Sequel: Dear God
Status: ~finito~

Gimme One Reason.

28

Third Person POV

Today was the last day. Liz was leaving tomorrow afternoon for Breckenridge with Jeremy, a moving truck parked outside and ready to go when they woke up. The guys and girls were all over the house to celebrate and also shed tears in the girls part, the fact she was going. Two days before they left for tour.

Michelle had offered to help her move, but her refusal was quick. She wanted to break off those cords as quick as possible. Liz was tired of needing them all so much, she was tired of depending on them for plans, for things to do, for protection, for everything.

"To Liz." Jimmy raised his shot glass in the air as Brian poured the last shot in to Michelle's glass, everyone raising in unison. "To our mutual little sister breaking out on her own, moving to another state, pursuing amazing things..." Everyone could hear the tears behind his voice.

"I'm gonna miss you Lizzy." Johnny smiled, tapping his glass against her's.

"I'm gonna miss you too." She smiled as they all downed shots of Jameson.

"OK! The fun part!" Brian jumped in the air "We're all gonna go around-"

"This isn't a fucking funeral, Brian!" Liz whined as they all took seatsn, Michelle ushering Liz over to the couch where the two sat down, Michelle on one side and Zack on the other.

"Zack." Brian smirked at him "Start."

"Ok." Zack smiled and stared at his over embarassed sister "Considering we won't be here for you eighteenth birthday we have to make this special and embarassing and as shitty for you as possible." He smiled and grabbed the TV remote "So we did this thing... We took a bunch of videos, from our phones and home videos, and pictures, and shit and Matt over there," Zack gestured to a slightly embarassed looking Matt "Threw them all together on his computer and made this movie thing... it's kind of lengthy. So grab a beer." Zack smiled as Liz covered her face in embarassment as Zack began the movie, Jimmy hit the lights behind them as it began.

"Elizabeth Jane Baker." Mrs. Baker smiled, holding a very tiny, bundled in a blanket, newborn Elizabeth. The room awwwwed at the scene. There was a small Zack jumping at his mothers feet to see the baby, his sister. Zack reached up and poked her nose "Easy Zachary! This is your sister... Elizabeth.."

"Libeth?" A very small, three year old Zack, asked as his mother nodded, his father was behind the camera. "Sissy?"

"Yes, sissy." His dad answered off camera. There wasn't a dry eye in the room as Mrs. Baker sat Zack down, and placed Elizabeth in his arms. He wiggled slightly and held her close, his small toddler face reaching down and kissing her forehead.


In current time now, he leaned over and put his arm around his sniffling sister, kissing her cheek as she laid on his shoulder. She laughed under her breath as the next scene unfolded on screen.

"Dude! She's gonna fucking kill you.." It was Matt's hushed voice on screen, behind the camcorder they used for holidays and birthdays, as Zack crept up the hallway to Liz's room. He placed his finger over his mouth at Matt, hushing him as he opened Liz's door. A cake in his hand.

"Wakey wakey..." Zack whispered as he sat on his sister's bed, it was her thirteenth birthday, she sat slowly, smiling brightly at the camer Matt was holding and hugging her brother, but not before the cake implanted on her face.

"ZACK!" She screeched, standing on her bed quickly as Zack moved. But she lept off and chased him.

"WAIT UP!" Matt called, the camera shaking as he ran behind the two siblings, down the hallway, and to the backyard.

Where just in time he caught Liz shoving Zack in to the pool fully in his clothes. She was in pajama bottoms and a white tank top.

"Loser! I hate you! You suck!" She laughed, wiping frosting from her face and hair. She turned and smirked at Matt "You asshole!" She laughed, walking towards him.

"No... Lizzy no!" He laughed, holding the camera still as she attacked him with frosting.


"Ugh, I remember that day." Liz laughed, still holding tight to Zack's arm. Matt's eyes ran over her form now, smiling at the memory. Even then he had loved her, but to him she was like a sister considering she was Zack's sister. But now he was sure it was more. His heart sank slightly, remembering why they were there.

"Oh! Look!" Michelle smiled as a picture showed up.

It was of herself, Liz, Brian, and Jimmy. They were at the beach, all hugging the one beside them, enjoying the sun. "Wasn't that the day-" Liz began.

"That Zack got stung by a jelly fish." Matt finished, everyone nodding and laughing.

"Oh, there's your answer." Michelle giggled, the next photo was of Zack, his face red with tears, holding his leg, as Matt stood above him pretending to pee on his leg as lifeguards assisted him.

"I swear, I was so ready to let you piss on it... that hurt so bad." Zack laughed as Matt nodded.

"You guys are gross." Liz chimed in as more pictures fled the screen. Liz realizing one person missing from them all was Val. Matt had done a great job at leaving the pictures with her in them out, even though they had all shared a few good memories together. She was thankful.

"AH!" Jimmy laughed as a small video clip appeared.

"Smile!" It was Zack's voice this time, aimed at a very depressed looking Liz.

"Ugh, prom." Liz pretended to choke.

"You had a pretty hot date." Michelle giggled, elbowing her arm. Matt had taken her to prom, considering she refused to go and everyone knew she could only be forced by one of them. Val and Matt had been on a break at the time.

Matt's eyes scanned the video, letting out a quiet sigh of contentment. Maybe Liz wasn't the one who needed to see these as much as he did..

"Come on! Smile Liz! This is going to be in the year book!" Zack's voice rang out.

Her eyes rolled and Matt tickled her side, smirking at the camera as she giggled. "There we go!" Zack shouted, Matt's hand moved over her's, cradling them in front of her body as the camera snapped a decent picture of the two.

"I can't believe you fuckers dragged me to this, this is vile. Gross. Look at this dress, it's fucking sparkly." She picked at the dress on her body, making a grossed out face at the camera as she shook her tied up hair, some of the flowers loostening in her bun.

"Just enjoy it, you only prom once!" Matt smiled, kissing the top of her head.

"No, you prom twice idiot." Liz shook her head, letting him wrap his arm around her waist as the entered the building, Zack cut the video off.


"Awe!" Michelle giggled as Liz rolled her eyes.

More pictures flooded the screen, typical memories, lots of group pictures and outings, trips they'd taken, field trips the guys had snuck on to sneak Liz out of. Sports games, homecoming. And most recently graduation. In all of the pictures with Matt, he was kissing Elizabeth either on the cheek or on the top of her head, Zack on her opposite side.

By the end of the movie, there were tissues on the floor, the girls were sniffling and some of the men were wiping their eyes with their arms.

"That was awesome." Liz admitted "You really put that together?" She turned to Matt, who was finishing wiping his face. His mind focused on what he was giving up by being her friend. Them.

"Yah," He smiled at her "I kind of hoard all that shit. I'm a hoarder, memories edition." He smirked as she giggled, sinking into Zack's side.

"I'm exhausted." She yawned.

"Well sucks for you! We have a party to have!" Zack picked her up, Jimmy poured more drinks, and the night went on. Matt staying by her side the entirety of the night, trying to get as much time in as he could before the morning when they would wish her and Jeremy the best of luck on their trip, hoping to see her sooner than later.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ready? Ready!!! I didn't think i was going to get this one up tonight... LOL... Well..... Two more.......... This ended easier than I anticipated. Two more and it's over :( I have a sequel started though already haha. Just have to come up with a good title that fits <3

xoxoxoxoxoxoxxxxooooJbD