Sequel: Dear God
Status: ~finito~

Gimme One Reason.

21

It felt so good, to be sitting in the back of a car, driving away from the city, towards camp. Brian's family had a camp at Big Bear Lake, it was like two hours away from us. But it felt so nice to get away.

Matt had his hand running through my hair, Brian was driving with Michelle in the seat next to him. Zack and Jacky, along with Brian's brother Brent, were in the car behind us. Some of his other family was already there.

The ride was almost over, I had been staring out my open window the whole time, taking in the evident change in air quality as we neared the house.

"It's so perfect out here." I sighed against the door, almost half asleep as Matt's fingers massage my skull "Ugh, stop or I'm gonna fall asleep."

"Whatever." He laughed and removed his hand "We're almost there, you can nap at the lake."

"Yah, yah, I know." I nodded and watched as Brian turned in to the driveway "I would kill to live out side of the city."

"You'd hate your life in three days." Brian laughed "It's too quiet, nothing to do."

"Sometimes quiet is the best." I mumbled as we all piled out, Brian popped the back of the car and we all grabbed our bags. "You'd think Matt was packed for a week."

He rolled his eyes, he had three bags packed for two days. Worse than me, I had a backpack of essentials and that was it.

"Sorry I plan on being in the water a ton and getting fucked up playing football with those fuckers." He smirked and pointed as Zack pulled in "Brent gets brutal."

"Yah last time we played someone got a dislocated shoulder." Michelle rolled her eyes and gestured towards Brian.

I'd never come to camp with them before, Zack had and obviously Matt. They went up multiple times a year, Brian Sr. pretty much lived up here in the summer. Brian's family loved this place, and I could tell why. I was so happy I got to come with them, I needed this get away. Even if it was only a few nights away from everything. The lights, the sounds, the city... The bullshit.

Brian shows us in to the massive house, showing us to where we would be sleeping, pretty much a crash wherever situation. It was a typical lake house, but larger. The upstairs was four bedrooms, a loft, and two bathrooms. The downstairs was all open concept, a huge kitchen with a large counter bar, the living room was two massive couches with chase lounges, and a couple reclining chairs and a massive television.

"Shit." I laughed as we walked in, Brian's mom was putting out some snacks.

"Oh hey guys," She smiled "Oh, good, Liz you got the time off work. You're gonna love it up here."

"The newest Vengenace actually made it?" I turned as Brian's dad, Brian Sr. walked in from the back deck, "Good, we'll need someone to help Michelle and Suzy keep everyone in line."

"Also, newer Vengeance," Brian snickered as he gestured to Jacky "Mom, dad, this is Jacky. Zack's girlfriend."

"Oh hey!" Mr. Haner... Ok, let's just call him dad for names sake.

"Hi." She smiled and waved "Thanks for letting me come with Zack, this is so nice up here."

"Any time hun," Suzy smiled "The house is always open, I hate when there's a weekend no ones here. Such a waste, it's so beautiful."

"Oh I bet." She smiled, hanging off of Zack's arm like a purse. Michelle and I rolled our eyes in unison, causing Matt and Brian to nudge both of our arms.

"So!" Dad gestured at us "Drop those bags and let's go. The jet ski is waiting, the tubes hooked on to the boat. McKenna is around here somewhere..." He looked around "Probably already on the tube.."

"Probably." Brent laughed and patted his dad's shoulder before walking out back.

"Go change, hurry, before we head to the middle of the lake!" Dad shouted before following Brent out back, where I heard a loud shriek and a splash.

"Annnd Kenna's in the lake." Brian laughed "You ladies go get your bathing suits on, we'll be out back."

"Ok." Michelle smiled, giving Brian a quick kiss before leading Jacky and I upstairs. "So you guys can crash wherever, I'll doubt we'll even make it back up here at night." She laughed a little "Usually we get tanked outside and pass out in a chair or on the dock... Well that's Zack's specialty."

"Yah, I've heard." I laughed as we all turned our backs to each other and quickly slipped on our bikinis. Well, Michelle and I had bikinis, Jacky had some weird cut out one piece.

"Ok, now lets do this and kick off this week!" Michelle grabbed three nips of vodka from her bag and handed them to us.

"You mean weekend." I laughed as we took the shots together.

"Week. It's a week." She winked at me "Don't worry, Matt already talked to Jessica and your boss and got you cleared for the week."

"Ah fuck me." I laughed "Here's to a week of being drunk then!" I held my hand up and screeched as Michelle copied my motion. Jacky just stared "Oh hun,"

"Welcome to the family." Michelle and I slung our arms around her as we said in unison.

The three of us skipped down the stairs in a line, out the door, and down the two steps off the back deck. Thankfully there weren't many stairs in the house, that would be an issue for drunk Liz later on. We grabbed beers from a mini fridge under the deck, where there was also a bar set up in front of is with chairs and a fire pit and corn hole.

