes and counted to three before she spoke " Okay no more messaging Neymar while at work" she promised. " I will go and book your week to Miami now" she added with a polite smile on her face.

Pushing past Cristiano, Lily made it to the door before he caught up with her placing his hand on the door to stop her from leaving, standing close to her" This is your final warning, any more mistakes and you are gone" he warned, his mouth close to her ear.

" Fine are you done now?" Lily asked, not liking how close Cristiano was to her right now.

Cristiano nodded his head and pulled his hand away from the door " We are done" he replied.

Lily pulled the door open and glanced back at Cristiano " Great have a nice day" she smiled sarcastically and left the room without waiting for a response annoyed at being called out on her shoddy work, she couldn't even blame him, he had been right in what he said, she had been really bad the past few days, it was time to refocus on what he asked her to do and everything else could wait.