Steal My Heart

I Guess I Am

" I don't want to go out tonight" Lily mumbled, as she looked towards Cristiano who sat on her sofa quickly typing something into his phone, this was her weekend off and she had planned on using it to catch up on her favorite Tv Shows.

Cristiano finished sending his message to Lily's parents then he looked at Lily, she really didn't look all that happy at him springing this on her at the last minute but he was sure she would thank him later when she saw Victoria in the restaurant, he was only trying to fix things between Lily and her best friend because he knew how much Lily missed having her around.

" I thought you would love spending time with me" Cristiano said, with a smug grin, since their talk in his kitchen they had grown a lot closer and he was really starting to wonder why he was holding back from making things official with Lily.

Lily laughed, shaking her head " Don't you have a match this weekend?" she asked, knowing Madrid were playing Sunday night.

" The team does, but the coach is resting me this weekend, so you have me all to yourself" Cristiano winked playfully. " But I can just go if you don't want to spend time with me" he added with a hint of smile.

Lily knew Cristiano wouldn't take no for answer, he was so used to getting his own way hardly anyone said no to him " I have nothing to wear" she said, not missing the skeptical look on Cristiano's face, he didn't believe her " Okay I do but not good enough for where you to plan to take me" she mumbled.

" Did my sisters not buy you a dress for your birthday?" Cristiano asked, placing his phone down on the coffee table in front of him " And by the way you would look good in anything" he added.

Lily blushed as she looked away from Cristiano " They did but that dress is too much just for a dinner date with you" she replied, with a teasing smile "Its a dress for special occasions" she continued quietly.

" Let me be the judge of that, go and get ready" Cristiano smiled. " I am not leaving this house without you, so you may as well just give in" he added with a smirk.

Lily threw her hands up in surrender she knew she wasn't going to get out of this dinner date or whatever the hell it was, they rarely used the word date when spending time together, as they didn't want to put pressure on the other.

" I guess we are going out" she smiled, moving towards the door to get ready, she looked back at Cristiano, he had picked up his phone again, he was typing something, with a pleased smile on his face, he clearly had planned this, she was a little curious why he was so determined to get her to go out tonight, but she guess she would find out later.

***

Lily smoothed down her dress as she stared at her appearance in the mirror, she felt a little bit overdressed for just going out to dinner, she smiled a little as she moved to pin her hair up loosely, leaving a few strands down, she was just putting her shoes on when Cristiano knocked on her bedroom door.

" Come in" Lily called out, as she reached for her perfume and sprayed some onto her wrists.

Cristiano pushed the door opened and stepped into the room, his eyes landed on Lily, a slow smile spread across his face " You look beautiful" he said, moving towards Lily " That dress is just wow," he said, low whistling at her.

Lily blushed a little as she reached for her coat " Thank you" she smiled, reaching or her bag which lay on the bed " I think am ready to go" she added, looking at Cristiano who was stood a few yards from her with a look on his face she hadn't seen before.

" Not yet I have something I want to give you" Cristiano said, holding a small box in his hand, it was a belated birthday present he was planning to give her the present at the restaurant but now seemed the perfect time.

Lily eyed the box in Cristiano's hand, her brow raised questioningly at him " You didn't have to get me anything" she smiled shyly, putting her bag back down the bed so she could open her present.

" Its a belated birthday present" Cristiano smiled, putting the small box into Lily's hand " I picked it myself" he added.

Lily stared at the box in the hands for a couple of seconds, before she slowly opened it, she gasped slightly at the sliver charm bracelet, she picked it up already in love with it " I don't know what to say" she gasped again " Its beautiful" she mumbled.

" Have a closer look at the charms" Cristiano urged gently.

Lily stared down at the charms and smiled when she saw the number seven among the charms on the bracelet " It has your number" she grinned.

" You can take it off if you don't like it... he trailed off as Lily leaned up and cut off what he was about to say with a kiss.

