Steal My Heart

I won't Be That Girl

Lily smiled as she made her way to her chair, the game was about to kick off and she couldn't help but feel a little excited about it, she didn't like football much, but the excitement from the crowd was affecting her a little, it was a fantastic crowd. She turned to Victoria her eyes were already on the pitch no doubt looking for Neymar.

" Are you looking forward to this game?" Lily asked as she sat down in her chair, next to Cristiano's family.

Victoria nodded her head as she took her coat off, she was wearing a Neymar shirt, Lily smiled as she took her own coat off to reveal her own Neymar shirt, Victoria had tried to get Lily into a Cristiano shirt but she refused and Picked Neymar's shirt knowing how much it would annoy Cristiano.

" Lily what are you doing?" Ricky called out, making Cristiano's family turn to look at her.

Hugo just laughed his brother was not going like seeing Lily in a Neymar shirt " You know Cristiano is just going rip that shirt off your back" he warned.

" He can try" Lily laughed as she leaned back in her chair.

Ricky leaned over to Lily " I know your game" he whispered into her ear.

" I have no idea what you are talking about" Lily smiled innocently, as the teams begin to walk onto the pitch " I happen to like Brazil" she added.

Ricky rolled his eyes playfully " Please you didn't care about football a few weeks ago and now suddenly you love Brazil" he laughed " If you are trying to wind him up it will work" he grinned, as he sat back in his seat.

Lily just smiled as she looked down onto the pitch, Cristiano was shaking hands with Neymar a little smirk on his face, Victoria leaned into Lily " May the best man win" she joked.

The game started slow and a little boring, Lily almost fell a sleep then suddenly Cristiano got the ball and was running to goal when he was hacked down by Marcelo, for a minute Lily thought Cristiano was going to go crazy but he smiled at his club teammate then got back to his feet, getting prepared to take the free kick.

" Do you think he will score?" Victoria asked nervously.

Lily shrugged her shoulders a little " Probably not" she replied, just as the ball found its way into the back of the net, she actually jumped out of her seat and celebrated like everyone else, even Victoria stood up and clapped.

" Neymar will score next" Victoria smiled.

Lily patted Victoria on the arm gently " We shall see" she grinned.

***

Victoria had been right Neymar did score ten minutes from full time, Cristiano had a couple more chances but the score finished 1-1 after a slow start to the game it had actually turned out to be a rather interesting one, none of the players played the game like it was friendly.

" Do you think Cristiano will be disappointed?" Victoria asked.

Lily shook her head " I don't think he will be, it was only a friendly" she replied, as she watched the crowd start to leave the stadium.

" We shall see when we go down to the locker room" Victoria smirked.

Lily laughed again " Who said anything about going down there?" she asked " I would rather stay up here" she added.

" Neymar asked me to come down after the match and since you are my best friend you are coming with me" Victoria grinned, as she stood up and pulled Lily to her feet.

Lily grabbed her bag and coat off the back of her seat " If I must" she sighed dramatically.

" You might get to see Cristiano" Victoria said, with a knowing smile.

Lily just rolled her eyes at her friend " There is nothing going on there" she insisted.

" There is nothing going on there yet" Victoria fired back knowing it was only a matter of time when something happened between Lily and Cristiano.

Lily ignored Victoria as they started the long walk down to the locker room, she was adamant that nothing was going to happen even if everyone thought otherwise. Cristiano still had a girlfriend and that didn't look like changing anytime soon, so any talk of her and Cristiano was nonsense.

Coming to a stop beside Portugal's locker room Lily leaned against the wall " I think I will wait here, the Brazil Locker room is just around the corner" she said to Victoria.

" You okay waiting here?" Victoria asked, an unsure smile on her face.

Lily nodded her head " Go and congratulate Neymar on his goal" she replied.

Victoria didn't need to be told twice " I will be back soon" she promised before she walked away leaving Lily to stand alone waiting for Cristiano.

***

Lily had been standing out side Portugal's locker room like some sort of crazy stalker for the last half an hour, and nobody had left the room yet, she heard someone walking towards her, their studs clicking on the floor with every step they took, she looked up and saw Cristiano walking towards her, a small smile on his face, his hair was messily in font of his eyes.

" Are you waiting for me?" Cristiano asked, as he stopped in front of Lily, his eyes landing on the Neymar shirt she wore.

Lily just grinned at the frown on Cristiano's face " Yeah I thought I would come and say I loved your goal" she replied.

Cristiano took a step closer to Lily " Why are you wearing a Brazil shirt?" he asked, tugging at the shirt she wore a little.

" Maybe because I like it" Lily smiled.

Cristiano smirked at Lily " I think you would look better in my shirt" he replied, his hand landing on her waist.

" I couldn't find any Ronaldo shirts" Lily lied, as Cristiano placed an arm on the wall beside Lily's head.

Cristiano scoffed a little " There is lots of stores that have my shirt" he pointed out, while he pulled his own shirt over his head and then handed it to Lily.

Lily scrunched her face up a little " Your shirt will be all sweaty" she grinned, trying to keep her eyes off his topless body but was failing badly.

