Sequel: Dear God
Status: ~finito~

Gimme One Reason.

2

Surprisingly, I didn't feel like literal death the next morning, which is what I banked on. I was actually in a good mood. Matt had got me to vent about school finally, some stuff I had neve told them and only Zack, some times no one even knew at all. But regardless.

My phone buzzed from beside my bed. I picked it up quickly and answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey baby."

I smirked at the voice "Oh hey Nate." I laid back down, holding the phone close "What's up?"

"Oh nothing." He laughed "Heard you had a great party last night, sorry I wasn't there-"

"It's fine." I cut him off.

Nate had been my on-and-off boyfriend since Junior year. I had rebounded from Mike, who's parents forced me in to an abortion, with Nate. He was great, but we hadn't taken that step yet. Yes I had lost my virginity, yes it was to Mike. No Matt didn't know about it, that's why he thought our bet still held last night.

"Fuck." I mumbled.

"You ok?" Nate asked.

"Yah... I gotta go Nate, I'll call you back in a second hun.." I mumbled and hung up, shaking my head as to why I called him hun.

I fucking vented about that last night, about Mike, and the baby... Matt knew. Matt fucking knew and that would be fucking weird. He had told me, celebrated with me really, when he lost his with his girlfriend. It was kind of a thing we did, fucking sue us.

I darted out of bed, disregarding the fact I was in pajamas, and ran down stairs. Matt was, right where we left him, on the couch while Brian had passe out on the chair beside him.

"Matt!" I shook his arm, shaking violently until he scared awake "Matt!"

"What?" He asked, rubbing his eyes "Are you ok?" He asked "Is everything alright?"

"I'm sorry, I never told you-"

He cut me off and laughed "About Mike? That's your business, Elizabeth, and those circumstances I can tell why you didn't spill about it." He shrugged "Don't worry.... god, what time is it?" He glanced towards the cable box for the time "Fuck... I told Val I'd pick her up at eleven to go to lunch..."

I looked over, it was one in the afternoon "So go, blame me, tell her you got hammered partying." I shrugged "She hasn't cared before."

"Yah well.." He paused and sat up "Yah, I'll talk to you later little Baker, see ya kid." He kissed the top of my head and walked for the door, waking a sleeping Brian in the process and taking him along, since they drove together last night. Their girlfriends were sisters, twins in fact, they could go explain at the same time. Save time.

I sighed and watched the door close, wondering where Zack ended up. I walked up to his room and knocked, earning no response.

"Zackyyyy!" I called, knocking again. Nothing. I kicked the door open and peered quickly.

His black hair was barely visible above the covers, but his entire lower body was exposed. He was in basketball shorts and some gross old shirt mom had tried throwing out since freshman year but he always managed to get back. I walked over, crawling in beside him, staring at him as he slept. Soon I felt myself drifting to sleep also.

"Why are you in here?" Zack mumbled, adjusting himself and pushing the covers over me also.

"I woke up and everyone left." I sighed, yawning slightly.

"Oh.. ok." He muttered, without even opening his eyes, and pushed me gently as I poked his side "I'm gonna miss you sis."

"I know." I took a breath in, remembering suddenly the fact they were going to start 'touring' this year. Pretty much packing up a van and playing venues.

"I'm gonna miss you invading my bed and stealing my warmth." He laughed and turned over, allowing me to wrap my arms around him like we had always done when we were smaller. I would have a nightmare and crawl in to Zack's bed as opposed to Mom and Dad's. "Like old times."

"Always." I smiled.

"And forever."

~***~

"Fucking freaks!"

My eyes popped open to Jimmy standing in Zack's doorway. I glanced around and noticed I was half laying over Zack's chest, his arm haphazardly laying over my stomach.

"Go away." Zack mumbled "I'm snuggling my little sis."

"Yah, your seventeen year old sister." Jim laughed.

"What do you even want?" Zack asked, throwing a pillow at Jimmy and sitting up, causing me to fall off him sideways. "Sorry." He apologized to me and pulled me up beside him.

"Well we were gonna go in to LA today and try to work on some of these demos." Jimmy shrugged "But I guess weird incest cuddling is more important."

"Ah fuck!" Zack stood up quick "I totally forgot, I knew there was a reason I didn't get hammered last night."

"And Miss Little Baker, how was your night?" Jimmy asked, taking Zack's spot as he left to go shower.

"Meh, drank a ton.." I smiled as he nodded "Too much."

"I heard." He sighed "Sorry."

"Shit happens, I lived. Whatever. Also, how long you guys gonna be gone? I'm kind gonna be bored.."

"A few hours? I can have Matt send Val over-"

"Nah, I'm fine Jim." I smiled, remembering the fact Nate had called earlier "I'll find something to do."

"Or someone." Jimmy smirked at me "Tell him I'm in the car, see ya Elizabeth."

"Bye Jimbo." I smiled as he left the room.

I resumed my spot in Zack's bed, pulled the covers over my head and snuggled in to his pillow. I was going to miss them like fuck when they left. Guess now was as good a time as any to start finding ways to cope.. Right?