Cristiano was a little surprised by the kiss that it took him a few seconds to respond, his arms went around Lily pulling her closer to him, her hands gently cupping his face, neither was keen to end the kiss but Cristiano knew they had to be at the restaurant so he reluctantly pulled away from Lily.

"Well I didn't expect that" Cristiano smiled.

Lily just smiled as she attempted to put the Bracelet onto her wrist, Cristiano watched her struggle before he leaned towards her " Let me try" he smiled, as Lily offered her wrist, she watched as he fastened the bracelet on her wrist " There perfect" he said quietly, leaning his head against Lily's.

" Thank you, I love it" Lily replied.

Cristiano smiled at Lily, as he took he her hand " Are you ready to go now?" he asked.

Lily nodded her head and allowed Cristiano to lead her out of the room, she hoped that he hadn't gone to too much trouble tonight, a simple dinner with him just would be lovely and it would end the night perfectly.

***

" Who is the girl Ronaldo?

" Is she your new girlfriend?"

" What happened to Irina?"

" Are you leaving Madrid?"

Lily covered her eyes a bit as the camera's flashed in her face, she was a little unsteady on her feet, Cristiano reached for her hand and linked it with his, he pulled her gently behind his body so she was out of the glare from the cameras.

" Do you have a name?

" Why so secretive?"

Lily shook her head slightly, she didn't know how Cristiano did it but he seemed unaffected by all the questions directed at them, she had been out a few times with Cristiano but it hadn't been as intense as tonight, but those times he had still been with Irina.

" Are you okay?" Cristiano asked, as he moved slightly to Lily's side and placed his hand on her lower back pushing her gently towards the restaurant.

Lily smiled a little " I will be fine once we are inside" she replied, hearing more yells directed at them " How do you ignore them?" she asked.

" You will get used to it, the more you are out with me" Cristiano smiled, but it didn't quite reach his eyes, he really hoped that this hadn't scared Lily, he could see she was a little unnerved by it but hoped that she would quickly forget it as the night progressed.

Lily looked back at the waiting paps they looked so hungry to get any story tonight " I don't think I will ever get used to it" she mumbled.

Cristiano just smiled as he opened the door for Lily, she was glad to have stepped into the nice and warm restaurant and to be away from the waiting paps.

Cristiano gave his name to their host, she smiled at Cristiano but completely ignored Lily " I am Delia and I will be your host tonight, any problems just come to me" she said, placing her hand on Cristiano's arm.

Lily frowned a little as she watched Delia flirt with Cristiano and he didn't seem to mind, he hadn't even moved the hand from his arm, shaking her head she refused to get upset about that, it wasn't like they were together yet.

Cristiano looked at Lily, he saw the frown on her face and smirked a little but said nothing about it, as he reached for her hand and led her over to their table.

Lily followed Cristiano to their table, she pulled her hand out of his when she saw who was sitting at their table, her parents, brother and Victoria. She still hadn't forgiven any of them for forgetting her birthday.

" What are they doing here?" she hissed at Cristiano.

Cristiano heard the anger in Lily's voice and hoped this was not going to go the way Ricky had warned him it would " I thought it would be nice for you to spend time with your family and victoria" he replied.

" Why?" Lily asked crossing her arms across her chest " Not like they wanted to spend time with me" she muttered, with a dark look towards the table.

Cristiano stared down at Lily knowing she had a right to be upset but he thought he was doing a good thing " I know you are angry at them right now, but why don't you hear them out" he said.

" I don't know if I am ready to talk to them" she muttered.

Cristiano leaned closer to Lily " Just try and if you still feel uncomfortable in say a hour we can leave" he replied.

Lily glared at Cristiano she was a bit annoyed with him, that he had sprung this on her, he should have stayed out of it " I can't believe you did this" she muttered " But fine I will stay and hear what they have to say" she added with a bitter smile. " If I don't like what they have to say I am gone" she warned.

