Steal My Heart

What Do You Want?

Lily watched as Victoria smile happily as she talked on the phone with Neymar, she would miss her friend when she moved to Barcelona in the coming weeks,Victoria was the only person that truly had her back and she would miss her so much when she left Madrid. Glancing down at her own phone, she frowned slightly, nobody was calling her and by nobody she meant Cristiano.

Since their little fight outside of the Restaurant last week, Lily had gone out her way to avoid Cristiano, but he wasn't exactly making it hard for her , as he had gone back to New York for a couple of days with Irina, because Madrid had decided to rest him and gave him a few days off. He had tried to talk to her before he left but Lily had just brushed him off and he just walked away muttering how she was being so unreasonable and since then they hadn't really spoken much to each other.

" You know you could always call him"

Lily looked up at Victoria surprised that she had ended her call to Neymar so quickly " Call who? she asked playing dumb.

Victoria just smiled knowingly at Lily " Come on Lily we both know who I am hinting at" she replied.

" I really don't need to talk to Ronaldo" she muttered " Not like he wants to speak to me either, did you not see those pictures of him with Irina?" she asked with a bitter smile.

Picking up a box Victoria handed it to Lily who took the hint, and began to help Victoria pack her stuff up " You basically told him you were done and walked away from him last week" she reminded Lily.

" I still stand by what I said" Lily replied stubbornly.

Victoria just rolled her eyes at Lily " Why are you fighting this so hard?" she asked " I have seen the way Cristiano lights up whenever he is around you" she added.

" Oh please, he is like that with everyone" Lily laughed sarcastically, putting some of Victoria's books into the nearest box. " He only flirted with me because Irina wasn't around" she insisted.

Victoria just shook her head " You know that isn't true" she smiled " I mean look how close you were back in Portugal, he wasn't forced to spend time with you then" she added.

" Why are you pushing this so hard?" Lily asked, arching her brow questioningly at her friend.

All Victoria wanted for Lily was for her to be happy and she saw with her own eyes that glimmer of happiness whenever Lily was around Cristiano, she could deny it all she wanted but there was a bond already growing between them.

" You deserve to be happy Lily" Victoria smiled " And I think He is the one for you" she said quietly, before she closed one of the packed boxes and pushed it to the side.

Lily sighed a little as she stared down at her silent phone on the table tempted to send Cristiano a message but she just shook her head the stubbornness inside of her wouldn't allow her too, she was just fine on her own, she didn't need him.

" I am happy" Lily insisted, smiling weakly.

Victoria just stared at Lily not buying what she was trying to sell, if she was so happy then why had she spent the last week moping about, she was just being stubborn " You don't have to lie to me Lily" she replied.

" I am not lying, I am fine honest" Lily replied, just as her phone started to vibrate loudly on the table.

Lily and Victoria both stared down at her phone, Lily just froze while Victoria had a smug grin on her face " Well aren't you going to take his call?" she asked.

Lily shook her head as she let the phone ring out " I will talk to him later, I am spending the day with you" she replied.

" You are just being stupid" Victoria smirked " I think I can handle the rest of packing these boxes up" she added.

Lily ignored Victoria, as she grabbed another empty box, while she glanced quickly at her phone, wondering if she had done the right thing by ignoring Cristiano, she was sure if that was important he would call back, these were the last few days her friend was going be in Madrid, so she wanted to make the most of them, before she left for Barcelona.

***

Lily covered her mouth as a small yawn escaped, she was still a little exhausted after spending most of yesterday helping Victoria pack everything up, Taking a quick gulp of her latte as she stepped into Cristiano's house, she wasn't even prepared to see him yet, she hoped he would have early morning training, it would give her a couple more hours.

" Morning Lily" Dolores smiled, as she came down stairs with Junior.

Lily smiled warmly back at Dolores, as held up her hand for Junior to high five her which he did a little to enthusiastically. " Morning" she mumbled as she continued to sip on her latte.

" Cristiano is in the gym, he would like a quiet word with you" Dolores replied, a knowing look on her face, she had noticed the tension between her son and Lily for a while now and had wondered when her son was actually going to do something about it.

Lily eyes drifted to the gym towards the back of the house, she groaned slightly hoping to avoid this conversation for a little while longer " Right now?" she asked.

" Yeah he has training later" Dolores replied, helping Junior into his coat.

Lily bit down on her lip nervously " Well I better go and see what he wants" she muttered, heading to Cristiano's office first and took her coat off and hung it up, and placed her bag and the folder with all of Cristiano's appointments on the desk. Sparing a quick look in the mirror, Lily groaned she certainly wasn't looking her best today, shaking her head she frowned a little as she quietly made her way to Cristiano's home gym.

