Steal My Heart

Distance

" Yes I would like to cancel" Irina said into the phone, she looked nervously around to make sure no one was listening to her phone conversation " My name?" she asked " Its Lily" she whispered, moving to close Cristiano's bedroom door. She listened to the woman on the other end of the phone telling her once it was cancelled then it was highly likely their booking could go to someone else.

" I understand so has that been cancelled?" Irina asked, waiting for the woman to reply " It is great thanks for your help" she smiled ending the call and putting her phone back in her bag,

Irina needed to get rid of Lily, she saw the looks between Cristiano and Lily when they thought nobody was looking and she didn't like it and knew she had to get rid of Lily before they got any closer so what better way to get rid of her by having Cristiano sack her, for being incompetent at her job, she would just sit back and watch the fireworks.

The door opened and Cristiano walked in, he stifled a yawn as his eyes landed on Irina, sighing a little he was in no mood for another argument " I thought you were going back to your hotel" he muttered, dumping his kit bag down by the bed.

Irina smiled at Cristiano as she walked to him, wrapping her arms around his neck " I thought we could spend some time together before you head back to Portugal for those two games" she replied.

" Aren't you coming back with me?" Cristiano asked.

Irina shook her head " I can't have to go back home family...

" Emergency" Cristiano cut in with a bitter smile, he was all to used to Irina's excuses for not going back to Portugal with him, she rarely visited his home country.

Irina leaned up to kiss Cristiano, hoping to avoid another argument " I will make up for it now" she said, pulling his white T-shirt up a little to reveal his toned stomach.

" I am not in the mood for this Irina" Cristiano muttered as he pushed his shirt back down.

Irina smiled again " I can get you in the mood" she replied suggestively.

Cristiano shook his head as he pushed Irina away from him " I just want to be left alone" he muttered.

" I bet you wouldn't say no if I was a certain person called Lily" Irina sulked.

Cristiano sighed as he looked warily at Irina " What is that supposed to mean?" he asked.

" Oh come on Cristiano do you think I am that stupid?" Irina yelled at him " I see the way you look at her, the way you look after her when she is drunk, never once have you taken of me like that" she yelled at him.

Cristiano flopped back on his bed too tired to argue with his irked girlfriend " I was just looking out for her it doesn't mean anything I am with you, I love you" he sighed.

Irina face softened a little " I love you too, I Just want you to make more time for me" she pouted as she sat down next to Cristiano.

" I will I promise but right now I need to sleep" Cristiano muttered, closing his eyes hoping that Irina had calmed down enough to let him sleep.

***

" You look bored"

Lily looked up from her phone, she had just finished updating all of Cristiano's appointments for the next week it had taken her a while and she was glad that it was done now.

" No just tired" Lily smiled at Ricky.

Ricky grinned back at Lily " So you don't want to come and play football in the garden with us?" he asked.

" I can't play football" Lily laughed as she put her phone down on the desk.

Ricky stepped further into the room " I can teach you and I am sure Cristiano will show you some moves" he joked.

" Cristiano is playing?" Lily asked, " I thought he was too busy with Irina" she added, and quite proud of herself that she kept the jealousy out of her voice.

Ricky chuckled lightly " Jealous?" he asked.

Lily shook her head " Of her please" she scoffed.

" Then come and play with us" Ricky pleaded gently.

Lily looked at the time, she had been working all morning she could do with a break " Fine but I am warning you I am awful at football" she warned, getting to her feet and followed Ricky out to the garden.

Lily need not have worried Cristiano was nowhere to be sound, it was just his son and his cousins that were playing, Lily laughed she was going to get shown up by kids this was going to be fun.

Lily kicked the ball a few times to get a feel for it, then they played for real and she sucked so bad, she couldn't even score from a couple of yards out. Cristiano junior smirked at her, a smirk that wouldn't look out of place on his father, they were so a like it was scary.

" Do you want me to teach you Lily?" Junior asked.

Lily laughed a little " Why not I can't get any worse" she replied, making Ricky laugh from the other side of the garden, they played for a while longer and to Lily's amazement she actually got better and managed to score from a free kick.

" I scored a goal" Lily yelled excitedly as she ran around the garden and came to an abrupt halt when she spotted Cristiano watching them, with a hint of a smile on his face.

Cristiano walked towards Lily ignoring Irina's pleas to come back into the house " Nice free kick" he smirked " Who taught you that?" he asked.

" Your son, I think he is a better footballer than you" Lily said with a teasing smile.

Cristiano just flung his head back and laughed, things between had been a little awkward since their little chat in his car but slowly but surely things seemed to be returning to normal.