" That is okay with me" Cristiano smiled, just relieved that Lily hadn't totally gone crazy at him, maybe tonight would go better than he thought.

Matthew watched Cristiano with his daughter, and he didn't like it,she was far too close to him, he would never want Cristiano with Lily, his daughter deserved better than a promiscuous footballer.

Victoria smiled weakly at Lily, she knew she had a lot of groveling to do, she hadn't meant to forget Lily's birthday but with everything going on with her and Neymar she had been a little distracted.

" I love your dress Lils" Victoria gushed.

Lily sat down in her chair next to Cristiano " Thank you it was a gift" she replied, with a warm smile, yes she was still annoyed that her best friend missed her birthday but she was just glad to see Victoria tonight, her parents not so much.

" A gift from him?" Matthew asked, glaring at Cristiano.

Mary sighed a little as she smiled weakly at Lily just glad that their daughter had came tonight " Matthew please don't start" she warned.

" No if you must know it was a gift from his sisters" Lily smiled.

Matthew took a sip of his drink " Same thing" he retorted.

Lily just glared at her father, wondering why he even bothered to show up tonight if he was just going to have sly digs all night. She was about to say something to him, when Jason cut her off by asking Cristiano how his season was going.

" Its been a difficult season, but we are trying to win the champions league again" Cristiano said to Jason.

Matthew just smirked coldly at Cristiano " Good luck with that, in my opinion Barcelona are the only team winning anything this season" he replied.

Lily just rolled her eyes as she looked at her mother who was just staring down at the table " Mum how are you?" she asked.

Mary looked up and smiled at Lily " I am good, we are good" she replied, looking at Matthew who was still glaring at Cristiano.

Lily reached under the table for Cristiano's hand, she gave it gentle squeeze she just knew how unbearable her father could be.

" Sorry about missing your birthday sis" Jason smiled, as held out a present for Lily. " That is from me and Jack" he added. " Jack couldn't be here tonight because he had an art class, you know how he gets over them" he laughed.

Lily smiled at Jason, before she opened her present, she gasped a little as she stared down at the picture, Jack had clearly drew the picture, it was one of her and Cristiano after the Brazil game, where he was leaning into her with his shirt flung over his shoulder.

" I love it" Lily smiled, showing Cristiano the picture.

Cristiano took the picture from Lily and admired Jason's boyfriend handiwork " Its very good" he agreed.

" This is from Me and Neymar" Victoria said, as she handed Lily a envelope, hoping this would make up for her missing Lily's birthday.

Lily opened the envelope to find tickets for the next Clasico in Barcelona she laughed loudly " Really?" she asked, glancing at Cristiano who also saw the tickets, he just smirked at them.

" Look further inside" Victoria laughed.

Lily pulled the tickets out and saw that Victoria had booked them a girls holiday to Germany, she had always wanted to go there and was surprised Victoria had remembered " Just you and me?" she asked.

Victoria nodded her head " I thought we could do with a girls holiday, straight after the clasico, hence the tickets" she replied.

" Yeah I would like that as well" Lily smiled.

Matthew laughed into his glass, Lily looked over at her father " Something you care to share?" she asked, annoyed with his attitude so far tonight.

" I was just thinking you might find a nice German" Matthew said spitefully as he looked at Cristiano.

Lily just rolled her eyes, and looked away the best thing to do when her father was in this mood was to ignore him. " Too late for that" she replied, sharing a look with Cristiano.

Mary smiled at the way Lily looked at Cristiano it was clear to her Lily had fallen for the footballer and she was glad, as Cristiano seemed to have Lily's best interests at heart her husband would just have to suck it up, she doubted that Cristiano would be going anywhere soon.

" Here is our present" Mary said, as she handed Lily a rectangle box, " Now don't get too excited am sure its not as good as Victoria's present" she joked.

Lily gently ripped the paper and then opened the box, she smiled as she saw the necklace she thought she lost years ago, there was a bracelet to go with it, she gently took both of them out of the box and admired them.