" I don't smell that badly" Cristiano smiled, as he leaned in closer to Lily.

Lily was actually surprised to find out that Cristiano was right he actually smelled okay, she could still smell a little of his aftershave on him. " I still think I should wear the shirt am wearing" she said with a teasing smile. " Plus don't you have to swap your shirt?" she asked.

" Yeah normally but I have decided to give my shirt to you, because you clearly need better taste in shirts" he smirked, staring pointedly at her shirt.

Lily laughed softly as she stared up at Cristiano, she did something without thinking about, she reached up and pushed the hair that had fallen into Cristiano's eyes away from his face.

Cristiano leaned into Lily, his face inches from hers, Lily put her hand on his chest to stop him coming any closer " We shouldn't" she warned softly.

" Why?" Cristiano asked quietly.

Lily couldn't look away from Cristiano " We both know why" she sighed, attempting to push Cristiano away but he stayed firm both his arms on the wall next to her head blocking her from walking away.

" Is that the only reason?" Cristiano asked.

Lily stubbornness to keep Cristiano at arm length was beginning to crumble slowly " Its a big enough reason" she replied " I wont be that girl" she warned him.

" I am not asking you to be" Cristiano sighed, as he took a step back from Lily.

Lily felt like she could breathe again " You should go and get changed" she said, nodding at the locker room door.

" This conversation is not over" Cristiano warned.

It was over for Lily they could keep talking about it over and over again, but the fact remained, he has a girlfriend, a girlfriend he said he loved a few days ago to her, Until that changed nothing was going to happen between them.

" You should go" Lily smiled.

Cristiano sighed a little, wanting to talk more about their issue but knew it wasn't the right time or place " Fine we will talk later" he replied " And please get out of that Shirt" he grinned, before he stepped into the locker room.

Lily smiled as she placed Cristiano's shirt over her shoulder and walked around to see if Victoria was ready to go yet, she needed someone to talk to and Victoria had always had her back so she knew that Victoria would have some good advice.

***

Later that night, Lily was sat bored on her bed flickering through channels but there was nothing on, she was about to give up and go to bed, she looked over at Lily's empty bed and sighed, she had briefly talked to Victoria earlier about Cristiano her advice was just to talk to him, that is all she offered before she went out on a date with Neymar, she was slightly jealous that Victoria was out having fun while she sat in their hotel room thinking about going to bed at eight, she hadn't even eaten yet.

A knock at the door made Lily turn the TV off, she climbed off the bed and walked over to the door and pulled it opened, Cristiano smiled at her with what looked like takeaway in his hands.

" What are you doing?" Lily asked.

Cristiano offered the takeaway bag to Lily " I thought we could talk over some dinner" he replied. " You haven't eaten already have you?" he asked.

Lily shook her head as she moved out of the way so Cristiano could step into the room " You can stay but we will not talk about what happened earlier" she said.

" We really should, it clearly isn't going to go away Lily" Cristiano said, pleased to see that she had taken off the Brazil shirt she had worn earlier.

Lily moved towards the bed and sat down " It doesn't matter" she mumbled " We can keep having this conversation over and over again but it doesn't change the fact you have a girlfriend" she added.

" What do you want me to do Lily?" Cristiano asked " Do you want me to end it with Irina?" he mumbled.

Lily shook her head as she stared down at the floor " Its not about me its about you" she replied " Do you want to end it with Irina?" she countered.

Lily's question slightly threw Cristiano a little he paused slightly not sure what he wanted to do " I don't know" he answered.

" This is why we can't have this conversation, you don't know what you want and until you do this is totally pointless" Lily said, frustration clear in her voice.

Cristiano sat down beside Lily, he reached for her hand expecting her to push him away but she didn't " I don't know what I want to do about Irina, we have been together a long time, I can't just throw that away like it meant nothing" he said quietly.

" I am not asking you too" Lily mumbled.

Cristiano sighed a little as he stared at Lily " I know you are not" he replied " All I know is when I spend time with you I enjoy it, it reminds me of the early days with Irina, something has been wrong with Irina for a very long time and I either need to fix it or let her go" he mumbled.

Lily pulled her hand back from Cristiano " You need to make up your mind" she mumbled " What do you want?" she asked. " I won't be that girl that sits around and waits for you" she warned quietly.

" I really don't know" Cristiano admitted. " I enjoy spending time with you and I don't want that to change" he sighed.

Lily moved away from Cristiano " We are so screwed" she mumbled " Someone is going get hurt more than likely me" she said, rubbing her head a little feeling a headache coming on.

" I won't hurt you" Cristiano vowed as he moved towards Lily.

Lily knew she should have told Cristiano to leave the room and leave her alone, but she was sick of always doing the right thing, she done the right thing most of her life and it got her nowhere. " We should eat" she smiled.

Cristiano smiled back at Lily just glad she hadn't kicked him out of her hotel room, Maybe it was wrong what they were doing, but he would worry about that when they were back in Madrid in a couple of days, he knew he had to make a decision either way but he just wanted a little time to figure things out for himself.