Steal My Heart

That Is What They All Say

Lily smoothed down her dress as she stared at her reflection in the mirror, she must admit that Cristiano had good taste, the dress was a lovely midnight blue off the shoulder gown, she loved it but she couldn't help but feel a little awkward, the dress didn't look cheap, Cristiano was her boss, he shouldn't be spending this much on her.

" Oh Wow you look beautiful" Victoria smiled, as she stepped into the room, she had come with Lily, mainly because she didn't want to be on her own with Cristiano for the whole trip.

Lily turned to face Victoria " I just feel so awkward, I have only been working for Cristiano a few months, he shouldn't be spending his money on me" she replied.

" You are doing him a favor Lily, let the man spend as much as he wants on you" Victoria joked, as she walked towards Lily, to help with her hair.

Lily laughed slightly " This is such a bad idea" she mumbled.

" Lily, you might enjoy tonight" Victoria said, as she twisted Lily's hair into a stylish knot.

Biting on her lip nervously, Lily shook her head gently " Flashy events like this is not my thing" she smiled. " Oh god what is David going think when he see pictures of me and Cristiano" Lily eyes widened as she remembered her boyfriend, he was still on a overseas trip with his work,She had yet to end their relationship.

" Breathe Lily Breathe" Victoria smiled " You are just going with Cristiano because of work that is what you tell David" she added.

Lily's phone vibrated on the table, she reached over and picked up her phone and groaned " David is calling me, I have no time for this, I was supposed to be at Cristiano's hotel room half an hour ago" she rushed out. " He is going kill me" she added.

" Just let it go to Voicemail" Victoria suggested.

Lily stared at her phone knowing she should take the call but she didn't have time to argue with David tonight, so she did what Victoria suggested, she let his call go to voicemail, she would call him back when she was done with the gala.

***

Lily knocked lightly on Cristiano's hotel room door, she heard footsteps approaching the door, she raised her head as the door opened, to reveal a not impressed half dressed Cristiano, he barely looked at her as he walked back across the room, she frowned a little wondering what had crawled up his ass and died.

" Is something wrong?" Lily asked, licking her lip Nervously.

Cristiano laughed sarcastically " You tell me" he replied, holding up his bright red polka dot suit.

Lily gasped loudly, wanting to laugh but one look at Cristiano's face warned her not to " Is that your suit?" she asked, failing to hide the smile on her face.

Cristiano glared at Lily as he threw the offending suit back on the bed " You picked up the wrong suit, this isn't my suit" he yelled at her.

" Well your name was on the suit that I picked up" Lily mumbled.

Cristiano just shook his head furiously as he put on a white crisp shirt, Lily was lucky he always brought a back up suit to these events. " Did you even double check that it was my suit?" he asked, as he buttoned up his shirt.

" Of course I did, I am not stupid" Lily replied.

Cristiano snorted loudly " That is debatable" he spat angrily.

" Did you ever think that your spiteful girlfriend might be behind the awful suit?" Lily asked, annoyed that Cristiano was taking this out on her.

Pulling his suit jacket on Cristiano looked over at Lily " Now why would Irina do that?" he asked.

Lily laughed a little " I don't know what goes on inside the head of your crazy girlfriend" she replied.

" Careful" Cristiano warned, his brown eyes locked on Lily.

Moving to sit on the bed " I am just stating facts" Lily smiled.

Cristiano just rolled his eyes as he picked up his phone and wallet and put them in his pocket, he glanced at his appearance one more time and was happy with what he saw.

Lily smirked " If you want I can give you and the Mirror some alone time" she taunted.

" Oh shut up" Cristiano muttered, as he opened the door and beckoned Lily to follow him, she sighed as she followed him out the room, he hadn't even commented on her appearance tonight and it shouldn't have bothered her but it did.

***

The drive to the venue took a little over fifteen minutes, the car stopped and Lily flinched a little at the waiting screaming fans outside,she was not used to this and Cristiano seems to have forgotten that as he strode out the car, he didn't even bother waiting her for.