" I love them" Lily gushed.

Matthew stared at the flashy charms bracelet that sat on Lily's arm, he knew that must have been from Cristiano " They will go with the bracelet that is already on your wrist" he said with a cold smile " Those ours is clearly not that flashy" he added.

" Dad will you please stop, I love all my gifts" Lily mumbled, as she asked Cristiano to help put the necklace and bracelet on her.

Mary beamed at her daughter, she knew she had to make more of an effort if she wanted to stay in Lily's life, Cristiano had made it clear to them that he wouldn't accept anything less from them.

" I am glad you like your presents, I am just sorry we missed your birthday" Mary said quietly.

Lily just smiled and shrugged her shoulders " You wouldn't have wanted to see me on my birthday anyways" she replied, sharing a laugh with Cristiano.

" Why?" Matthew asked.

Jason watched as his sister just blushed and shook her head, then she looked at Cristiano who just winked at her, then she blushed again, yep his sister was a goner where Cristiano was concerned.

" You two are so cute" Jason teased.

Lily just laughed as she reached for her drink " You should see us when we are fighting" she joked.

Victoria laughed gently " I have been there to witness that" she replied.

Matthew sighed it was clear to him that everyone liked Cristiano but him, he wished that Lily had picked someone better but she hadn't and now he was just going to have to deal with his daughter being with a footballer.

" Are you two actually together yet?" Jason asked.

Lily bit down on her lip not sure how to answer that, she looked at Cristiano and he just looked as uncomfortable at the question. " No we're not" she confirmed.

" Why not?" Jason asked, a little confused from what he saw from them together he had just assumed they were

Cristiano smiled awkwardly at Jason, knowing anything he said right now would probably set Matthew off " We're just figuring things out" he replied.

Matthew smiled cruelly as he looked at Lily " See he is not sure he wants to be with you" he taunted.

" I never said that" Cristiano said, annoyance creeping into his voice.

Lily pushed back her chair, she needed some fresh air, her father constant sly remarks was starting to get at her and she just needed a break from it all. " I am going outside to get a breather when I get back please stop with the sly remarks" she mumbled to her father.

Cristiano watched as Lily walked towards the door, he wanted to go after her but Victoria was way ahead of him " I will make sure she is okay" Victoria smiled at him, knowing Lily just needed her friend right now.

***

Lily sat down on the step and stared up towards the sky, the night had gone better than she expected, she just wish her dad would stop and respect her like he did with her brothers. She heard the door behind her open, but she didn't turn around, knowing it had to be Cristiano.

Victoria moved to sit next to Lily " I thought I would find you out here" she smiled.

" I thought you were Cristiano" Lily laughed, shaking her head as she stared down at the ground.

Victoria smiled a little " He was going to come after you, but I got there first" she replied.

A small smile crossed Lily's face " I have missed you" she admitted.

" Yeah not as much as I missed you" Victoria giggled, as she pulled Lily into a hug " I am sorry for missing your birthday" she added.

Lily hugged Victoria back tightly " Its fine its probably for the best that nobody but Cristiano and his team saw my very public meltdown" she laughed.

" You have got to tell me" Victoria smiled.

Lily paused slightly not sure if she wanted to go over that night again but she knew if it was Victoria she would want to know, so she decided to quickly fill Victoria in.

" Oh my god you finally told Cristiano that you like him" Victoria smirked " Its about time, but I don't get why you guys aren't together" she said quietly.

Lily just shrugged her shoulders as she played with the charms on her bracelet " He is still not over Irina I guess" she muttered.

" I have seen the way Cristiano looks at you, especially tonight he is definitely over Irina" Victoria replied.

Lily smiled at what Victoria just said wishing that was true but knew that Cristiano just needed a little more time " I guess we will see soon" she said " Enough about me, How are you and Neymar?" she asked.

Victoria smiled widely at the mention of her boyfriends name " Things are going great, I have something to tell you but it has to wait until we are in Germany" she smirked.