"Shit." I laughed, taking it all in as we followed Mich to the water, where the guys were waiting on the boat with Dad and a very soaked McKenna.

"There they are." Dad smiled and started the boat up "Lets get tubing ladies!"

We hopped on and sat down next to our respective men. Matt wrapped his arm around me tight, kissing the top of my head and I smiled to myself, snuggling against him as the wind blew my hair in to his face. He wiped it aside and looked down at me.

"You are so fucking hot." He smirked at me "I'm so happy you're mine."

"Touche, Mr. Shadows, touche." I poked his abs and smiled, kissing his lips gently.

"WOOAH!" Brent shouted and stared at us "Matt!"

"What?" He asked, looking up quickly as Brent, McKenna, and Dad stared "What?!" He laughed.

"Did you just kiss Zack's sister?" Dad asked, eyeing us curiously.

"Um... yes?" Matt looked to Brian "You didn't spill that... never mind, Michelle, you didn't spill that detail?" He laughed.

"I guess not... I mean... Neither of us really thought to.." She shrugged "So anyways, guys, Matt and Elizabeth are dating now.. Hence why Val isn't here."

"You know, I did think that was kind of weird that she wasn't coming and Elizabeth was suddenly coming with them..." Brent mumbled "Well then."

"Congrats!" Dad shouted as he stopped the boat "Ok, who the fuck is going on first? Kenna?" He winked at her.

"Only if Brian comes with me." She poked his side, "How about it bro?"

"No!" He shouted "Because you tickle me, and I always fall off first!"

"That's just because you suck, now get on the tube with your little sister or I throw you off myself." Matt kicked at Brian's leg.

"You go on with her you big freak." Brian eyed Matt as he stood up, following McKenna's lead in to the water and climbed on the tube.

"Ok, thumbs up means faster, down means slower, and a fist means stop!" Dad shouted "But like we're listening to you guys we're throttling this bitch." He laughed under his breath, hitting the throttle on the boat.

Brian began screaming, like little girl screaming. McKenna was laughing her ass off as Brian scrunched his head down to the tube, holding on for his life as McKenna let go with one arm, using the free hand to tickle Brian's sides. He didn't even bother using a hand signal he just started pushing her.

"He's gonna push her right off." I laughed as we had all turned around to watch.

"Nah, he knows better. His dad will beat his ass." Matt laughed, watching the two fighting on the tub. "And there's a wave, he's done." Matt pointed as the tube hit part of the boats wake and flung the tube in the air, Brian's hands released as he flew off, and belly flopped in to the water.

"YAAH!" McKenna screeched as dad slowed the boat down. Brian swam, slowly and painfully, to the side of the boat where Zack helped him in.

"Dude that was weak." Brent laughed as McKenna climbed in to the boat "Again, another incident where Kenny out lasts you on the tube."

"Shut up, she's pure evil. More than me. That's bad." Brian laughed as Michelle poked his stomach "Oof!" He crunched down and over "Stop that hurts. I fell flat.."

"Supposed to tuck.. who's next?" Dad turned and smirked at me, then Michelle, then Jacky.

"Fine!" Michelle stood up, grabbing Jacky's hand then mine. We took chugs of our beers and jumped on to the tube. "This is gonna suck... if you come off, hold your bottoms." She looked at me, considering Jacky had a one piece on.

"Got it." I laughed as dad took off, all three of us holding on for dear life. I couldn't stop screaming. My eyes were closed and I felt Jacky let go, a splash behind us. But dad kept going. I opened my eyes and looked at Michelle.

"Isn't this the best?!" She shouted "And he totally ditched her by the way!"

"Good!" I laughed as we skirted over waves and around corners.

"I think this is the longest any of the guys have even gone on... I'm pretty sure Matt's threatening Dad!" She nodded her head towards the boat. Matt was at the front of the boat next to Dad, it looked like yelling but I can only imagine he was trying to be heard, in Dad's ear. We didn't seem to be going so fast, but I was assuming that was because we were on the tube not watching.

"This isn't that hard!" I laughed as we hit a wave. "Fuck!" I shouted, my hands were so wet and I wasn't paying attention. My left hand let go and I fell over the side of the tube. My stupid ass had my right hand wrapped in the rope on the side of the tube, so I couldn't let go of it.

Matt's POV

"She fell off!" Zack shouted and stood up, watching. "Wait, Michelle... STOP, STOP!" Zack bolted up and began yelling to Dad, "Michelle said stop, Liz is stuck or something I don't see her!"

When Jacky had fallen off we weren't too far from their dock so she started swimming back, but she had surfaced soon after falling off. Liz on the other hand, still hadn't surfaced and Michelle was waving like a mad woman.

"Fuck..." Dad slowed the boat down and stopped it. Zack, Brian, and I dove in the water and swam for the tube since it was still a distance from the boat.

"She came off but I don't see her! Her hands stuck!" Michelle leaned over the side, grappling with the safety rope on the side "Brian!" She screamed, yanking furiously.

