Steal My Heart

She Will Have To Do

Lily stepped closer to the door, she had been listening to Cristiano and Irina fight for the last half an hour, she didn't understand why those two stayed together, it was clear to her that relationship was toxic, she had been curious about what they had been fighting about this time, she suspected he had been cheating again, but after listening to them argue for the last half an hour it seemed that Irina was refusing to attend the Uefa award ceremony, she had no idea what that was only that Cristiano was favorite to win this award.

Pulling the door open, she stepped out the office, she needed some lunch and if she stayed in the office because of Cristiano's fight with Irina, she could be in there all day. Neither Cristiano or Irina looked at her as she walked past them.

" I am sick of this Irina, you never support me anymore" Cristano yelled loudly.

Irina laughed coldly " I went to the last award Ceremony and the one before that so stop acting like a child" she replied " I am sorry I can't make this one, but you have lots more people who would love to go with you" she added.

" I don't want them, I want you there" Cristiano muttered.

Shaking her head, Irina stared down at her nails, a bored expression on her face " I am not going with you, I have my own career to think about" she replied.

" A career you wouldn't have without me" Cristiano spat nastily.

Lily was standing at the kitchen door, she had been shamelessly been watching Cristiano and Irina fight, she couldn't understand how they could be so nasty to one another.

" Oh Honey I had a career well before you came along" Irina smiled coldly.

Cristiano laughed loudly " Not many people knew who you were before me" he said with a mocking smile.

" Do you think insulting me is the best way to get me to go with you?" Irina asked.

Lily watched as Cristiano threw his hands up in the air, a thing he did when he was frustrated " I am sorry I am just upset you won't go with me, I need you there with me" he sighed.

" I told you I can't go with you, find someone else, I am sure your brother would go with you" Irina replied. " Or maybe take the whole family, they all love the spotlight" she added.

Lily watched as Cristiano took a step closer to Irina " Don't start on my family" he warned.

" I am just giving you suggestions Cristiano" Irina smiled coldly.

Cristiano shook his head as he looked towards Lily, he stared at her a slow smile spread across his face, he knew this would rile Irina up even more. " Fine I will just ask Lily" he said.

Lily sighed, she didn't want to be dragged into any more fights between Cristiano and Irina " Don't you even dare" Irina called after Cristiano.

Cristiano stopped, a evil smirk on his face as he turned back to his annoyed girlfriend " Are you going come with me?" he asked.

" No I can't" Irina replied.

Cristiano shook his head as he walked towards Lily " I guess Lily will have to do" he said.

Lily glared at Cristiano " Don't even bother asking me, my answer is no" she warned him, she didn't want to be used to make Irina even more angry.

Cristiano leaned against the wall " You have to come with me, if I say so, I am your boss" he reminded her.

" You can't make me go to an awards Ceremony with you" Lily huffed, crossing her arms over her chest.

Cristiano rolled his eyes as he pushed past Lily " You are coming with me Lily " he replied, making it clear it was not up for discussion.

" Why not take Hugo or Ricky?" Lily asked, as she looked back at Irina, who was standing glaring at them.

Cristiano helped himself to an apple " Hugo has family commitments and Ricky is away with Claudia for a few days, I need someone to attend with me" he replied.

" Why don't you go with your mother?" Irina called out.

Cristiano looked at his girlfriend " She will be back home looking after my son" he replied.

" I can't go with you Cristiano" Lily said quietly.

Cristiano ignored Lily as he bit into his apple " Of course you can" he smiled " I will get your dress for the gala of course" he added.

" I can buy my own dress" Lily sighed as she sat down.

Cristiano smiled a little " Yes but you will have to look good on my arm, so I will buy you a dress" he replied.

Lily glared at Cristiano, she could tell he was so used to getting his own way all the time " I don't want to go" she mumbled.

" I don't care, you are coming with me and that is final" Cristiano replied, daring Lily with his eyes to say something else.

Lily shook her head, knowing there was no point in arguing with Cristiano she would never win " You don't even know my size" she pointed out.