Lily got out of the car and slowly walked behind Cristiano, the flashes were blinding her, she stumbled a little and that is when Cristiano reached out and grabbed her hand linking it with his, she felt a little bit more secure as he led her into the venue.

As soon as they entered the venue Cristiano quickly pulled his hand away from her, he was swarmed by people he knew and some of his teammates. Lily stood a little back and watched as Cristiano enjoyed his moment in the spot light. Someone pushed her a little, she placed her hand on the wall to steady herself, she was not used to this and she didn't like it. She hated how Cristiano had just walked away and left her on her own to fend for herself.

Spying the bar across the room, Lily made her way over to it and sat down, she ordered herself a glass of wine, they still had some time before the ceremony began, she looked around the room for Cristiano, finally spotting him kissing some girl on the cheek.

" Are you Ronaldo's girl?"

Lily shook her head " No definitely not" she yelled rather loudly.

The man chuckled as he sat next to Lily " But you came with him tonight?" he smiled.

Lily admired the smile, the man sitting next to her was a good looking man and he quite clearly knew it " I work for him, I only came because his crazy girlfriend couldn't" she replied with a smile.

" Do you know who I am?" the man asked.

Lily frowned and shook her head " No but I guess you are going tell me anyways" she said.

" My name is Neymar" he smiled.

Lily smiled back at Neymar " I assume you are a footballer too?" she asked.

" Yes one of the best" Neymar smirked, as another man came to stand next to him.

Lily rolled her eyes " Is that supposed to impress me?" she asked.

" Who are you trying to chat up now Ney?" the man asked.

Lily looked at the man " Who are you?" she asked.

Neymar laughed loudly " You don't know Leo?" he asked.

" No I hate football so I don't know many footballers" Lily replied.

Leo smiled at her " So how do you know Ronaldo?" he asked, he and everyone else had noticed Cristiano turning up with someone who wasn't his girlfriend.

" Its a long story" Lily said, as she sipped on her wine. " So what is your full name?" she asked Leo.

Neymar grinned, shaking his head he couldn't believe the girl hadn't heard of Leo " His full name is Lionel Messi" he replied.

" As so you are the player that gets under Ronaldo's skin so much" Lily grinned, as she spotted Cristiano walking towards them.

Cristiano smiled politely at Neymar and Leo before he turned to Lily " What are you doing?" he asked.

" Just talking" Lily smiled.

Cristiano took the glass of wine out of Lily's hand and placed it on the bar " Well its almost time, we should head in" he said, reaching for her hand and pulled Lily to her feet.

" It was nice talking to you" Neymar smiled at Lily " What is your name?" he asked, not missing the annoyance on Cristiano's face.

Lily smiled at Neymar " Its Lily" she replied, before Cristiano pulled her away.

" Ouch you are hurting me" Lily muttered.

Cristiano loosened his grip on Lily's hand " Sorry" he replied, sounding anything but sorry, in fact he sounded pissed.

" Are you angry with me?" Lily asked.

Cristiano shook his head as he glanced at Lily " Why would I be angry with you?" he muttered.

" You left me on my own what was I supposed to do stay in the corner and not talk to anyone?" she hissed quietly at him.

Cristiano led Lily to their seats " I am not mad" he said, as they sat down.

" Well you might want to convince your face" Lily retorted quietly.

Cristiano stared at Lily " Can you just shut up now?" he asked.

" Fine, I hope you lose" Lily mumbled as she shifted a little away from Cristiano, hoping that tonight would go so quickly so this night could be done with. This would be the last time she came to one of these things with him.

***
" I won, I am the best" Cristiano smirked, as they made their way out to the waiting car.

Lily ignored the flashing lights as she climbed into the car " Careful you head might be able to fit in the car" she said to Cristiano as he climbed in beside her.

