Sequel: Dear God
Status: ~finito~

Gimme One Reason.

27

It had been three weeks since the lake house, since our incident, and everything was going... ok? All our schedules were pretty relaxed for right now which meant we spent a lot of time at home, hanging out. I had quit my job at the mall, per Zack's advice, and started working on something of my own.. I was also still slightly confused as to my feelings on Matt.

I couldn't take my eyes off of him, whenever he was around, I wasn't sure what it was. I wasn't jealous, I knew I didn't really want him any more. I knew he should be with Val, I just wasn't sure when that was going to come around.

Zack was currently down stairs, talking to Brian about their next tour this coming winter. Apparently they were actually renting a bus, the record label they were signing to now was going to get them one. I was stoked for them, somewhat depressed to be losing them for a few months, but it would work. No way in fuck was I going again. I also had my own surprise up my sleeve, hopefully one that would distract me from their abscence...

"You have to visit." Brian pleaded "Michelle is coming, and she'll lose her mind if she doesn't get to see you."

"That'll be weird." I laughed, sipping on my coffee "Jacky'll be there, I'm assuming Val is going to be there for Matt... I'll be like a.." I paused and counted "Eleventh wheel."

"Val isn't going." Brian shook his head as I raised an eyebrow "Matt still isn't talking to her, so I mean.."

"No." I said sternly "I'll visit once or twice when you're close. I'm not staying."

"Whatever." Brian rolled his eyes "Michelle will convince you otherwise, she already has it all planned out."

"Nope." I crossed my arms and laughed "I have my own plans."

"Like what?" Zack asked, turning his head to me quickly "Liz?"

"I'm going to go away for my birthday, and considering that's your first week on tour." I smirked, they'd obviously not remembered the confliction of dates.

"Fuuuuck!" Zack grabbed his head "Liz-"

"Shut up, I can handle my own." I gulped some coffee, this morning didn't constitute Baileys yet, so I was sober.

"Yah, with Jeremy?" Zack eyed me "No way. Fuck.."

"What can you even do? Stay home? Yah right." I laughed and waved him off "We can celebrate another time. Really."

"Come on! This sucks!" Brian grabbed his phone "Bullshit.... but... what are you gonna do?"

"Well, I was planning on going to Colorado with some friends to go skiing, a bunch of us were going. I also snagged a graphic design internship at a company out there.."

"WHAT?!" The two boys shrieked in unison "Don't you need school for that??" Zack asked.

"I took a few college level courses in highschool, on the side underneath my torment.. I've also continued them recently and I've shredded some classes out lately online so I've gotten pretty far.." I shrugged "I mean.. I like it."

"Holy fuck." Brian laughed "Way to do this under the table."

"I had no idea." Zack stared at me, eyeing me carefully. "How were you doing this without me knowing?"

"Hours on my laptop, earphones in, on my phone constantly..." I shrugged "A lot of time in my room means a lot of study hours. Which in turn means I'm going to be working at a graphics compant based out of Breckenridge."

"Fuck." Zack nodded "Well... congrats? I mean you aren't even eighteen yet, do they know that?"

"Yah, but I'll be eighteen when I start working. It's a paid internship, like really well paid.. So I'm moving out there.."

"WAIT." Brian held his hands out "We get time off and you go and start a degree in graphic design,"

"Minoring in music studies." I smirked.

"Jesus... When were you going to tell us?" Zack asked.

"I was actually going to video chat you guys from my new apartment..." I smiled nervously. "I'm moving out in a week, kind of.. "

"Right when we leave for tour." Zack glared at me "Elizabeth-"

"Zack don't." I held my hand up "I'm going to be fine... I got this... I promise." I smiled at him wide, "I can handle myself, mmy big brothers have all showed me how to take care of myself." I smiled at him and Brian "You guys have been great. I just do need to get out on my own. Mom and Dad know, they're excited... I'm excited. It's so nice there, I've already looked at all of it and the location of my apartment. It's right next off of the main highway, like ten minutes from their resort and mountain area. It's perfect."

"And you're comfortable doing this alone? Your first time alone?" Brian asked "Mich can stay, and help you-"

"It's ok, Jer is helping me move, and then a girl from school I actually know is out there. Marie. She's a sweetheart, I guess she lives close." I smiled.

"Well... god, this is so weird. I wish I knew sooner." Zack sighed "You're a dick for hiding it. Matt's gonna-"

"I'm gonna what?"

The front door opened as Matt walked in, a smile across his face as his eyes met mine. I waved politely as he walked in "What am I gonna do and why?"

"Freak out." Brian mumbled under his breath "So..."

"I'm like halfway through a graphic design course,"

"Minoring in Music Studies." Zack added.

"Right, that... and I'm starting an internship in Breckenridge next month, and I'm moving there in a week." I smiled at him, watching his face drop in emotions "I mean.. I'm excited. I get to spend my birthday skiing and being in snow."

Matt's POV

"Right, that... and I'm starting an internship in Breckenridge next month, and I'm movign there in a week." She smiled at me. My heart dropped in to my shoes, my mouth was dry for a response "I mean.. I'm excited. I get to spend my birthday skiing and being in snow."

"Oh fuck." I slapped my forehead, we were touring on her birthday "Lizzy-"

"It's fine, I'm having some friends out to go skiing and do some fun shit."

"Well..." I sat down across from the three of them on the couch "I guess congrats?" I laughed as she thanked me "But... I had to talk to Zack for a minute, and Brian. About tour actually, you can stay though."

"Nah, I gotta go get dressed anyways. I'm going shopping with Jer for house stuff. He's helping me move out." She smiled and stood, her shorts slipping on her hips slightly "I'm probably gonna hit the hair salon too," She glanced at Zack as he glared, she had suddenly struck up a friendship with his ex Gena, who was obviously going to be doing her hair, and it pissed Jacky off also which was making Zack and her rocky. "So I shouldn't be back soon. You guys have fun." She waved and scampered from the room.

"What's up?" Zack asked, shaking the anger from his face as he turned to me.

"Tour... Larry wanted to finalize some dates and things with us, he wanted to conference with all of us tonight." I grabbed my phone to show him the email "This stuff, like venues and riders..."

"Oh, ok cool." Zack nodded, sliding in to a conversation about towns and stuff we would be in. I was ignoring him, my mind was focused on the fact Liz was going to be moving, that she wouldn't be here when we got home. That she'd be in a completely different state.

I'd officially lost my chance, and I could feel even our friendship slipping through my fingers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit to Second Heartbeat by none other than Avenged motherfucking Sevenfold :D I'm trying to get as many of these up tonight before I go to bed because tomorrow is going to be so busy I'm gonna crash tomorrow night xD

xoxoxoxoxoxxxxooo JbD