Steal My Heart

He Will Grow On You

Lily stood nervously on the doorstep, having doubts about even accepting this job offer, she had a feeling Jorge had lied to her when she said she would be working for him, she saw the house and suspected Jorge didn't live here, she would hear Jorge out but if she didn't like the offer then she would be politely turning down the job.

Just as she was about to lightly knock on the door, it opened to reveal her worst fears, Cristiano was stood on the other side, smiling smugly at her.

" I was wondering if you were going stay on my doorstep all day" he said, with a taunting smile. " I have been watching you for the last twenty minutes" he added.

Lily rolled her eyes " Yeah because that isn't creepy at all" she retorted.

" Not that I am interested, but why are you standing on my doorstep?" Cristiano asked.

Lily hated the smug look on Cristiano's face " I am not here for your autograph if that is what you were thinking" she snorted.

" I wouldn't give you my autograph if you were here for that Cristiano smirked.

Lily shook her head and turned to go, she was sure she could find some work elsewhere, she didn't need to put up with this footballer who was clearly way too in love with himself.

" Ah Lily you have arrived" Jorge smiled, pushing Cristiano away from the door.

Lily forced a smile on her face " I think I have made a mistake" she mumbled.

" Ignore Cristiano, he isn't that bad honest" Jorge laughed as he gently pulled Lily into the house.

Lily looked back at Cristiano, and wished she hadn't, he blew her a kiss as he followed them through into his office.

" Take a seat Miss Davis" Jorge said, smiling as he looked at Cristiano sending him a don't start look at him.

Lily sat down in the chair far away from Cristiano, she looked at him and she got a cranky cold brown stare from him, his hair was slightly in his eyes, clearly he hadn't been near a mirror today she thought bitchily, almost laughing out loud.

Cristiano may not be all that bad to look at but he sure as hell wasn't nice, the way he looked and talked to her just proved it. She had been around enough horrible to men to know he was just one of them.

Lily caught Cristiano's eyes, he frowned at her, so she frowned back at him wishing he would go away even though she was in his home, his glare went up a notch, she matched it with a glare of her own.

Jorge rolled his eyes " Well I can see you two are getting along rather nicely" he said sarcastically. " Its like you have known each other for years, I think Lily will be a great asset to the team" he added;

" What?" Lilly stuttered " I thought you said I was working for you" she said, frowning.

Cristiano grinned, clearly Jorge had lied to Lily to get her here today " You will be working for me darling" he said, winking at her.

Lily shook her head " Don't call me darling" she hissed at him " I certainly won't be working for you" she added.

" You won't have to be around him that much Lily, I just need someone to keep an eye on him and make sure Ronaldo stays out of trouble" Jorge said.

Lily laughed loudly " So I will be his babysitter?" she asked, then turned to look at Cristiano with a smirk on her face " What age are you?" she taunted.

" You will be his personal assistant" Jorge clarified.

Cristiano sighed as he looked up at the ceiling a bored expression on his face, he didn't need a personal assistant. " I don't need one" he replied.

" You do, and if you don't agree to this, then I will just find you someone else" Jorge told him.

Lily almost felt bad for Cristiano, she knew all too well what it was like getting forced to doing something you clearly didn't want to do.

Despite Jorge doing all the talking Cristiano's ice cold gaze never left Lily, she stared right back at him, he didn't frighten her, she always liked a challenge. She might just accept this job just to annoy him more.

Cristiano finally looked away from Lily " Fine Hire her" he muttered. " But there are going to be strict rules" he added.

Lily laughed " Um Ronaldo I have not agreed to anything yet" she pointed out.

" I don't want you to be in my face all the time " Cristiano smirked, completely ignoring Lily's comment a few seconds ago.

Lily held up her hand " So you are offering me a job as your PA?" she asked, just making sure.

Cristiano shook his head " No, I am offering you a trial, lets see three months.. if you last that long" he laughed. His previous assistant managed six weeks.

Lily smiled she could managed three months, she had done a lot worse " Who do I report too?" she asked.

" Mainly too Jorge, you will stay out of my way unless it something that needs my attention" Cristiano replied.

Lily glared at Cristiano he was such an jackass, she could tell they were going to hate each other before the three months were up. " I can stay out of your way, that won't be a problem you ass" she muttered under her breath..

Cristiano grinned, he had heard every word, he liked the fact Lily seemed to hate him, he was going to have a lot of fun taunting her " Do you need me for anything else?" he asked Jorge.

Jorge shook his head, he could sort the rest out with Lily by himself, Cristiano stood up and walked over to Lily he leaned down to her " I look forward to working with you" he whispered into her ear.

Lily waited until Cristiano had left the room before she looked back at Jorge " I hate him" she declared.

Jorge laughed " He is not that bad, he will grow on you" he replied.

" I doubt that" Lily muttered as she and Jorge began to go over her contract she couldn't believe she was going to work for this arrogant footballer.

***
Lily followed Jorge around the house, as he showed her around, she still couldn't believe she had accepted this job, she had left one arrogant ass for another, when would she ever learn.