Cristiano smirked a little " I can guess what size you will need" he said, winking at her, as Irina walked into the kitchen, a less than impressed look on her face.

" You can't take Lily what will the press say?" Irina said.

Cristiano looked at Irina " Well you won't go with me, so you are leaving me no other option" he retorted.

" I will be a laughing stock, Lily is hardly model material" Irina spat cruelly.

Lily rolled her eyes at the frustrated model " Is that meant to be an insult?" she asked.

Irina ignored Lily as she kept her eyes on Cristiano " You know questions will be raised if you take Lily" she reminded him.

" I don't really care Irina, you won't go with me, so I am taking Lily instead deal with it" Cristiano snapped at his girlfriend.

Irina glared at Lily like it was all her fault " Don't get any ideas" she warned.

Lily frowned at Irina " Excuse me?" she asked, not liking what Irina was implying.

" Cristiano is my man just remember that" Irina replied.

Lily couldn't control her laughter , she couldn't believe that Irina was trying to warn her off " Oh trust me honey I have no interest in that man of yours" she replied.

" Oh please girls throw themselves all the time, you won't be any different" Irina smiled coldly.

Lily looked towards Cristiano for help, but he just shrugged his shoulders and continued to eat his apple in silence " I am not interested in your boyfriend, trust me he would be the last man on earth I would ever think about sleeping with" she ranted angrily.

" I don't believe you" Irina said.

Lily shook her head as she stood up and moved towards the door " I don't care if you believe me or not" she replied, deciding to go out for lunch to get away from Irina and Cristiano, she should have done it earlier and she could have avoided this whole mess.

***

" The Man is so annoying" Lily ranted to her best friend Victoria over lunch " Do this Lily, do that Lily you don't have a choice Lily, I am your boss you must do as I say" she continued to rant.

Victoria bit back a smile she was so used to Lily rants but she had never ever seen Lily so worked up about a guy before not even David " So I guess you don't like Cristiano then?" she asked.

" When he is on his own he is actually bearable to be around, but when he is with Irina, he is a complete monster" Lily replied. " He didn't even ask me if I wanted to go to his stupid Ego boasting award Ceremony, he demanded it and used the boss card the idiot" she added.

Victoria laughed lightly " You might actually have fun" she replied.

Lily gave Victoria a I don't think so look, she wasn't interested in football or anything that went with it " What is so fun watching footballers getting pat on the back for kicking a ball around?" she muttered.

" Sometimes they take their shirts off that is fun" Victoria joked.

Lily smiled a little " I really don't want to go" she mumbled.

" Then don't go, Cristiano can't force you" Victoria replied.

Lily laughed, shaking her head " Cristiano always gets his way, even his family bow to his every demand" she replied, glancing at her watch, she had about half an hour before she had to go back to Cristiano's house.

" Okay enough about Cristiano how is things with David?" Victoria asked.

Lily sighed deeply not wanting to talk about David either " Things are not good, he is back from his trip soon and I am thinking about ending it" she replied.

" Are things really that bad?" Victoria asked.

Lily nodded her head slightly, as she pushed her plate of pasta aside she wasn't feeling very hungry today " I should never have got back with him" she admitted.

" Maybe you just need to give yourselves a little more time to figure things out" Victoria said gently, she knew how much Lily had loved David and didn't want to see Lily chuck everything away because things got a little tough.

Lily shook her head as she stared down at her plate " I have given this more time than I should have, I just want to be single for awhile, David and I are done" she replied. Feeling like a weight had just been lifted off her shoulder now she finally admitted out loud that her relationship was over.

" Okay if you are sure" Victoria smiled.

Pulling out her purse Lily nodded her head again, she was more than sure " We are done Vic, there is no going back, well not for me" she replied, as she handed Victoria her half of the bill for lunch She should never have taken David back, she thought they could fix things but she was so wrong and now she just wanted to be on her own for a while.

***

When Lily got back to Cristiano's house she found a gift waiting for her in the office, she looked at the large gift box that laid on the table, she had a feeling what is and felt a little uncomfortable that Cristiano was buying her dresses, he was her boss he shouldn't be buying her anything. Shaking her head she picked up the box and dumped it on the floor, she would open it later.

