Steal My Heart

Worst Birthday Ever

Lily stared down at her phone, willing for a call or even a message from her family and friends, but none came, she couldn't believe everyone forgot her birthday, even Victoria seemed to have forgotten no doubt she was enjoying her new life in Barcelona with Neymar, but still she thought Victoria would have at least remembered what day it was. Shaking her head she placed her phone in her bag, before she made her way into Cristiano's house.

Music blared around the house, Lily frowned a little as she pushed past a couple of Cristiano's teammates, she knew that Dolores had taken Junior back to Portugal with her to give Cristiano time to deal with his break up, but a month had passed and Cristiano was still no closer to dealing with anything, he chose to party instead, she lost count of how many of these parties he had in the last month and all the girls he brought home.

" Watch where you are going" one girl sneered at her.

Lily just glared at the girl before she went to find Cristiano, she found him in the kitchen with Hugo and Ricky with a couple of girls standing beside them, Cristiano lifted his head and looked over at Lily, a soft smile on his face, which fell away when he spotted the unhappy look on her face.

" Another party Ronaldo, How predictable" Lily smiled sarcastically, not sure why she was trying to get a rise out of him, she was taking her hurt out on the wrong person and she knew it but she couldn't control her anger right now.

Cristiano arched his brow at Lily, he heard the sarcasm in Lily's voice and wasn't going to react to it " You are more than welcome to join us" he smiled " In fact I demand you do, you shouldn't be working today, not when the weather is so nice" he said.

Lily face scrunched up a little in disgust " I don't think so" she mumbled. " Plus you know me I don't do very well with demands" she smiled coldly.

Cristiano stepped away from Hugo and Ricky and moved closer to Lily " Come on Lily, You have been working too hard, you may even enjoy yourself" he said.

" I don't think so" Lily snorted unladylike.

A blonde girl walked over to Cristiano and wrapped her arm around his waist, Lily watched as a grin appeared on Cristiano's face as he stared down at the blonde girl, Lily already forgotten. Which just pissed Lily off even more, like her day wasn't bad enough.

" You Know what you are right Ronaldo, I should have some fun" Lily smiled as she walked over to where all the bottle of beers sat and helped herself to one " Cheers" she said, before she twisted the cap off the bottle and took a long drink.

Cristiano watched Lily as she finished her bottle of beer in under two minutes, she grabbed a fresh bottle and began to down that quickly as well " I didn't mean to get as drunk as possible" he muttered.

" Well this is fun right?" Lily winked at Cristiano before she turned and walked into the garden.

Cristiano shared a look with Ricky who just shrugged his shoulders " Does she seem upset to you?" he asked Hugo.

Hugo just smirked " Maybe Lily is just doing what you demanded her to do" he said, as a loud scream came from the garden. " Sounds like she is having fun" he added with a grin.

Cristiano walked towards the door, his eyes wandering around the garden until they found Lily, she was in the pool fully clothed, he watched as she finished her beer and put it on the side, then watched as she began a conversation with Marco Asensio and Isco. Knowing Lily was safe in their hands, he turned back to the blonde girl " Shall we?" he asked, nodding his head in the direction of the garden.

***

Lily giggled loudly, as she tried to open her bottle of beer, she should really stop drinking but she just wanted to forget all about her lousy birthday that everyone had forgotten.

" Do you need help with that?"

Lily whirled around and saw Ricky standing at the door smirking at her " I can open a bottle of beer myself" she insisted, while struggling to twist the cap off.

" Lily give me the bottle" Ricky demanded.

Lily shook her head as she held the bottle of beer tightly in her hand " I can do it, I don't need help" she smiled, finally managing to twist the cap off the bottle " See all done" she grinned taking a sip.

Ricky laughed shaking his head " Don't you think you have had enough?" he asked, he had noticed how upset Lily looked today and knew that was probably why she was drinking so much.

" Not nearly enough" Lily muttered, as she looked in Cristiano's direction he was too busy trying to hook up with that blonde girl she had met earlier " Lily I really like you, but I need to be on my own right now" she mocked Cristiano's accent accurately.

Ricky knew that the girls being near Cristiano was bothering Lily even if she wouldn't admit it, he had seen all the angry glares when she thought nobody was watching her " Is this why you are so upset?" he asked.

Lily shook her head " No I always knew Ronaldo was a man whore" she laughed " I am upset about something else" she mumbled.

" Do you want to tell me?" Ricky asked.

Lily shook her head " No I am just going take my bottle of beer and head back outside" she grinned a little unsteady on her feet.

Ricky reached out to steady Lily " Maybe you should have some water or coffee instead" he suggested, attempting but failing to take the beer bottle out of Lily's hand.

Lily just shook her head and made her way back outside, she stumbled over to a chair and sat down, drinking her beer as she watched everyone have fun around her " Happy birthday" she muttered to herself, hating herself for caring that nobody remembered her birthday.

Ricky brushed past her, he glanced at her a concerned look on his face but he said nothing but just walked straight over to Cristiano, Ricky leaned down to say something into his ear, which made Cristiano look over at Lily.

