Sequel: Dear God
Status: ~finito~

Gimme One Reason.

25

Liz was in her room, finally showered and dressed. She could hear the boys downstairs talking loudly, not arguing, but being loud. Her stomach rumbled and she placed her hands along the flat exposed skin beneath her Misfits teeshirt. She had on low rise jeans and a shirt, her hair was washed and up in a bun on her head.

Before she could make up her mind about venturing for food, a knock came on her door. She rolled her eyes.

"What?" Her voice impacted the door and it opened. She crossed her arms "You can get the fuck out of here. Thanks."

"Let me explain, Liz." Matt walked in, hands in his pockets as he sat on her bed.

"I think you don't understand English. Get the fuck out means leave not come in have a seat." She stared at him, the audacity to ignore her.

"I told Val to come and get her things. Yes I said on a night you were working, because I wanted Brian and Zack there without you flipping out at them or coming and beating her ass again." He stared at her green eyes, watching whatever emotions flowing through the green energy beaming from them. She nodded for him to continue "I said we would eventually have to hang out, not inviting her to hang out. Her sister is my best friend's girlfriend. It's inevitable we'll see eachother again. And my words were that we needed to be civil and she couldn't start shit with you."

"Matt-"

"No, please. Let me finish." He stopped. Liz sat back against her dresser and raised an eyebrow at him as he took a breath "I didn't defend myself because I was confused. I was hurt Michelle would try to start something like this between us. You left and I lost my shit on Brian, said a lot of shit I shouldn't have said. We all..." He paused as Liz's phone rang from beside him.

"Keep going I can call them back." She waved it off.

"We got in to a huge fight, all of us, and it got worse once Michelle showed up. And Suzy took my side, so did Brian's dad. She explained her point and it hit me that... she was looking out for you more than me, and I guess that pissed me off. But you're Zack's sister..." He stopped and collecting his train wreck of thoughts. The thought of losing Liz hurt him, but he didn't want to fully admit that was it "Please.. if anything can we... can we just get along and you pretend not to completely hate me?"

"Matt.." The short brunette stood, making her way over to Matt as he stood "I will always be your friend. I just... I don't think a relationship is the best idea.."

"Right now?" Matt smirked as she rolled her eyes.

"Yah, whatever floats your boat Sanders." She giggled as he kissed the top of her head. Her fist impacted his stomach, causing him to double over. She put her hand on his shoulder and leaned down "You ever fucking try to screw me over again I'll end you."

"Got it.." Matt choked out, laughing as he stood.

"Cool. Now one more rule." Her green eyes pierced his hazel ones as he raised an eyebrow "Don't bring that skank around here, and I won't flaunt my new endeavors in your face."

"Lizzy." Matt sighed "You can't keep doing that.. What if.."

"STDs? Pregnancy? I got that covered. Birth control, condoms, the good stuff." She smirked at him, pushing him for the door "Now move, I'm so hungry right now I could literally eat a whole cow."

Matt pushed out of her way as she stormed from the room as if fire was on her heels. Matt walked behind her slowly, careful as to his distance. His heart was heavy, he knew not to push her though. He wondered if the more space he gave her the sooner she'd come around? Or would he lose her sooner? His money was on losing her, and his heart and mind couldn't fathom it. But as long as he could keep distance enough to stay friends.

He followed in to the kitchen where Liz had begun making breakfast, taking in to consideration the guys present so she made extra. Knowing how hungry she was that she needed way more than usual to feed all of them. She hadn't asked yet where the girls were, Michelle or Jacky. They had stayed at the camp to give the boys time to do some damage control. Hoping to be able to bring her back for th remainder of time. Michelle was heart broken that she had misread so much and believed Val fully. In doing so she did exactly what she was setting out to stop. Liz getting hurt.

"So..." Zack began as Liz began plating breakfast "When is the last time you ate?" He asked as Liz shoved a plate in all their directions. Bacon, eggs, toast, and home fries. Her specialty fries with extra extra seasoning.

"Uh..." She paused "At camp, I had lunch with you guys." She nodded, honestly trying to think of the last time she ate.

"Right... Like half a serving." Brian laughed, shoveling food in to his mouth. He loved her breakfasts more than anything, "God I miss Sundays here." He mumbled, mouth full of food.

"Me too." Zack sighed and looked at Liz "You need to stop working so much."

"Oh yah," Liz rolled her eyes, eating quickly "Lemme get on that. Cue up the broke status."

"You know we got you." Matt rolled his eyes "You really don't need to work.."

"I mean your brother is a rockstar." Zack smirked.

"Starving artist." She corrected "Anyways... so.."

"You're coming back to camp right?" Brian smiled, interrupting her thought "Come on, Michelle wants to apologize. But we wouldn't let them come until we decided you weren't rabid."

"Or harboring diseases." Zack added, to which his younger sister punched his arm.

"Speak for yourself." She hissed back.

"Oh, fucking right. Why were you with Gena last night?" Zack asked, eyeing his sibling hard.

"Uh..." Liz laughed "I knew it would piss you off, so we hung out for a bit and had drinks.. she wants you to call her."

"Fuck that." Zack groaned "She's a cunt."

"Well then." Liz drank some of her coffee as Brian interrupted about camp once again "I don't know. I mean.. I'll just be a drunk asshole."

"Aren't we all?" Matt smirked as she nodded her head, agreeing silently "So we can leave in a few minutes, I'm sure Michelle is about to jump off a bridge with Jimmy there."

"Oh fuck right." Zack laughed, hurrying Liz along as he volunteered to do the dishes while she re-packed her things.
♠ ♠ ♠
Might take the weekend off from writing, not sure yet. Have a ton of shit to do but my daughter is going to her other grandparents Sunday so I could crank out a few then :)

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxxxooo Jbd