" Ah there you are Lily"

Lily looked up at the sound of Irina's voice, she had hoped that she had left for New York but it seems she wouldn't be leaving today. " Can I help you with something?" Lily asked.

" Cristiano wants you to pick up his suit for the gala, then collect his son from school and take him to Madrid's training ground" Irina smiled.

Lily frowned she wasn't here to babysit Cristiano's young son " What is wrong with you collecting his son, he knows you, he hardly knows me" she pointed out.

" I am heading back to New York soon" Irina lied.

Lily glanced at the time and sighed she would have to leave now if she wanted to make it in time for Junior getting out of school " Are you sure there is no one else that can do this?" she asked " I mean wouldn't it be better if it was you or his family" she added.

" No Cristiano wants you to collect his son and pick up his suit" Irina smiled, she was asked to do it, but she wasn't in Madrid to run after Cristiano, that is what he had Lily and his family for, she was too good for that.

Lily picked up her phone and car keys " I don't even have a car seat for his son" she replied.

" There is a spare one in Cristiano's room upstairs, I will get it for you" Irina said rather quickly.

Lily opened and closed her mouth as she watched Irina hurry upstairs, she couldn't help but feel the model was up to something, something about this didn't feel right but she was not about to get into an argument about it. She would do what Irina asked and if Cristiano had a problem with it then he could take it up with her.

***

Lily smiled as Junior skipped next to her, as they made their way over to the team, after she had picked up Cristiano's suit, she had just made it in time to pick Junior up, the school had been reluctant to release Junior to her, she had to call Cristiano, who wasn't happy with Irina, apparently he hadn't told her to get Lily to pick Junior up. After the school talked with Cristiano, she was free to leave with Junior and now a hour later they had arrived at Madrid's training ground.

Junior immediately ran over to Cristiano and Marcelo, It had taken Lily twenty minutes to find Madrid's training ground, she wasn't familiar with anything to do with football. A few footballers looked her way as they passed, but she ignored them, not interested in what they thought about her turning up.

" So are you going to introduce us?" Marcelo asked, looking curiously at Lily.

Cristiano ignored Marcelo as he took a step towards Lily " Thanks for picking up my son, I had asked Irina to do it" he said.

" I thought that, she is so sneaky" Lily replied " She even got me to pick up your suit for tomorrow" she added.

Cristiano shook his head, annoyed with his girlfriend " Well where is my suit?" he asked.

" Its in my car, don't worry its perfectly fine" Lily stammered nervously.

Marcelo stared at Lily " Hi my name is Marcelo" he smiled, holding his hand out for Lily.

" Lily" she smiled shyly.

Cristiano edged a little closer to Lily " Did you like your dress?" he asked.

" I haven't seen the dress yet" Lily admitted.

Marcelo looked towards Cristiano " You are buying Lily dresses already you move fast" he low whistled.

" Lily is my PA, Jorge thought I needed someone to look after me" Cristiano replied rolling his eyes " I only bought her a dress because she is attending the gala with me, because Irina can't" he added.

Marcelo smirked a little " Speaking of Satan where is she?" he asked, looking around for any sign of Irina.

"Irina said she is heading back to New York today" Lily replied.

Cristiano shook his head again " Irina is not leaving until tomorrow morning, you need to realize fast she is a fantastic actress" he muttered.

" Okay so what do you want me to do now?" Lily asked.

Cristiano glanced at Junior, he was kicking a ball around he would want to stay for a while " You can take my suit back to the house, thanks again for picking up Junior" he smiled gratefully.

" It was not a problem, you have a sweet kid there" Lily smiled " Nothing like his father" she added with a teasing smile.

Marcelo laughed as he walked over to Junior and took the ball of him and made the young boy chase after him to get the ball back.

" Well I will see you later" Lily said, smiling a little awkwardly.

Cristiano waved at Lily, before he turned and headed over to his son and Marcelo, he would make sure that he would have words with his girlfriend later when he arrived home.