" Do you think you can handle working for Cristiano?" Jorge asked, he was getting a little tired of looking for personal assistants for him.

Lily shrugged her shoulders a little " I am willing to give it a try" she replied, as they stepped out into the garden, where everyone was apparently working on their tans, shaking her head she really needed to be a little more friendly towards these people.

" Who are you?"

Lily looked at the woman who had just yelled at her for no reason " I am Lily, I am Cristiano's new PA" She said, with a polite smile.

The polite smile didn't work, the woman just glared at Lily " He doesn't need one" she snapped back, looking at Jorge.

" Irina we have talked about this, and I am not about to argue with you again about it" Jorge said, warning tone to his voice.

Irina glared at Lily, she didn't like the new girl already she wasn't sure if it was because she was prettier than the last one, or if it was the smug smile she wore on her face. " Cristiano will agree with me" she smirked.

" No he won't, Cristiano has already signed off on this" Jorge smiled.

Lily bit down on her lip to keep her from laughing, she could see Irina had taking an instant disliking to her and was enjoying watching the disappointment on her face a little too much.

" What is going on here?" Cristiano asked, as he moved to stand next to his girlfriend, he wrapped an arm around her shoulders and looked at Lily.

Jorge waited for Irina to start complaining but she surprised him by staying quiet " I was just showing Lily around" he replied.

Lily saw Cristiano glaring at her again, she laughed as she glared right back at him, the next few weeks were going to be fun " Nice girlfriend you have there" she said with a mocking smile.

Irina glared at Lily then looked at Cristiano " Why do you need her?" she asked.

Cristiano eyes were still on Lily, he didn't like her little comment about Irina and he would make her pay for that " Jorge needs her not me" he replied.

" Yeah to babysit you" Lily retorted.

Jorge sighed and rolled his eyes, as Cristiano took a step towards Lily " Come on Lily why don't I show you the rest of the house" he said, attempting to calm things down.

" I don't like her Cristiano" Irina pouted.

Lily laughed loudly " Ronaldo's girlfriend doesn't like me how will I ever survive" she replied sarcastically earning a few chuckles from Cristiano's family, but they quickly covered it up with coughs when he looked at them.

" You can't speak to my girlfriend like that" Cristiano replied, frowning at Lily.

Lily smiled at Cristiano " I just did" she retorted, daring him with her eyes to do something about it, but he totally surprised her by backing down.

" Come on Irina lets go for a swim" Cristiano muttered, pulling his girlfriend towards the pool.

Lily watched them go, smirking a little that she had won that little battle " Have fun" she called out after them, taunting them a little. She didn't know why she was trying to get a reaction out of Cristiano, he just reminded of her previous boss and she hated it.

" You need to stop baiting him, if you want to get through your first day here" Jorge said, as he led Lily back into the house.

Lily sighed a little, she knew she had been a little unprofessional " I am sorry, I won't do it again" she promised.

" Good now let me finish showing you around and then we are done for the day" Jorge smiled.

***

Lily spared another look at her watch, she had been running a little late as Jorge had kept her a little longer than she thought he would, she hoped that David wouldn't be too mad at her being late again, their relationship used to be so strong, but lately things had been a little bad between them, ever since David had cheated on her. He had promised her it wouldn't happened again, and Lily had decided to give him another chance, but she was struggling to get past his cheating, she was starting to realize that maybe their relationship was over the minute he cheated.

" I am so sorry I am late" Lily said, as she rushed over to David who was waiting outside the restaurant for her.

David shook his head not impressed that Lily had been late yet again, she was pushing him away and while he was to blame he was getting to a little frustrated with her behavior.

" You are saying sorry a lot these days" David replied.

Lily sighed as she looked at her boyfriend " I know I am sorry but I had a new job offer I had to take today" she replied.

" You didn't even discuss that with me, I had to find out that you were sacked from you Law firm from your father" David Muttered, a not impressed look on his face.

Lily could sense they were about to have another fight " I am sorry but everything happened quickly" she said.

" I am so sick and tired of this, you used to be able to tell me everything, now you don't talk to me at all" David yelled at her.

Lily looked away from her angry boyfriend " Yeah I did, and that was before you cheated on me" she yelled back bitterly.

" You can't keep throwing that back at me whenever we fight, you decided to give me, us another chance" David sighed.

Lily was starting to regret that decision, she knew she should just be honest with David, but the words wouldn't come out, she wasn't ready to throw away her five year relationship.

" You are right, I am sorry" She smiled gently reaching for his hand.

David pulled Lily into his arms " I just need you to open up to me again, let me all the way in" he said.

" I will do it" Lily lied, she knew that they were done, and that she should just admit it but she couldn't not yet. Maybe if she gave their relationship a little more time then things would go back to normal.

David smiled at Lily " Great, now can we go and eat and you can tell my all about your new job?" he asked.

Lily nodded her head as she followed David into the restaurant, knowing she needed to at least try before she called time on their relationship, she needed to learn to trust him again and that was something she was struggling with, only time would tell if she could trust him again.