All three of us reached the tube and I went under, grabbing Liz's body from under the tub while Zack and Brian worked to untangle her hand. "Dad!" Brian shouted "I need a rope cutter!"

Brent jumped in the water and swam over, handing a knife over to Brian, who cut the rop from the tube. By this point the tube and boat had drifted closer together. Dad was frantic, pacing the boat while McKenna kept asking if she should call an ambulance.

"No, I'll call Marine Patrol if she isn't breathing.." Dad mumbled, helping Brent hoist her from my arms on to the boat. "She's not breathing.." Dad announced as we all climbed aboard.

"Does anyone know CPR?" McKenna asked quickly, all of us ignoring Jacky shouting questions from the shore.

"I do..." Michelle mumbled and raised her hand.

"Well fucking save her!" Zack shouted, staring at he "Who fucking cares just do it!"

"Ok ok ok!" She bent down and began pumping Liz's chest, breathing in to her mouth. It took two reps and Liz suddenly heaved, water spilling from her mouth as she sat up, coughing and choking.

"OH fuck... Oh fuck!" Zack pulled her in to a tight hug, brushing her hair down with his hand. I wrapped my arms around the two of them, just now noticing tears coming down my cheeks. I wiped them and attributed it to water from the lake.

"Ow... Oww!" Liz screeched, pushing us from her "Ow!"

"Sis are you ok? What's your name? What day is it? Where are we?" Zack rambled off at her as she sat back, her hands clutching her hip where a visible bruise was already forming.

"Shut up, my name's Elizabeth Baker, it's September second, and we're at Brian's camp... Oww!" She groaned "And I'm a moron and tucked my hand in the tube rope.."

"Did you see the light?" Dad asked, kneeling down beside her and handing her a water bottle.

"I think I've ingested enough water.." She laughed gently "My hip hurts."

"Wanna go back?" Michelle asked "Dude you weren't breathing."

"Michelle kissed you." Brian announced "I'm sorry."

"Shut up." Michelle whacked his arm "We should go back and at least let her and I off, you guys go have fun or something. We need to get something on that bruise."

"Yah.." Liz mumbled and looked up at me, laughing suddenly "Are you ok?"

"Me? Yah why?" I asked, helping her as she tried to stand.

"You're face is so red, you're like... are you crying?" She asked, hugging me as we sat on the bench together, Dad starting the boat up to go back.

"No." I shook my head, laughing as everyone eyed me "No, I think my face his the water funny when we all jumped in to get you."

"Your fucking girlfriend has a fucking human sized bruise on her entire right side and you're complaining about your face from slightly impacting water?" Brent laughed "Dude grow a pair."

"Hey, I'm trying to justify crying over here." I smirked and kissed Liz's cheek "I was freaking the fuck out, babe. We didn't see you anywhere and Michelle was flipping out. You were under the tube, and not breathing."

"Oh." She stared at the floor "Oh... I need a fucking beer. Or seven." She laughed as the boat docked, Jacky ran over.

"What happened? Is everything ok? You guys were all screaming and the boat stopped.." She stared around.

"Oh it's fine... Liz just got caught under the tube and almost died-"

"WHAT?!" Suzy ran over from the beach area "What the fuck?!"

"It's fine, Michelle made out with her and brought her back." McKenna laughed as Suzy and Jacky stared at her "No, she gave her fucking CPR, duh."

"Oh, god... Oh!" Suzy stared at Liz's hip, well, her entire side of her body was a darker bruised color now.

"Yah, her hand was wrapped in the safety rope, that no longer exists because I cut it off to get her hand free, and she was dragging under the tub from when she fell off. Michelle was flipping out or we wouldn't have stopped. We saw Jacky surface and swim back, but we didn't see Liz. We got her on the boat and Mich had to do CPR cuz she wasn't breathing. She choked up a ton of water and was fine..." Brian explained as we all got off the boat.

"Ok, I'll start a fire and you guys go grab food and stuff, booze." Dad gave Liz a small hug "Sorry kiddo."

"Don't be." She laughed "That was so much fun, seriously. Other than almost dying."

"Yes, other than that part." He laughed, rolling his eyes "Definitely Zack's sister."

"Definitely." They both smiled in unison, Zack helped Liz off the boat and walked her over to a lawn chair. "I'll grab you a towel, kick your feet up, don't move... Once you get enough alcohol in your system you won't even feel it."

"Thank you, that's what I'm hoping." She smiled and sat down, a look of relief washing over her face.

Well there was day one of relaxing friend-cation we had planned.. Hopefully the rest of the week went better. For everyone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay. Little bug is still sick :( still cranking that fever, ugh. Around 11PM when she finally fell asleep, it was on my chest while we were listening (and I was singing along with) Angels by Avenged Sevenfold. So fittingly, the title credit is to that song haha. Thankfully tonight was slightly less painful but very hard to get her to bed. Maybe one more tonight, I'm so exhausted.

xxxooooJbdizzle