Lily waved sarcastically at them and continued to drink her beer, she heard someone sit down next to her, she looked to her left and saw it was Sergio Ramos.

" You look so sad sitting on your own" Sergio said.

Lily just sighed deeply as she started up at the sky " I am not sad" she insisted " I am having so much fun" she yelled loudly.

Sergio just smiled sympathetically at Lily " You sure about that?" he asked.

Lily shrugged her shoulders " Not really, today has been awful, first everyone forgets its my birthday, then Cristiano demands I come to his pool party so I can have front row seats to watch him flirt with other women" she ranted quietly " greatest birthday ever" she added sarcastically.

" Happy Birthday" Sergio said, as he looked over at Cristiano who was now walking in their direction " You do know those women mean nothing to him right?" he asked.

Lily finished her beer and put it down on the floor " Neither do I" she mumbled " He wanted time and space and I have given it to him but it seems all he needs these days is women with bad hair" she said rather bitchily.

" I think you need to put the claws away" Sergio smirked.

Lily laughed quietly, tucking some of her hair behind her eyes " I am drunk and Upset I am not normally this bitchy" she mumbled.

Cristiano walked to them, he looked at Lily trying to see how drunk she was but she kept her head lowered so he couldn't see how drunk she was, so he turned to Sergio " Pilar is looking for you" he lied.

Sergio looked at Lily before he got to his feet " It was nice speaking to you again Lily" he said, before he walked away.

Cristiano took the seat Sergio had just got up from, he waited for Lily to say anything but she just remained silent. " Do you want to talk about what is upsetting you?" he asked.

Lily shook her head " I think I should just go home" she slurred a little, she had enough of the party and watching Cristiano flirt with other women.

" I think you should stay here tonight" Cristiano advised.

Lily looked at Cristiano, her eyes were a little red from all the beer she had drank tonight " I don't want to stay here" she snarled at him.

" Well Maybe you shouldn't have drunk so much" Cristiano retorted.

Lily laughed loudly " You are the last person who should be lecturing on others how to behave" she fired back " Look at you, you are such a cliche you break up with your girlfriend and what do you do, you resort to the man whore you probably were before her" she ranted drunkenly.

Wow Lily don't hold back" Cristiano spat sarcastically, as he leaned in closer to her. " I am not doing anything wrong, I can see who I want" he added.

" Yeah well so can I" she replied coldly, before she stood up and walked over to the nearest available guy, she smiled suggestively at him, the guy stepping closer to Lily " Hi" she said to him, not even offering her name, she looked over the guy's shoulder and met Cristiano's angry gaze, she shot him one last vindictive look before she pulled the guy in for a kiss.

The kiss didn't last long, Lily was immediately pulled away by a angry looking Cristiano, she watched as he told the man she had just kissed to leave, the guy didn't need to be told twice.

" What did you do that for?" Lily muttered, as Cristiano took her hand and dragged her into the house. " You are hurting me" she mumbled.

Cristiano relaxed his grip on Lily's hand as he led her upstairs and towards his bedroom, he was fuming right now, she had totally showed him up in front of everyone and if it had been any other girl he would have told her to get lost.

" Why are we going to your room?" Lily asked " I am not sleeping with you" she huffed.

Cristiano laughed coldly " You think after your little performance tonight that I would want to sleep with you?" he asked.

"You deserved that" Lily mumbled, as Cristiano pulled her into his room, them slammed the door.

Cristiano folded his arms across his chest and leaned against the door, while glaring at Lily " I deserved that?" he asked, his face totally blank.

Lily moved towards the bed and sat down " Yes you did" she replied slowly " You have been sleeping with anything that moved for weeks and I was supposed to be fine with that, but as soon as I kiss someone else you go crazy" she ranted " You're such a hypocrite" she mumbled.

" Oh So That Kiss was revenge?" Cristiano asked.

Lily shook her head " No Not revenge, Just a reminder that I won't wait around for ever" she answered " If you want me then show it" she smiled a little, glad that the beer in her body was finally making her talk honestly with Cristiano.

" We are not having this conversation when you are wasted" Cristiano said. " I saw a side to you tonight that I didn't like" he sighed.

Lily just raised her brow at Cristiano " I seen lots of sides of you I don't like but guess what I look past that because I really like you" she yelled loudly. " I am not sure what more I can say to you right now" she finished.

" You were vindictive and petty tonight Lily" Cristiano said, walking towards her.

Lily just shrugged her shoulders in reply as she stared down at the floor " I am not going to say sorry" she warned. " I don't think I have anything to say sorry for, as you kindly pointed out to me earlier we are both single and we can do what we like" she said with a mocking smile.

Cristiano just shook his head as he walked across to his walk in wardrobe and grabbed an old shirt and shorts he handed them to Lily " You should go to bed"" he said, walking back to the door.

