Steal My Heart

We Could Be Friends

Cristiano was losing it and badly, as his bedroom door shuddered, a few seconds later something smashed against the door, inside voices were raised, Lily put her head against the door to try and hear what was being said, but she couldn't understand a single word, it was really tempting just to stay by his bedroom door.

All this drama because Madrid lost to Barcelona in a must win game, she just didn't get why he was lashing out so badly, she could understand why he was angry but to smash his room up was taking things a little too far. She couldn't help but blame herself, for weeks she had been taunting Cristiano ever since her first day on the job, she and Cristiano had argued liked cat and dog. Lily should have been toast weeks ago but for some reason Cristiano kept her around. A few times she had opened her mouth to quit but the words always disappeared.

" Hey" Ricky walked towards Lily, in a grey suit, smiling nervously at her, he had hoped that somebody would have calmed Cristiano down by now, but the thud against the door told him nobody had succeeded yet.

" Hi, Hugo and Jorge are in there trying to calm him down now" Lily smiled.

Ricky rolled his eyes " It sounds like they are just pissing him off even more" he chuckled.

Lily flinched as something else hit the door " Is he always this bad when he loses a game?" she asked.

Ricky shook his head " Nah, its usually only the big games he reacts like this" he replied.

More shouting from the room and another thump against the door, then it all went quiet " I shouldn't have gone out for dinner, if I known he would he would be in this state" she mumbled " I thought I would beat him back from the game" she added.

Ricky stared at Lily a thoughtful look on his face " Why didn't you go to the game?" he asked.

" I hate football, it bores me" Lily admitted.

Ricky laughed a little as he leaned against the wall " You shouldn't blame yourself, you can't watch Cristiano all the time" he said.

" I'm paid to try" Lily sighed.

" If you did, Cristiano would have fired you for getting in his face" Ricky smiled. " Just like he did to the rest of his ex employees, giving him some breathing space is a good thing" he added.

Lily stared doubtfully at Ricky then jumped as something loud hit the door, it didn't seem that Cristiano was going to calm down anytime soon.

The door finally opened and Hugo walked out, he smiled at Lily and Ricky " I would leave Cristiano alone for a while" he warned them.

" Is he okay?" Lily asked, not sure why she was asking, it was not like her and Ronaldo were the best of buddies. The first two weeks of working for him had been hell, he had given her long lists of stuff that he needed to be done daily and if she didn't manage to complete them, he would just add them on to the next days daily list.

Hugo nodded his head, as he closed the door " He will be, Cristiano just needs a little time to calm down" he said.

" Okay well I guess I will go and finish my list" Lily smiled, then headed back downstairs, knowing it was probably for the best she stayed out of Cristiano's way.

***

Lily glanced at the time, it was a little after seven and she still was only halfway through her list, David was expecting her at his place at eight, it didn't look like she was going to be able to make it, sighing a little she pulled out her phone and sent David a quick message. Then got back on with fixing Cristiano's schedule. Her phone vibrated next to her, she glanced it and saw David had sent her a reply, she knew what it would say so she decided to ignore the message.

" You are still here, I thought you would be long gone"

Lily looked up to see Cristiano standing at the door, bottle of water in his hand and completely shirtless, she stared at his body longer than she should have, she hoped he would not notice but the smirk on his face told her he had.

" Yeah well your ridiculous lists has me working late" she mumbled.

Cristiano stepped into the room " You should go home, the list can wait until tomorrow" he replied, noticing how tired Lily looked.

Lily stared at Cristiano, surprise on her face " Okay who are you and what have you done with the real Ronaldo?" she joked.

" I just trying to be nice" Cristiano smiled.

Lily laughed " Really?" she asked.

" Okay so its kind of an apology for my behavior early" Cristiano said sheepishly.

Cristiano didn't need to apologize to her, it wasn't her room he trashed " Trashing your room such a rock star move" she replied with a teasing smile.

" Shut up, I just lost it because I was shit and Messi was perfect like always" he groaned.

Lily stared at Cristiano confusion crossed her face " Who is Messi?" she asked.

Cristiano looked at Lily like she had just grown two horns on her head " Lionel Messi, he is the angel and I am the devil or that is how the media portray us to be" he sighed.

" I still don't have any idea who you are talking about" Lily smiled, she hadn't been joking when she said she hated football, she had never seen a match in her life.

Cristiano smirked a little happy that someone didn't know who Messi was " I forgot how much you hate football" he said.

" Look Cristiano I know losing sucks, but surely you guys can come back from one defeat" Lily said, as her phone vibrated again, she ignored it again.