Pushing the door open, Lily lazily leaned against it as she watched Cristiano work out, he was just in shorts and nothing else, she licked her lips slightly admiring the view in front of her for a few minutes, before she coughed loudly to let Cristiano know she was here.

Cristiano stopped what he was doing, and looked over at Lily and blank expression on his face, which was never a good thing, she normally could tell what he was feeling, but not today he was keeping all his emotions controlled carefully.

" Is there a problem with your phone?" Cristiano asked, as he grabbed a towel and began to wipe himself down.

Lily shook her head as she folded her arms across her chest " No My phone is working perfectly" she replied.

" Then do you want to explain to me why you haven't been talking my calls or messages?" Cristiano asked, barely able to keep the annoyance out of his voice.

Lily stared down at the floor not sure what she could say, because she had been ignoring his calls and messages on purpose " I have been busy" she lied, cringing at how pathetic she sounded right now.

" Busy doing what?" Cristiano asked, not impressed " I know things have been a little difficult between us lately but I thought we could sort that out" he muttered.

Lily slowly raised her head to look at Cristiano " Sort it how?" she asked, laughing coldly, " You have a girlfriend" she mumbled " There is no sorting anything out while you are still with her" she pointed out.

Cristiano moved towards Lily, he reached for her arm and pulled her into the gym and closed the door harshly " I have been with Irina for a very long time" he mumbled.

" Yeah I understand that" Lily fired back, hating the fact that Cristiano was standing so close to her.

Cristiano cocked his head to the side a little, as he fixed his gaze on Lily " Do you really?" he asked, Because for the last week you have been acting like a right brat" he said accusingly.

" Well how did you expect me to act?" Lily yelled back " You and your girlfriend embarrassed me in front of your teammates" she huffed.

Cristiano placed his arm on the wall next to Lily's head " I apologized for that" he replied quietly.

" Oh so that makes it okay?" Lily flung back " I don't know what you want from me Ronaldo, I am not even sure you even know what you want" she smiled coldly.

A flicker of anger crept into Cristiano's eyes " I just want things to go back to the way they were before"he sighed.

" So back to hating each other?" Lily asked " Okay I can do that, It shouldn't be a problem for me" she smiled sarcastically.

Cristiano glared at Lily " Maybe I should fire you instead" he muttered the words without really thinking them through.

" Go ahead" Lily replied with a taunting smile, daring Cristiano to fire her with her eyes.

Cristiano stared at Lily, knowing she was taunting him into making a decision, it would make his life so much easier if she wasn't in it anymore but he couldn't say the words, so instead he leaned down and kissed her.

Lily fought against the kiss for a couple of seconds, she placed her hands on Cristiano's chest to push him away but she just found herself pulling him closer to her. Cristiano's hand found its way to the back of her neck keeping her mouth in place against his.

Feeling Cristiano's hand slip under her shirt made Lily finally realized what they were doing was wrong, and she roughly pushed him away from her, trying to regain her composure, she glared at Cristiano, who just stared at her with a little smirk on his face.

" That shouldn't have happened" Lily muttered,her fingers going to her lips, just wanting to forget all about that kiss that made her feel things she shouldn't be feeling.

Cristiano moved towards Lily again " A kiss always means something" he smiled.

Lily frowned at Cristiano shaking her head " You have a girlfriend" she reminded him " One you have been with for a very long time" she said quietly.

" I know.... Cristiano trailed off as he looked away from Lily.

Lily moved away from Cristiano, putting some distance between them sounded good right now " I think we should just forget about that kiss" she said slowly.

" Is that what you really want?" Cristiano asked, a skeptical look on his face.

Lily nodded her head even though everything inside of her was screaming no at her " We have too, you are not available" she told him.

" We can't keep ignoring whatever this is between us" Cristiano said.

Lily stared at Cristiano not sure what he wanted from her " Are you willing to walk away from Irina?" she asked.

The fact it took a while for Cristiano to answer her question told Lily everything she needed to know he wasn't ready to break up with his girlfriend and she had serious doubts whether he would ever be ready.

" With Irina, you know its complicated, I just can't walk away from her" Cristiano said, sounding completely torn.

Lily just smiled sadly at Cristiano " I guess I got my answer" she mumbled, moving towards the door.

" Wait.. Lily Stop" Cristiano called after her, he moved fast and placed his hand on the door to stop Lily leaving " I may not be ready to leave Irina yet,but you have to know I do feel something for you" he said.

Lily just shook her head " That isn't really good enough for me" she whispered " I won't be that girl you know that" she added, glancing up at Cristiano.

" What do you want me to do Lily?" Cristiano asked, frustration clear in his voice.

Lily moved to open the door just wanting to get away from Cristiano " Just leave me alone" she mumbled.

" If that is what you want" Cristiano replied, taking a step back from Lily.