Cristiano rolled his eyes " You think am a big head?" he asked.

" I don't think, I know" Lily smiled, as she looked out the window.

A slow smile Crossed Cristiano's face, he had been a bit of a monster towards Lily tonight and she had mostly dealt with it " Thanks for coming with me tonight" he said.

" Oh god Is Cristiano Ronaldo thanking me?" Lily gasped loudly.

Cristiano leaned in closer to Lily " I guess I am" he smiled, as his phone started ringing.

Lily peaked at caller Id, Irina was calling him " Your crazy girlfriend wants to congratulate you" she said.

" What did I say earlier careful how you speak about my girlfriend" Cristiano muttered " Oh and she isn't Crazy" he added, before he connected the call.

Lily looked out the window " Whatever you say" she muttered.

Yawning a little Lily leaned her head back on the seat, she listened a little to Cristiano's conversation, it seemed his relationship was better when they were not in the same city, she smirked a little but that quickly fell away when she realized her own relationship was not that stable.

Cristiano ended his call five minutes later, he glanced at Lily and saw she was half sleeping " We should stay at out hotel tonight and head back to Madrid tomorrow" he said.

Lily nodded her head in agreement " Yeah I agree" she yawned.

***

Cristiano walked Lily to her room, she opened her door and stepped into her room, she undid her heels and pulled them off as Cristiano stepped into the room.

" Can I help you with something?" she asked, confused why he had come into her room.

Cristiano put his award down and moved towards the bed and sat down " I am not tired and thought we could hang out" he smiled.

" You are my boss" Lily reminded him, as she struggled with her dress, cursing a little she knew she should have just shared a room with Victoria but no Lily wanted her own room, shaking her head, she walked towards the door knowing Victoria was going kill her for waking her up just so she can unzip her dress.

Cristiano frowned as he watched Lily " Where are you going?" he asked.

" I need Victoria to unzip my dress for me" Lily replied.

Cristiano rolled his eyes as he got up from the bed " I will unzip your dress" he offered.

Lily went to say no but Cristiano walked over to her and forced her to turn around, she shivered a little a the feel of his fingers on her skin as he unzipped her dress.

" Thank you" Lily said, not looking at Cristiano.

Cristiano smiled at the blush on Lily's face " If I wasn't your boss, I would tell you how beautiful you looked tonight" he said.

Lily blushed again, as she walked towards her suitcase and pulled out shorts and a t shirt " You should go back to your room" she said.

" Why can't control yourself around me?" Cristiano smirked, as he unbuttoned his shirt a little.

Lily laughed lightly " Oh please you are not that good looking" she replied.

" The millions of fan girls I have would disagree with you" Cristiano said smugly.

Lily quickly got changed then headed towards the bed " I feel like my normal self again" she said, as she sat down next to Cristiano, he took his shoes off and laid back against the pillows and turned on the TV.

" You look good either way" Cristiano replied.

Lily pulled her hair down and ran a brush through it " You shouldn't be saying that to me" she said.

" What I can't give you a compliment?" Cristiano asked innocently.

Lily shook her head " Not when you have a crazy girlfriend" she smiled.

" Irina is not crazy" Cristiano laughed.

Lily twirled her finger at the side of her head " Crazy" she said again.

" Okay I get it you don't liker her, but I do" Cristiano replied.

Lily pulled the covers back on her side of the bed and climbed in " Yeah I wonder why, It can't be for her brain, she doesn't have one" she retorted.

" Meow, Do you want a saucer of Milk?" Cristiano grinned.

Lily laughed a little as she closed her eyes " No I am good thanks" she replied " You should really go back to your own room" she added.

" I am having too much fun annoying you" Cristiano joked.

Lily opened her eyes slightly " I doubt you crazy girlfriend will like the fact you are in my room, she has warned me off you" she yawned again. " She needn't worry I have no interest in you none at all" she added.

" That is what they all say before they fall for the arrogant bad boy" Cristiano smirked.