Cristiano hadn't missed Lily ignoring her phone " Are you not going to get that?" he asked curiously.

Lily shook her head " Its nobody important" she lied, as her phone vibrated again.

" Whoever is messaging you seems to disagree" Cristiano smirked.

Lily shifted a little uncomfortably in her chair " Can we get back to talking about you?" she asked.

Cristiano shook his head as he moved towards the desk " We talk about me all the time" he said.

Lily snorted a little " We rarely talk at all, I believe this is the most we have talked since I have started working for you" she smiled. Her phone vibrated loudly again, groaning she angrily unlocked her phone and fired a text to David.

" You should go home, I wouldn't want to keep you from your date with David" Cristiano said, having seen the message Lily had just sent.

Lily shook her head " Its finally really,working late gives me an excuse" she replied.

" Oh are things that bad between you?" Cristiano asked curiously.

Lily shrugged her shoulders " I would rather not talk about it" she replied.

" I would rather not talk about the game today but I was still made too" Cristiano smiled.

Lily leaned back in her chair, she was not about to talk about her pathetic love life with Cristiano " Can we go back to hating each other?" she asked, with a smile " I liked you better when you weren't poking your nose into my love life" she added.

Cristinao threw his head back and laughed, Lily smiled at his reaction " You know when I first met you I thought you were stuck up and rude, but now I think we could eventually be friends" he said.

" You and me being friends, I highly doubt that" Lily replied, they both were from different worlds it would never work.

Cristiano just smiled as he stood up " Why don't you stay for dinner and I prove to you us being friends could happen" he offered. " That is if you don't go to dinner with David of course" he added.

Lily knew she should have said no, but anything that didn't involve David sounded good to her right now " Can you cook?" she asked.

Cristiano rolled his eyes " I have my own personal cook" he boasted.

" Oh of course you have" Lily replied.

Cristiano made his way to the door " So are you staying for dinner?" he asked.

Lily bit on her lip knowing she should decline and go home and sort things out with David, but right now that just didn't appeal very much to her " Yes I will stay for dinner" she smiled.

***

Lily pushed her plate a side, it had been a lovely meal and Cristiano's company hadn't been as bad as she thought it was going to be, once you got past the walls he put up, he was actually an okay guy to be around, maybe she had misjudged him.

" So how long have you been with this David?" Cristiano asked.

Lily took a sip of her wine " Five years" she replied.

" Five years is a long time" Cristiano noted.

Lily sighed " Yeah" she said.

" You don't sound happy about that" Cristiano pointed out.

Lily put her glass back down on the table " I don't really want to talk about it" she muttered. "How about we talk about you and Irina?" she asked.

Cristiano frowned a little at the mention of his girlfriend's name, things between them were pretty rocky at the minute " I don't want to to talk about that either" he replied.

Lily laughed loudly " We make a right pair" she joked, as her phone vibrated on the table, she didn't even have to look at it to know who it was.

" You should take his call, you can't keep ignoring him" Cristiano said, as he stood up and began clearing the plates away.

Lily shook her head as she declined the call and then turned her phone off " I will talk to him tomorrow" she said, walking over to Cristiano and helped him load the dishwasher.

" So what do you want to talk about?" Cristiano asked.

Lily looked at Cristiano " Your room, how badly trashed is it?" she asked, smiling.

" Its not that bad, if you want I can show you my room" Cristiano said, with a wink.

Lily rolled her eyes " Yeah no thank you" she replied

Cristiano laughed as he leaned against the counter to look at Lily " Why does it seem you the only girl in the world that is immune to my charms" he grinned.

" Maybe because I am intelligent" Lily teased lightly.

Cristiano shook his head, as he flicked Lily with some water, he laughed as she glared at him " Sorry I could not help myself" he said, with his most innocent smile.

Lily quickly filled up a glass of cold water, she smiled at Cristiano as she moved closer to him, he walked way from her. " You wouldn't dare" he said, taunting her.

" Try me" Lily smiled as she flung the water towards him, he was standing by the door, the door opened and the water landed on Ricky instead.

Cristiano roared with laughter " Your aim is so bad" he said in between laughs.

Lily ignored Cristiano and went to apologize to Ricky who was glaring at her " I am so sorry that was meant for Cristiano" she said, trying to keep a straight face.

" I can't keep up with you two, one day you want to kill each other, then the next you are as thick as thieves" Ricky mumbled.

Lily smiled sheepishly as she looked at the time it was getting late, she should go " I am sorry" she said again, before she turned to Cristiano " I will see you tomorrow" she added, then hurried out the room, feeling slightly bad that Ricky got soaked instead of Cristiano, her intended target.