Lily forced a smile on her face " It is" she replied, before hurrying out the gym, leaving Cristiano standing there alone looking more confused than ever.

***

Lily let herself into her small apartment just glad to be home after such a weird awkward day with Cristiano, after their kiss they had tried to ignore each other, which just made everything worse, she was glad when he eventually had to go to training as it gave her a little breather, and she made sure to be gone home before he arrived back from training.

" Leo" she called out softly for her cat, as she walked through to the kitchen.Placing her bag down on the floor, she felt a ball of fluff at her feet, smiling she bent down to pick her cat up, who hissed a little but slowly calmed down.

Placing Leo back down on the floor, she quickly fed him then opened a bottle of water and was just about to pour herself a glass of wine when a soft knock at her door echoed around the small apartment, Lily frowned a little wondering who would be turning up at her door at this time of night.

Making her way over to the door, she pulled it opened and was just about to close it again, but Cristiano managed to stick his body in the way " I thought we said all we needed to each other" Lily hissed quietly.

Cristiano managed to push his way into Lily's apartment, he didn't want to come over tonight, but he knew he wanted to sort things out, he hadn't like where they left things earlier. " I hate how we left things" he replied.

" You should go home" Lily sighed, as she watched Cristiano close the door, basically telling her he wasn't going anywhere " We don't need to do this" she mumbled.

Cristiano just smiled at Lily " We need to talk" he replied, as he followed Lily through her home.

" I thought I made myself clear earlier" Lily muttered as she walked back into the kitchen to get her glass of wine.

Cristiano spotted the cat next to Lily " You have a cat" he said, a little surprised.

" Yeah his name is Leo" Lily replied, as she sipped on her wine.

Cristiano eyebrow shot up,as he narrowed his eyes at Lily " I thought you weren't a Messi fan" he said.

" I am not, I named my cat after my grandfather" Lily smiled, rolling her eyes.

Cristiano glanced down at the cat again, going to pet him, but Leo hissed at him, making Lily laugh softly " Guess he doesn't like you" she said with a teasing smile.

Cristiano rolled his eyes as he watched Lily lean against the kitchen counter with her glass of wine in her hands, he noted the not impressed look on his face and knew he better start talking before she chucked him out.

" I hate how things are between us right now, I know most of it is my fault, but you have to take some of the blame yourself" Cristiano said carefully.

Lily stared at Cristiano not saying a word, she knew she wasn't innocent in any of this but she couldn't keep doing this with Cristiano " What do you want?" she asked.

" I don't know" Cristiano admitted " I feel like I love Irina, but whenever I am around you I feel differently" he added.

Lily laughed softly, shaking her head " So basically you want your cake and to eat it too?" she asked.

" No of course not, what I am trying to tell you is I am confused, I have been with Irina for so long and its not easy just to throw that all away for something I don't even know is real or not" Cristiano said, his eyes darting all over the place.

Lily took a long gulp of her wine looking right at Cristiano as she did so " I still don't know what you want from me" she mumbled into her glass.

" I just need time to figure out what I want" Cristiano said, as he took a step closer to Lily.

Lily looked up at the ceiling not sure what to say to that " So you want me just to wait around in case you suddenly decide what you want?" she asked.

" No of course not, I don't have the right to ask that, I just need a little time" Cristiano mumbled.

Lily placed her glass down on the counter before she looked at Cristiano wanting to tell him to go to hell but something stopped her " I think you should go" she finally said.

Cristiano nodded his head, agreeing with Lily, but that didn't stop him from closing the distance between them, his hand gently going under her chin and lifting her face to look at him, he lowered his head as to kiss her but suddenly pulled away, Lily quickly looked away and forced a polite smile on her face quickly replacing the disappointment she felt.

" I am sorry I can't do this" Cristiano said quickly, as he leaned his head on Lily's.

Lily bit down on her lip as she stared at Cristiano wanting to kiss him, but knew it would bring nothing but trouble after a few minutes of awkward silence Lily pulled away from him " You should go now" she mumbled.

Cristiano sighed deeply feeling bad for coming over tonight he should have stayed away " I am sorry Lily, this was a bad idea" he replied.

" Yeah it was, you need to go" Lily said again, anger beginning to flare up inside of her. " Let me show you out" she smiled coldly.

Cristiano followed Lily to the front door, before he stopped and looked at her, he could see the annoyance on her face " I am sorry for coming over tonight" he said quietly.

Lily pulled the door wide open " Yeah so am I" she retorted, nodding her head for Cristiano to leave.

Cristiano gave Lily one last look frustrated with himself " I am sorry Lily" he said again, as he stepped outside.

Lily didn't even bother to reply, she just closed the door in his face " I hate you for making me care" she whispered, as she leaned against the door, hoping he heard that, it was the least he deserved.