" Why?... You're not getting married are you?" Lily asked.

Victoria laughed, shaking her head she turned to Lily " No we're not getting married" she replied, staring down at her stomach.

Lily followed Victoria's gaze and shrieked loudly " You're pregnant" she whispered.

Victoria nodded her head " I wasn't supposed to tell anyone until we go on holiday, I promised Ney but I just had to share it with you" she rambled nervously " This is why I forgot your birthday I had too much going on" she mumbled.

" Congratulations" Lily smiled, as she hugged Victoria " And you are totally forgiving for missing my birthday" she smirked.

Victoria just laughed as she stared at Lily, Cristiano must be doing something right, as her friend had never looked happier and she wanted that to continue " You know that man of yours, he really gave me an earful for missing your birthday" she said quietly.

" He is not my man" Lily protested softly.

Victoria got to her feet " Maybe not yet, but the way he shouted at me over the phone, it won't be long before he is" she said, holding her hand out for Lily.

" I guess we will see" Lily smiled,as they walked back into the restaurant, she hoped the rest of the night would fly by and there would be no more sly remarks from her father.

***

Lily struggled to keep her eyes opened as Cristiano drove her home, tonight had been nice even her father had slowly calmed down a little, it had been nice spending time with her family and Victoria and she was so grateful to Cristiano for arranging tonight, nobody had ever done something like tonight for her, and it just made her fall for him a little bit more.

" We are home" Cristiano said, as he parked the car.

Lily looked out the window and saw they were at Cristiano's house " You are home, I am not" she joked, as she stepped out of the car.

" I just thought we could spend some time alone" Cristiano smiled, as he took Lily's hand and led her into his house.

Lily glanced at her watch and saw it was a little after eleven " You do realize its late don't you?" she asked.

" My family are not here, they are back in Portugal" Cristiano replied " So we don't have to worry about waking anyone up" he smirked.

Lily could feel that something was about to change between them, the looks they had shared all night, the way he would find ways to touch her, she didn't want to assume but maybe tonight was the start of something for them.

" Would you like a drink?" Cristiano asked.

Lily shook her head, she had enough to drink during dinner she watched as Cristiano fixed himself a drink " I should thank you for tonight" she said.

" You don't have to thank me" Cristiano smiled, his attention fully on his drink he was making " I only did what anyone else would" he added.

Lily sat down on the stool " No you went out of your way to get my family and Victoria to apologize for forgetting my birthday" she smiled " So thank you for that" she mumbled.

" I still don't think your father is all that keen on me" Cristiano pointed out, the older man had warmed slightly to Cristiano by the end of the evening, but he didn't think he would be on top of Matthew's Christmas card's list this year.

Lily just rolled her eyes " I let you into a secret my father has never really liked any of my boyfriends" she grinned.

Cristiano stopped what he was doing and looked at Lily " Am I your boyfriend?" he asked.

" You tell me" Lily fired back, a cheeky smile on her face, she still wasn't sure if Cristiano was ready for this, but there was only one way to find out.

The drink Cristiano was making now forgotten as he made his way to Lily, he admired the smile on her face he still wasn't sure that he was ready but he would never know if he didn't try " Do you want me to be your boyfriend?" he asked.

Lily stared up at Cristiano, even sitting on the stool he was way too tall for her , she reached for the back of Cristiano's neck and pulled his face down so it was even with hers " I guess you are" she grinned as she pressed her mouth against his.

" I guess I am" Cristiano said in between kisses, gently lifting Lily up from the stool.

Lily giggled against Cristiano's mouth " What are you doing?" she asked, pulling away slightly.

" Taking my girlfriend up to my room" He answered, a small smirk on his face, this felt right he just hoped that they were not rushing anything because of what happened tonight and how everyone assumed they were together. Cristiano knew they had to be careful but he had to start dating again sometime and Lily was the right person, he just had to make sure they took it slow and not rush into anything they weren't ready to deal with.