" I can prove he is not" Cristiano smirked as he grabbed the ball and took a step closer to Lily.

Irina watched Cristiano walked up to Lily, she saw the smile on their faces and didn't like it " I thought we were going out for lunch" she called out.

Lily briefly glanced at Irina and smiled at the pout on her face " Your girlfriend is waiting" she said, stressing the word girlfriend.

Not taking his eyes off Lily Cristiano smiled " She can wait a little longer, I just want to prove something to you" he replied.

Lily watched as Cristiano ran with the ball, doing some fancy tricks a long the way, she watched him dribbled the ball a few times, and then he scored, turning back to Lily he just winked at her before he jogged to his son and ruffled his hair then made his way back to Irina.

" What a show off" Lily muttered, as she watched Cristiano walk back in the house with Irina.

Ricky just grinned " I told you he was good" he said rather smugly " And you looked like you enjoyed the show, you couldn't take your eyes off him" he added.

" Shut up Ricky" Lily replied rolling her eyes.

Ricky just laughed as he followed Lily back in the house " That was fun" he said.

" Yeah it was" Lily smiled.

***

Lily smiled at Cristiano as he leaned against the door, she walked towards him, a shy smile on her face " Hey" she said before she pulled him in for a kiss.

Cristiano kissed her back, backing her up against his wardrobe, his hands settling on her waist as he lifted her up and carried her over to the bed, pulling away slightly he kissed down her neck " Say you want me" he demanded.

" I want you" Lily moaned.

" Excuse me"

Lily eyes suddenly flew open, she slowly sat up, slightly disappointed that it had all been a dream, she looked over at Cristiano who stood by the door " What did I say?" she asked.

" You said I want you" Cristiano smirked " Good dream?" he asked raising his brow questioningly at her.

Lily blushed a little " I was dreaming about Chris Hemsworth" she grinned.

" Liar" Crstiano said with a taunting smile.

Lily just laughed as she smoothed down her hair that was sticking up a little " What do you want?" she asked.

" I came to ask are you coming back to Portugal with me?" he asked.

Lily nodded her head " Of course I already said I would go, but Victoria is coming with she has a date with Neymar" she smirked. " I may even get her to get his shirt for me" she joked.

" You would really wear his shirt?" Cristiano asked.

Lily just grinned as she leaned back in her chair " Maybe" she replied.

" What if I gave you my shirt?" he asked, taking a step closer to the desk.

Lily shrugged her shoulders " Don't you have Irina?" she asked.

" Irina isn't coming to Portugal with us" Cristiano answered.

" Oh what a shame" Lily smirked.

Cristiano laughed, shaking his head " You know you could at least pretend to like her" he said.

" I don't like Crazy people" Lily joked.

Cristiano moved around the desk and sat on the edge blocking Lily from leaving " What have I said about you calling Irina crazy" he replied.

" I am sorry" Lily giggled, not sounding very sorry at all.

Reaching over Cristiano brushed some hair away from Lily's face " There all better" he smiled.

Lily stared at Cristiano, aware of how close they were right now, all she had to do was lean in a little closer and their faces would be inches apart, she watched as he moved his hand down onto hers, enjoying the feeling a little too much, she frowned a little and pulled away.

" We are playing with fire" Lily warned quietly.

Cristiano just gave Lily an innocent smile " We aren't doing anything wrong" he replied.

" Really so you would like it if Irina was this close to another man?" Lily asked.

Lily saw the look of jealousy in Cristiano's at the mention of Irina with another man, which told her he was still head over heels in love with her " I think you need to leave me alone, this spending time together acting like we friends is wrong" she mumbled " You are my boss for god sake" she added shaking her head, frustrated that she allowed herself grow close to a attached man.

" So what do you want from me Lily?" Cristiano asked " We can't go back to how things were before" he added.

Lily stood up and moved away from Cristiano " I think we need to put some distance between us, go back to a strictly professional relationship" she said quietly.

Cristiano opened his mouth to argue but decided against it, Lily was right what was going on between them wasn't innocent and if it was Irina doing this he wouldn't be happy at all. " Fine have it your way" he muttered.

" Can we be civil to each other, I don't want it to be awkward" Lily smiled weakly.

Cristiano moved towards the door " I can do civil from now on It will be strictly professional between us, no blurred lines, I love my girlfriend" he said, before he walked out the room.

Lily didn't even know she was crying until she felt the tears roll down her face, shaking her head she deserved this, she was stupid to even allow herself get close to Cristiano, a few days ago she was adamant that she didn't have feelings for Cristiano, standing here now watching him walk away from her now she wasn't so sure.