" Why so you can go back to whoring around?" Lily muttered

Cristiano hit his hand against the door in frustration then he turned around to face Lily " No I am going to send everyone home, because funnily enough after what you pulled tonight am not really in the mood" he spat coldly at her, before he walked out of the room, slamming the door behind him.

Lily flinched a little as she put her head in her hands, she feared that she had just made everything worse between them and it wasn't him she was originally upset with, it was her family and friends who she was really upset with, she just taken it out on the wrong person.

***

Lily twisted and turned in bed, but no matter how much she tried she couldn't fall asleep, she glanced at the time on her phone, it was just a little after two in the morning, throwing back the covers she climbed out of bed and made her way downstairs, she had sobered up a little and was slightly cringing at how she acted towards Cristiano, he may have deserved some of her anger but not all of it, she had been a little unfair towards him.

Moving towards the kitchen, she turned on the light and almost jumped when she saw Cristiano was already in the room, he looked up at her, annoyance creeping into his eyes.

" Why are you sitting in the dark?" Lily asked as she went to the cupboard to get a glass.

Cristiano watched as Lily struggled to reach for a glass, he should have left her to struggle but he couldn't do that, he stood up and picked up a glass and handed it to her " I was thinking" was all he said.

Lily thanked Cristiano for the glass as she poured some water into it " Thinking about what?" she asked, a small unsure smile on her face.

" What you said last night" Cristiano replied.

Lily took a sip of her water thinking about what to say " I was drunk last night" she said " What I said shouldn't be taken seriously I was acting out last night" she added with a bitter smile.

" Why?" Cristiano asked.

Lily took a step closer to Cristiano, placing her glass of water on the counter " I was already upset before I Started drinking and no you were not the cause of that" she answered.

" Do you want to tell me?" Cristiano asked.

Lily shook her head " Not really" she mumbled " But if you must know it was my Birthday yesterday and not one of my family or friends remembered,Not even Victoria" she added bitterly.

Cristiano took a step towards Lily " I am sorry" he said gently, his face softening a little.

Lily stared at Cristiano she could see the pity in his eyes and she didn't like it, she hated being pitied " Please don't feel sorry for me" she muttered, taking a step away from him.

" I don't feel sorry for you Lily, I am just sorry your birthday sucked" Cristiano smiled softly " Why didn't you tell me it was your birthday?" he asked. " I could have done something with you instead of.... he trailed off at the look on Lily's face.

Lily smiled a little " Instead of trying to hook up with every girl in sight?" she finished for him " Its fine Cristiano I am so over my birthday" she sighed.

Cristiano could see it on Lily's face she wasn't over everyone forgetting her birthday he knew her well enough by now to know that she could hold onto grudges. " Its Okay to be not Okay with people forgetting your birthday" he said.

Lily narrowed her eyes slightly at Cristiano " Why are you being so nice to me?" she asked " I wasn't exactly nice to you last night" she reminded him.

" Like you said last night I sort of deserved it" Cristiano replied, he had time to think and he could understand why Lily had lashed out at him, he had been a bit of a idiot the last month.

Lily blushed a little as she looked away from Cristiano " Can we just agree to never talk about last night and move on?" she asked.

" We will have to talk about certain topics but yeah we can forget about most of last night. like your kiss for example" he replied with a teasing smile.

Lily smiled awkwardly she had been hoping he would never bring that up " Yeah that Kiss...." she mumbled not sure what else she could say " I only did it to get back at you" she admitted.

" Well Congrats it worked" Cristiano said, clapping sarcastically.

Lily rolled her eyes at Cristiano sarcasm " You can't be that mad at me for that" she said " Now when you have been hooking up with a different girl every week" she pointed out.

" I am not mad at you, Just frustrated" Cristiano muttered " I know I said I wanted space and to be on my own but it isn't working out very well is it?" he said with awkward smile.

Picking up her glass of water Lily took a long drink before answering Cristiano " Not really" she replied " You can't have it both ways, you either want to be single or you don't" she mumbled.

Cristiano moved closer to Lily, he gently pushed some hair back from her face, for a moment she thought he was going to kiss her, but he paused and then turned away from her. " I don't want to hurt you but I also don't want to rush into anything right now" he said quietly.

" You sound confused" Lily smiled weakly " Maybe you should just take time for you and maybe then you will finally work out what you want" she suggested.

Cristiano just nodded slightly agreeing with everything Lily had just said " You know how I feel about you right?" he asked.

" I have a inkling" Lily smiled warmly.

Cristiano smiled back at Lily " You know the girls I have been seeing is nothing, its just my way of dealing with everything, but from now on it stops" he rambled " There will be no more girls I promise you that, I just need you to be patient with me" he said quietly.

" I am not going anywhere" Lily replied, reaching for his hand and linking it with her own, she stared down at their joined hands " You take all the time you need, but If you bring one more girl back then that is it I am gone" she warned.

Cristiano leaned in closer and pressed a kiss to Lily's head " There won't be any more girls" he promised, gently pulling Lily into hug, he was sure that in time things would be okay for them, he just needed a little more time.